PDA

View Full Version : Windows NT question

apsmitty
Aug 9, 2003, 08:58 AM
I just got the BBA for my Gamecube. I have a computer that's running Window NT (It's my dads) and it has two Network cards in it.

Now We also have Cable internet access and it plugs into NIC1.

Now I've pluged my gamecube nic into the other open nic and here is where I'm having a problem...

I am trying to share the internet threw my computer so I can play PSO. My internet connection is always on and I've read the FAQ about connecting... Problem is it does not say anything about Windows NT...

Could someone talk me threw step by step on how to get my gamecube to see the Internet?

I've tryed to make another connection but I can't get the computer to see my gamecube...

If anyone can kindly spare the time to aid me?

Shadowfan7
Aug 9, 2003, 11:39 AM
Im not sure exactly, but you need a cross over cable. For example, the Xbox System Link is a cross over cable and it lets it share my connection with my xbox and pc.

Cryos
Aug 9, 2003, 01:24 PM
Not sure man,

I dont think you can network your gamecube with your pc to share an internet connection, other option to do is buy and adapter for the connection from the Cable Cable so you can split it into too lines...

The only solid networking ive ever seen between console and pc is with the xbox, game cube as far as i know cannot...

Cryos

_Sinue_
Aug 9, 2003, 01:27 PM
I don't think you can plug it directly into the computer and go.. I'm fairly sure you need a router to split up the connection. You may also want to look into software like WinRoute Pro. (Which I believe is Freeware) Basically, you're computer is recieving the information and requests from your NGC but it doesn't know what to do with the data or where to send the data it recieves. You'll need something that gives your NGC it's own IP on your network so the computer knows where the data is comming from, what data packets need to be sent to the NGC, and where the NGC is on your LAN.

At least, I think that's the problem. Give it a shot.

satoshi1
Aug 9, 2003, 02:14 PM
On 2003-08-09 11:24, Cryos wrote:
Not sure man,

I dont think you can network your gamecube with your pc to share an internet connection, other option to do is buy and adapter for the connection from the Cable Cable so you can split it into too lines...

The only solid networking ive ever seen between console and pc is with the xbox, game cube as far as i know cannot...

Cryos

It can, there are people that do it on this board even. There's nothing different between the cube and xbox as to the way it accesses the net. ICS will work with it, but you'd need a crossover cable, not a patch cable or whatever.

apsmitty
Aug 9, 2003, 04:17 PM
Thanks everyone... Looks like I need to find a cross over cable...

ashramrak
Aug 10, 2003, 01:01 PM
there is nothing suck as "ICS" under Windows NT4

instead; there is an option on the network settings that says "enable ip forwarding" or "enable ip routing"; something like that

by checking the box; nat will be enabled

then send me the result of a

"ipconfig /all"

and "route print"

typed on the command line; then I could help you further

apsmitty
Aug 10, 2003, 10:48 PM
well... my little brother broght home a switch.

and It accessed I accessed the Net play fine.

^_^ now to have some online fun.

ashramrak
Aug 11, 2003, 02:34 AM
here you go then; have fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif