PDA

View Full Version : GAAAAAAAAH! I HATE FOS SO MUCH... >:O

TheAlmightyNewbie
Aug 8, 2003, 05:14 PM
ok i just did (or tried to do) a couple more runs, I planned to pipe for more 'torrs at about 666 beats or so (ive had good luck with that in the past.) this was on my redria lvl 64 RAcast, who has a justy, red HG, crush bullet, and fill gungnir. (crap weps i know, but i really need that god battle for my humar) the only problem was that EVERY SINGLE $%@#@ TIME I TRIED TO DO THE QUEST, ALICIA DIED! I use her as a shield, and although I'd like to be able to purposely get her stuck and leave her behind, I am in NO POSITION to try to tackle multiple hildelts without some sort of attention draw-away-er. I am so mad right now! if I could, I'd get all of my characters together and beat alicia to a pulp... hehe http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif I would look for better weapons, but none of my ids in or close to being in ultimate (skyly, redria, oran) really have good ranger finds. it's either this, or pipe for red slimes with my hunewearl... gaah i hate playing with my racast... it almost makes me not even want to play pso anymore. I could just level up and then try the quest again, but that'd take too long with my current weapon setup... what should i do http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Reece
Aug 8, 2003, 05:23 PM
dude, be happy she dies. well no, but I dunno I hate those NPCs also

TheAlmightyNewbie
Aug 8, 2003, 05:26 PM
On 2003-08-08 15:23, Reece wrote:
dude, be happy she dies. well no, but I dunno I hate those NPCs also

-.- if she could die without the quest ending, it wouldn't be as bad, but as soon as she dies... boom, quest over, time to start COMPLETELY over. and yes, i know the method to get to forest 2 without any fighting in forest 1, but its still a huge pain

Stalfos333
Aug 8, 2003, 05:31 PM
Unfortunately, you're looking for the wrong enemies. Torrs drop Magic Stone Iritista for Redria, which only makes the Rainbow Baton (stupid name, I know). The Hildelts, the Ult equivalent of Hildebears, drop the God/Battle. What you need to do is pipe out if Alicia is getting mashed. If you're a tech caster you need to Resta her instead of letting her do it. If you're a droid, freeze or confuse trap the enemies, then attack them or retreat while they're busy. Regardless, the best tip I can give is to level up (VH Ruins wouldn't be out of the question for easy levels at the level you're at, or even normal forest runs. You could expect as many as two levels an hour). Aside from that, snipe from a doorway with the RH. Baz should stay out of the room until it's time for you to run anyway.

Orange_Coconut
Aug 8, 2003, 05:33 PM
There are ways of ditching the NPCs actually, I've done it a few times accidently. I'm trying to see if there's a surefire way to ditch them so I can complete the quest without an NPC dying.

I've done it with Sue, Mome, Alicia, and I can't remember the last one.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Aug 8, 2003, 05:35 PM
On 2003-08-08 15:31, Stalfos333 wrote:
Unfortunately, you're looking for the wrong enemies. Torrs drop Magic Stone Iritista for Redria, which only makes the Rainbow Baton (stupid name, I know). The Hildelts, the Ult equivalent of Hildebears, drop the God/Battle. What you need to do is pipe out if Alicia is getting mashed. If you're a tech caster you need to Resta her instead of letting her do it. If you're a droid, freeze or confuse trap the enemies, then attack them or retreat while they're busy. Regardless, the best tip I can give is to level up (VH Ruins wouldn't be out of the question for easy levels at the level you're at, or even normal forest runs. You could expect as many as two levels an hour). Aside from that, snipe from a doorway with the RH. Baz should stay out of the room until it's time for you to run anyway.

i know what drops what, i really want the god/battle but it would be nice to get a rainbow baton too... it's just that even when i give her an opportunity, she refuses to heal herself... and droids don't really make good tech casters :/ lol... why would i pipe out if she's getting beat down on? she can't cast resta on p2... or do you mean just to get away and get sorted out, maybe go through the transporter instead of the pipe so she can have a chance to heal herself without enemies nearby (assuming shes smart enough). meh, ill probably just go level up for a bit

Stalfos333
Aug 8, 2003, 05:45 PM
She'll be healed if you go to the medic, but more importantly she won't be surrounded and the enemies will have reset. She'll be behind you, instead of on the verge of being killed.

I believe she does heal on ship, though. Possibly not Resta, but healing is healing.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Aug 8, 2003, 05:58 PM
On 2003-08-08 15:45, Stalfos333 wrote:
She'll be healed if you go to the medic, but more importantly she won't be surrounded and the enemies will have reset. She'll be behind you, instead of on the verge of being killed.

I believe she does heal on ship, though. Possibly not Resta, but healing is healing.

ah, i forgot about that. the only problem with the medic is that you can't heal her if you already have full HP :/

Stalfos333
Aug 8, 2003, 06:01 PM
The Last Survivor raises Max HP by 20, but not total HP. You can equip it to become "hurt".

Blood-Rayne
Aug 8, 2003, 06:11 PM
@ the beginning of Forest 2 there is a Heal Station where u can regain her TP... also if your not used to androids yet... USE FREEZE/CONFUSE TRAPS... dont worry about running out - - - there is a Heal station at the beginning of Forest 2. Walk her through it... you cant just walk into it BTW... Dont get your hopes too high for God/Battle... friend has done maybe 150 runz and no sign of em. Ive seen 1 torr after 180 hours of play w/ my 106 HUcast

TheAlmightyNewbie
Aug 8, 2003, 06:14 PM
can you replenish traps? if so, how? and btw last survivor is hunter only :/ i forgot completely about the healing rings, those should come in handy

MasterJoel
Aug 8, 2003, 06:29 PM
i have done hundreds of runs on that quest, and here is "the skinny" on doing it well...

-if alicia is going to die, pipe your way back home.
-the quest has a healing ring... use it often, especially if you are a FO.
-if you are a FO, use deband on her (its free in the healing ring), and use jellen on the monsters, because it makes you and her 10x more sturdy.
-if you are an android, traps are your friend... it isn't hard to get surrounded by monsters.
-without deband/jellen, it isn't a good idea to use her as a shield. to kill monsters, stand right inside the door and use a gun/techs to kill the monsters and run when they get close. you can easily kick they're butt by normal methods if your level isn't low. if you depend on her techs (you shouldn't, they suck), she can tech in the other room and still kill your monsters.
-its really easy to ditch her, if you really want to. once you are in F2, complete the first room with monsters. it should be really easy, seeing as how the healing ring is right there. in the second room, the one with the odd "tail" with all of the boxes, defeat all of the enemies. run along the left wall as closely as you can. there is a bend towards the end that she should get stuck at, allowing you to continue, and her to stay there. if done correctly, it works EVERY time.

well, there you go... in case you care, i am redria, and although i have only seen a few 'torrs, i have never found the irishta. i do, on the other hand, have god/battles flying out the wazoo. i just love to play that quest.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Aug 8, 2003, 06:44 PM
On 2003-08-08 16:29, MasterJoel wrote:
i have done hundreds of runs on that quest, and here is "the skinny" on doing it well...

-if alicia is going to die, pipe your way back home.
-the quest has a healing ring... use it often, especially if you are a FO.
-if you are a FO, use deband on her (its free in the healing ring), and use jellen on the monsters, because it makes you and her 10x more sturdy.
-if you are an android, traps are your friend... it isn't hard to get surrounded by monsters.
-without deband/jellen, it isn't a good idea to use her as a shield. to kill monsters, stand right inside the door and use a gun/techs to kill the monsters and run when they get close. you can easily kick they're butt by normal methods if your level isn't low. if you depend on her techs (you shouldn't, they suck), she can tech in the other room and still kill your monsters.
-its really easy to ditch her, if you really want to. once you are in F2, complete the first room with monsters. it should be really easy, seeing as how the healing ring is right there. in the second room, the one with the odd "tail" with all of the boxes, defeat all of the enemies. run along the left wall as closely as you can. there is a bend towards the end that she should get stuck at, allowing you to continue, and her to stay there. if done correctly, it works EVERY time.

well, there you go... in case you care, i am redria, and although i have only seen a few 'torrs, i have never found the irishta. i do, on the other hand, have god/battles flying out the wazoo. i just love to play that quest.

aight, think im gonna level up to 70 something then try these methods... btw that siggy is evil http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Blue-Hawk
Aug 8, 2003, 10:45 PM
Having trouble at those levels? I was having no problems with my hunters at lv 50+. Even my ramarls have no problems. I ont know why Alicia keeps dying for you. I have never, ever had her die in the quest.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Aug 9, 2003, 12:09 AM
On 2003-08-08 20:45, blue-hawk wrote:
Having trouble at those levels? I was having no problems with my hunters at lv 50+. Even my ramarls have no problems. I ont know why Alicia keeps dying for you. I have never, ever had her die in the quest.

perhaps you actually had good ranger weps >_>

Blue-Hawk
Aug 9, 2003, 03:25 PM
On 2003-08-08 22:09, TheAlmightyNewbie wrote:

On 2003-08-08 20:45, blue-hawk wrote:

perhaps you actually had good ranger weps >_>

H&S25 Justice with 35% hit for my hunewearl, Ramarls either use shots, red handguns or the spread needle.Depends on which ramarl i am playing.

Super_Tampon
Aug 9, 2003, 04:23 PM
Don't pipe for a Pouilly Slime, just split the Poufilly Slime and you can get a red one. It just worked last night (friend found a TP/Revival).

TheAlmightyNewbie
Aug 9, 2003, 06:07 PM
On 2003-08-09 14:23, Super_Tampon wrote:
Don't pipe for a Pouilly Slime, just split the Poufilly Slime and you can get a red one. It just worked last night (friend found a TP/Revival).

>_> you can only split one slime into four... i found a demolition comet last night without piping though, but that was just luck

TheTrueJanus
Aug 9, 2003, 08:15 PM
I can't believe nobody thought of this...if Alicia is dying so much and not healing herself and you're not able to heal her, get some Star Atomizers. I dunno if you're able to get very many, but if you have some, it should help.

Monomate
Aug 9, 2003, 08:20 PM
that's because NPCs like Alicia are too fucking stupid to USE MAGS!!! not even Elenor uses a MAG an she's all 'ooh MAGs are our friends we should treat them better...i can talk to MAGs they are so special...' blah blah blahohsorry...freaking stupid ST...making worthless chars...

Rudoku
Aug 9, 2003, 11:32 PM
On 2003-08-09 18:20, deathscythe_hell_custom wrote:
that's because NPCs like Alicia are too fucking stupid to USE MAGS!!! not even Elenor uses a MAG an she's all 'ooh MAGs are our friends we should treat them better...i can talk to MAGs they are so special...' blah blah blahohsorry...freaking stupid ST...making worthless chars...

But Elenor has a good excuse for not having a mag...

ryomakuriyami
Aug 10, 2003, 12:37 AM
That's because most of them aren't official hunters... you only get a MAG if you finish Jedi Hunter school.

Nani-chan
Aug 10, 2003, 12:40 AM
Alicia died only once as a android. But then I used traps more and used the Heal Ring in Forest 2 if I needed it. (heals her, refills my traps) Then you can have unlimited traps if needed.

VulpesMundi
Aug 10, 2003, 01:55 AM
Just a heads-up warning: the magic rock "Iritista" is an extremely rare item. It's pretty much the same rarity as other high-end rare enemy drops such as the Lavis Cannon and Psycho Wand. If you're expecting to get it easily, you're in for one nasty shock. Iritista has received the nickname Iritating rock for a very specific reason. My suggestion: work on a character that has an ID that can get a Frozen Shooter and get her/him into Ultimate ASAP.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Aug 10, 2003, 01:54 PM
yeah, I started a greenill fonewearl last night... i know it's rare, i don't REALLY want it that much, but i still pipe for torrs when i have the chance http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif