PDA

View Full Version : Do NPC make enemies drop rares?

Scejntjynahl
Aug 8, 2003, 06:27 PM
Hi everyone. Just out of curiosity is it possible for a NPC make a monster drop a rare? For example playing in Ultimate Mode offline quest "Forrest of Sorrow" Alicia goes on the quest with you. She is Whittil and for my character is a Hucaseal Grennill. So if my character shoots a Pal Rappy it will drop a GUARD WAVE. But what if Alicia gets the last hit as the Pal Rappy gets up again, will it drop the same thing, anything, or nothing? Just curious, thanks.

satoshi1
Aug 8, 2003, 07:26 PM
The section ID is determined by whoever makes the game. So in your case it'd be greenil. The other player's ID (human or NPC) does not affect the game if they did not make the game.

Aphrodite2003
Aug 8, 2003, 07:43 PM
YEa, casue I was playin with Kireek and he had killed a bartle, and it dropped Red Handgun, which is what, i get, Yellowboze.

Lunus
Aug 9, 2003, 06:14 AM
So are you guys saying that if I take my Greenil friend along in offline miltiplay, all the drops are going to be based off of my Pinkal ID no matter who kills what? Please tell me it's not so. . .

Da_Wrecka
Aug 9, 2003, 07:30 AM
On 2003-08-09 04:14, Lunus wrote:
So are you guys saying that if I take my Greenil friend along in offline miltiplay, all the drops are going to be based off of my Pinkal ID no matter who kills what? Please tell me it's not so. . .

If your character is player 1, then yes, all drops will be PINKAL. If your friend is player 1, all drops will be GREENILL. It's based by whoever made the game, (if online) or whoever is player 1 (if in offline multi) and nothing else will change that.

Butoden
Aug 9, 2003, 07:47 AM
Do you encounter more rare items when you're on a Quest? Because my friend found some neat gun in a Quest and he's been bragging about it ever since ^_^

Razor_Burn
Aug 9, 2003, 03:18 PM
On 2003-08-09 05:47, Butoden wrote:
Do you encounter more rare items when you're on a Quest? Because my friend found some neat gun in a Quest and he's been bragging about it ever since ^_^

I believe the encounter rate is the same as not being on a quest.

Reenee
Aug 9, 2003, 03:19 PM
Quests don't affect drop rates.