PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Question

chantez131313
Aug 8, 2003, 07:56 PM
I have 1 slot left to create a ranger on. The problem is i have no clue about rangers. Never tried one but i got tons of weapons for them. So my questions are:

1. What class do you think i should get and
2. What id is the best for ranger. I heard Purplenum is good but i have no clue. Thanks.

OniTatsujin
Aug 8, 2003, 08:29 PM
Greenill-Rifles
Purplenum-Mechguns
those are one of the best ID's for Rangers..you pick what is your favorite..

PABLOparavida
Aug 8, 2003, 08:33 PM
Ramar for life!!

chantez131313
Aug 8, 2003, 09:37 PM
ok but i still need about 20 people to vote. Just that i need your opinions. I also think ill make purplenum since i already have a greennill (first character i made...ever). Thanks and bring in more votes!!!

Bit
Aug 8, 2003, 09:45 PM
Make a RAmarl, They are easily balanced characters, and can get a level 20 Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure to help her out.

It's worth a try, eh?

Blade21
Aug 8, 2003, 09:47 PM
You say you've never tried on, however you have a RAmar in your sig. . . interesting. . . . Anyways I'd say pick a RAcast or RAcaseal. After playing with forces and Newmans. . . A raw power Ranger is fun to do.

Lionheart2411
Aug 8, 2003, 09:49 PM
I would pick RAmar. I have one and it's PURPLENUM and it's great with a NUGBAZOOKA 3000 +35!!!

Ranger_Larry
Aug 8, 2003, 10:49 PM
RAcaseal has LESS power than a RAmar,and a RAcast only has 90 more ATP and no shifta. The only real advantage to the droids is insane HP and traps.

OniTatsujin
Aug 8, 2003, 10:51 PM
RAcaseals have more DEF, which helps in ULtimate, less usage of Mates...and RAcaseals look cooler...

Ranger_Larry
Aug 8, 2003, 10:58 PM
I don't think a RAcaseal uses less mates than my RAmar http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

OniTatsujin
Aug 8, 2003, 11:00 PM
On 2003-08-08 20:58, Ranger_Larry wrote:
I don't think a RAcaseal uses less mates than my RAmar http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

RAcaseals look cooler than RAmar's..well that is my opinion..so...yeah...

chantez131313
Aug 8, 2003, 11:03 PM
Nice looking Blade21. Wondered if anyone would figure my little lie...Anyways i just wanted to recreate him since he was skyly, and i already got a better skyly charcter. So far im leaning to RAmar, seeing as the votes go. Ive pretty much ruled out RAmarl's because im not that heavy a magic user. And ive heard other things about the RAcast. So now down to the two contestants...RAmar and RAcaseal. Who will get my vote? No one knows...

RAmar

OniTatsujin
Aug 8, 2003, 11:05 PM
nooooooo!! make a RAcaseal!!

PSOJunky13
Aug 9, 2003, 12:46 AM
Greenil for Rifles
Purplenum for Mechguns
Bluefull for Handguns
and Vidria for Shotguns it all depends on what you want to find.

Lucas2k4
Aug 9, 2003, 12:50 AM
Bluefull isn't for handguns.....Bluefull specilizes in partisans. All ID's find 13 different handguns.

joluh
Aug 9, 2003, 01:43 AM
RAmar: i got sick after playing 1-2 hours by looking at that uber-big thing on his back, he looks like a robot x_X'

RAmarl: hummm pretty nice i'd say

RAcaseal: she's cute XD

RAcast: annoying sound when they walk...

so RAmarl or RAcaseal... voted racaseal

OniTatsujin
Aug 9, 2003, 01:48 AM
i agree...RAmar's look stupid, RAmarl's are okay, RAcasts are too big and look dumb smaller
racaseals look cool...and have good stats

Neo_Squall105
Aug 9, 2003, 01:50 AM
The RAmarl class is my favorite class right next to RAcaseal and HUnewearl.

Old Seed
Aug 9, 2003, 02:09 AM
Ive played as each of the RAs and I found to be my RAcaseal the most fun. RAmar(l)s have they're techs and pretty solid dmg, but I found I just wasnt using the magic enough for the stat inferiority. But hey thats just me ^_^;; It all depends, better stats/traps or norm stats/techs. It also helps that my RAcaseal is an almost exact copy of Shino ^_- If im gonna stare at a screen for hours, better make it worth while.

As for the whole ID thing...
Greenil-Rifles
Viridia-Shots
Purplenum-Mechs

fyrewyre
Aug 9, 2003, 03:24 AM
I would suggest using a racaseal [second highest hp and highest def] cause later on you use far less mates than anyone but they have low attack. i would also pick a racast [highest hp and second highest def]cause they have much better potential and can hold their own even online at higher levels only down part is ...i dont know. racasts are just tanks. i would pick a ramark also cause its like a force with an arsenal of guns and mary janes on i dont know any down parts as of yet. ramars have the highest dex but later on you will pray for a force ad good armor cause they have def issues. it depends on the user really, go for what you feel comfy with

Da_Wrecka
Aug 9, 2003, 08:01 AM
I'd say the RAmarl is probably the easiest Ranger to carry in the later stages of the game. RAcasts and RAcaseals may have more power than the humans but they share a common flaw; whatever weapon damage they get, they CAN'T improve upon short of using Mylla&Youlla. (And no android will ever use less mates than a non-android, people http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) Traps will only take you so far due to their limits. The human Rangers, if the monsters prove resistant to their weapon damage, have Shifta to help out. And if they're still resistant the RAmarl can use Zalure too. Not only that but the RAmarl gets L20 Shifta, Deband, Jellen and Zalure to the RAmar's L15 Shifta and Deband. They get lower stats, true, which can make them a little harder to play starting out, but their superior magic makes them easier to use later on.

clance
Aug 9, 2003, 09:16 AM
RAcast are temporery HUcasts but they have more advantages, they have higher HP/DEF/ATA than HUcast but HUcast has more ATP. RAcast ATP is more than HUcaseal he is stronger than HUnewearl but she can cast lvl 20 S/D/J/Z so that dosn't realy count, he can use AAAALLLL guns in the game and he has the Highest HP out of all classes from lvl 1-200!!
Bias descision would be RAcast.

Monomate
Aug 9, 2003, 10:02 AM
hmmm i would say RAmarl or RAcaseal cuz that's what i always say...but for once im actually going to go android and say RAcaseal...gotta love the traps and the def...so yeah...go RAcaseal...

Solidus_Snake
Aug 9, 2003, 11:55 AM
RAcaseal all the way. Its handy to be able to take less damage for when you do get hit plus they look good considering they are androids

KingFluff
Aug 9, 2003, 02:41 PM
I would say RAmar, the androids can't use techniques, and I'd die without my resta (realy, I would die). And pick Purplenum, its good. Yep.

Neverwinter
Aug 9, 2003, 02:55 PM
I second that by saying make a RAmar...they CAN use techs but thats not their main focus. They have the HIGHEST ATA and have moderate Power, power boosted from Shifta and Enemies Defence lowerd by Zalure, give extra...extra damage keeping the ability to use handy dandy techs.

fyrewyre
Aug 10, 2003, 12:35 AM
I notice ppl keep mentioning techniques...people people..get off your crutches! using a ramar you will realize you will have to haul ass so the rappys wont hit. i notice i dont hav to use mates with my racaseal cause the safety heart and df feild drops damage to a minimal. i used to slap on asecret gear and guardwave at level 128 and ask a force friend to go thru the ruins with me. well i never get hit but the ramar and hune with us did. im a strong supporter of the racast but when i tried out the racaseal i knew who owns.

Zolpner
Aug 10, 2003, 03:15 AM
I have 2 RAmarls
one GREENNILL
one PURPLENUM

Choose the one that you think you will most like and have the most fun with (for me RAmarl)

RuneScapeMan
Aug 10, 2003, 07:54 AM
This is weird...
About two months ago i made a poll asking which was your favourite ranger.

RAmar was last(he's nr 1 now)
And RAcast was second with one vote from RAmarl(He's nr 4 now)

Oh well...

I suggest RAmarl myself if you're offline only.
But keep in mind that RAcast has more atp than both HUnewearl and HUcaseal although they are Hunters.
And he has MUCH MUCH more HP too.
Mine has 2214 XD, and i have 2200 atp with a normal Vulcan when a FO gives me S/D so...

Since I mostly play online now days, i choose RAcast.
He was the first character i choose because I wanted a ranger, but I saw that all of the rangers had some terrible weak atp. So i choose RAcast since he was the only one with much atp and thats still my opinion.

Slicer238
Aug 10, 2003, 08:07 AM
I got a RAmar. Decent ATP and the best ATA you can get.

Ranger_Larry
Aug 18, 2003, 04:57 PM
On 2003-08-09 22:35, fyrewyre wrote:
I notice ppl keep mentioning techniques...people people..get off your crutches! using a ramar you will realize you will have to haul ass so the rappys wont hit. i notice i dont hav to use mates with my racaseal cause the safety heart and df feild drops damage to a minimal. i used to slap on asecret gear and guardwave at level 128 and ask a force friend to go thru the ruins with me. well i never get hit but the ramar and hune with us did. im a strong supporter of the racast but when i tried out the racaseal i knew who owns.

A RAmars def is only 10 lower than a HUcaseal. His base def (no mats) is low, but since he can eat 250 it's no problem bringing def up to acceptable levels. Not to mention he has the MOST HP out of any NON droid. RAmars do better growing at higher levels than most other characters do, something NOOBs wouldn't know since they never stick with characters.

Da_Wrecka
Aug 18, 2003, 07:09 PM
On 2003-08-09 12:55, Neverwinter wrote:
I second that by saying make a RAmar...they CAN use techs but thats not their main focus. They have the HIGHEST ATA and have moderate Power, power boosted from Shifta and Enemies Defence lowerd by Zalure, give extra...extra damage keeping the ability to use handy dandy techs.

Except RAmars can't use Jellen or Zalure in Ep1&2. Only in v1 and v2 could they do that, and it didn't make a whole lot of difference anyway in either of those versions. (Jellen was handy in Ult but it was very pants compared to a Force's Jellen or Zalure)

Evion
Aug 19, 2003, 12:16 AM
t3h Ramarl. Why? I dunno. Variety? I just like 'em. Of course, I like every ranger short of RAcast, but that's another story.

Elusive_Llama
Aug 19, 2003, 12:52 AM
Go Ramarl. Jellen and Zalure get used a lot more than you think, even by a gun-using class. You ever tried Ultimate Ruins online? Just about everything there can smack you down in one hit, or take off plenty of hp with every swipe. Throw on a Jellen and all those bone-crushing swipes become lovetaps. Throw on a Zalure and you're clearing the room before you even know it.

PARANOiA
Aug 19, 2003, 06:18 AM
Im a RAmar and I like the Greennill ID best. Rifles are better than Mechguns IMO. Frozen Shooter!!