PDA

View Full Version : Pop Music at a Rock Concert...

Reenee
Aug 9, 2003, 01:06 AM
From the one time I actually cared about the crap under my username list in MSN Messenger (OMGJEBUS, yes, there's one for Macintosh):

At the recent [Rolling] Stones concert to revive tourism in Toronto after the SARS outbreak, the pop singer [Justin Timberlake] did not receive the warmest of welcomes from the crowd ['cause he sang Rock Your Body...]. In fact, he had to dodge both water bottles and insults that were being flung from the audience. While he tried to convince the rebellious rock fans it would all "be over before you know it," the angry villagers just booed and jeered him throughout his entire set.

Later he reappeared with back-up reinforcements (Mick Jagger and Keith Richards) who tried to guilt the audience into give him a chance. Richards even stared down the crowd and motioned to them to show some respect.

In other news, Britney Spears to put on daisy-dukes (or whatever you call it) in the remake of Dukes of Hazzard.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reenee on 2003-08-08 23:07 ]</font>

AUTO_
Aug 9, 2003, 01:53 AM
Timberlake does get a bad rap...

I'm going nowhere near saying his music is good--but people just pick on him cause he's an easy target.

Wait a minute...picking on easy targets is fun!!1

Nyaaah!

Kent
Aug 9, 2003, 09:00 AM
He only had to dodge water bottles and insults from the crowd? I guess the crowd was running low on resources...

BOC
Aug 9, 2003, 09:44 AM
serves the idiot right for been at the same concert with the stones.

he must have made a wrong turn on his way to another concert.

whats next? cannibal corpse supporting neil diamond?

PEACE!!!

Elvendar
Aug 9, 2003, 05:34 PM
Cannibal Corpse and Neil Diamond. I would laugh, because within the first hour Neil would be dead, and before the show ended he'd be eaten http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif