PDA

View Full Version : Suicidal tendencies?

Core
Mar 23, 2001, 02:01 PM
Just seeing how many people out there show these symtoms.

1.) Check mail while fighting off Delsabers in V.H.
2.) Tend to visit the hospital 10 times in one run through the ruins
3.) Or go through scape dolls like their candy.

If so please sign

(P.S.) If your wondering I have had all these happen to me.

Lmnopia
Mar 23, 2001, 04:06 PM
yeahhh!

DarkWolf
Mar 23, 2001, 10:52 PM
I admit, I too am self-destructive... however, I don't usually check my mail on V.Hard Ruins... Hard Ruins or V.Hard Mines, yes, but not V.Hard ruins.

I've played in too many groups where the Hunters think they're Forces, and hence I tend to lose my "Force Habit" offline, and I get myself killed too often. LOL!

Fargo
Mar 23, 2001, 11:27 PM
I am one of those Hunters who think they're Forcers. But then I have a Pinkal ID and with my Bana equipped and a shitload of high power spells at my disposal, I sometimes get to thinking perhaps my TP bar could be used for something other than resta or Ryuker...

so I casts me some spells and get annoyed the don't seem to be doing the agonising damage they really should be and while I'm thinking about this, 4 Delsabres have got the jump on me and have hack thrust parried me to death.

I also have a tendency to get every enemy in the room to pay attention to me, so I can see just how many uglys I can hit at a time with my Soul Eater... And during this time, I think about how much damage I could be doing with each swipe, so I attempt to cast Shifta lvl12 with a dozen dimenians braying for my blood only a footstep away. More often than not, they get what they want...

I really hate it when at a critical moment, I get away from the horde enough to cast Resta, and find to my frustration that I've just used a Photon Blast, as I wasn't paying attention to the meter, and missed the 'ping!' warning because several Delsabres were attempting to get intimate with me at the same time...

I try not to walk around with Scape Dolls though. I find it good practise to never rely on the 'get out clause'...

Cross
Mar 24, 2001, 12:06 AM
Well, I don't exactly do any of those three (except the odd mail checking), but I think my own case qualifies...

"So what if I'm a level 50 Force in VHard Ruins?

I've had enough practice. I can hand-to-hand these guys."

(2 successful pannings later)

You see? They're noth-"

<Would you like to return to Pioneer 2?>

"... Oh shut UP. And revive me already, you ingrate."

Gilder
Mar 24, 2001, 12:08 AM
1) I check mail whenever I get it. Even if it's during a Dark Falz fight on V. Hard, because mail is always more important that properly schooling him.

2) I've never been to the hospital once, except when I died and no one was there to recover me.

3) I used to go through scape dolls like candy fighting Dark Falz on Hard with my level 20 back in the day, or even before then, against Dark Falz when I was level 13.

Also, I'm a hunter who thinks he's a force. A lot of games I join don't have forces, so I play the role. Besides, it comes in handy offline.

KLin-304
Mar 24, 2001, 01:38 AM
I carry healing items around for MAG fewd only, I rely on my weapons with HP leeching capability to recharge my health all the time, or if it is available, on a teammate's nice high lvl Resta. (Mmmm... Resta... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif ) Also, I have the tendency to get <strike>brave</strike> stupid when I'm invincible. I unequip my weapon and try to take down enemies with my bare fists, all the while shouting "I'm Super Saiyan!" (C'mon you know you've done this before, don't try to be denying it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif )

Archer_Hedge
Mar 24, 2001, 02:13 AM
Do you think a person has a problem when they drag their DC as far as the cables will allow them, plug in a controller extension and stretch it as far as it can go, drag the controller to its limits, and fight while reading/typing emails and IMs?

jazzyfox
Mar 24, 2001, 02:52 AM
Heh. You're only obsessive when you get a WinTV card so you can play dreamcast in a window, and not have to stretch the controller. And you'll give up the quality of a VGA box to do this.. ^.^

Oh yeah. And your vmu falls out when you're groping frantically for the Dr Pepper with one hand, so that you don't have to stop running around.

Or how about posting to the boards and playing at the same time? Mmm. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Spy
Mar 24, 2001, 06:11 AM
You aren't suicidal unless you shoot Falz when he's got your soul in his mouth, and you're laughing while you do it.

Cross
Mar 24, 2001, 07:22 AM
Well, I'm sure we've all taken a stab at that.

For whatever sick reason it's more satisfying to kill him if you're dying at the same time.

Oronis
Mar 24, 2001, 09:21 AM
Heh I always attack Dark Falz when he has my soul now.

I usually have scape dolls to spare, and don't want to be usaed as a HUmar shield!!

Fargo
Mar 24, 2001, 01:07 PM
my sig is a direct reference to those, erm, happy moments!

VULCAN
Mar 24, 2001, 01:14 PM
Im scared...

IceBlink
Mar 24, 2001, 02:38 PM
Suicidal tendencies... heh. ^_^

A lot of the time now, I always go on levels too hard for me. ^_^ When running away in circles, I try to cast shifta/deband, because I'm usually designated as the 'force', even though I'm a HUmar. ^_^;

But you can't beat my record of going against Dark Falz on hard mode when I was level 25! After 20+ times with three other team mates, we concluded that Dark Falz was right.

Dark Falz: "All your bases are belong to us."

Oh, shut up. ^_^;

Dark Falz: "What you say!"

>_<

SaitoH
Mar 25, 2001, 01:54 PM
I don't really have "Suicidal tendencies" but the game does have it in for my poor Aviendha.

If there are any mines in the ruins they instantly transform into Ice-mines, freezing me. Of course, there is also a huge pack of baddies handy to lay the smackdown on me. I REALLY hate the ice mines.

Anyone have a sacred guard or state maintence I can have?? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif