PDA

View Full Version : help: is it seven hours straight?

Blaster
Aug 8, 2003, 09:45 PM
I am thinking about doing challenge mode with my level 127 RAmar. Do I have to play for seven hours straight or can I do it in sections. If so, how long are the sections? Also, is a level 127 RAmar too low of level even with good weapons.

Blaster
Aug 8, 2003, 09:56 PM
On 2003-08-08 19:45, Blaster wrote:
I am thinking about doing challenge mode with my level 127 RAmar. Do I have to play for seven hours straight or can I do it in sections. If so, how long are the sections? Also, is a level 127 RAmar too low of level even with good weapons.

nevermind the all at once thing. I found that it can be broken up in parts, but is my ranger too low of a level.

eXo
Aug 9, 2003, 12:06 AM
Dont worry yes C-Mode can be done in parts,but your character level does not matter. Because the challenge Character levels are preset,example : You can hit level 6 in C1 but when you start C2 you will only be a level 4. Also any items that you find do not carry over to the next challenge. So if you find a material or someone gives you one pop it and pop it ASAP http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

eXo
Aug 9, 2003, 12:09 AM
Oh yeah i almost forgot to mention,that guntz and I are hosting a C-Mode wensday @6:00pm pst on deneb4.
You can also join VulpesMundi at the same time and location but on fridays. Feel free to come on down the more the better,we always have room.

Blaster
Aug 9, 2003, 12:57 AM
I would like to come sometime, but I won't be able to make wednesday or next friday. Some future friday I will come. Also, I don't understand how a person starts from scratch. I have a HUcast, would it be difficult to learn or do people pick up challenge mode easily? Also, could you brief me on the mags. I got kinda confused reading about the other post about challenge mode mags. Thanks

univox
Aug 9, 2003, 02:07 AM
A HUcast is a good character to start with. So you're set there.

How easy it is to pick up? That depends on your own actions. When you're playing with experienced players, make sure you follow their commands and try to pay attention to what they do. That way you familiarize yourself with the maps and puzzles.

In addition go here (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewtopsection?ion=Challenge+Mode) and try to absorb as much info as possible, especially the maps so you know what to expect. I'd suggest taking advantage of the printable maps, or sitting next to your computer while you play. It's a great deal of help when you can glance at the maps here and there while your running through a stage.

Raziel_Kai
Aug 10, 2003, 12:26 AM
The most important thing you need to remember is to play as a part of the team.
Printing out the maps is a very good idea and also, take heed of the more experienced player's messages and commands. Most importantly: never touch a switch unless asked to do so.

And a HUcast is a good choice for a begginer Cmode player. Easier to use, and has the strenght and HP to help out in the stages.
Oh... and don't hog the items, just take what you need and leave the rest for the party.
Remember! Teamwork is essential!

Good luck and happy hunting!