PDA

View Full Version : Photon Launcher...

Aeryn
Aug 9, 2003, 03:38 PM
How is the photon launcher as a weapon. Right now I don't have any rangers that can use it and I was wondering it if worth it to train a character to use it? I found it as a suprise after beating Vol Opt for the first time in Hard.

Thanks in advance for you replies.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Aug 9, 2003, 03:44 PM
well, i have a guilty light... rotting in the bank. IMO they're much too slow for Ultimate, and who wants to waste time trying to line up the enemies when you could just use a Shot instead?

Logical2u
Aug 9, 2003, 03:49 PM
Its like a Powerful rifle that hits enemies like Barta, but is much slower. It is worthless on higher diffuculties because the enemies are faster. Good for a while but bad later.

Aeryn
Aug 9, 2003, 04:10 PM
If I can get the ranger to beable to use it at a low level will it be worth it to level faster in the begining of the game?

Obscenity
Aug 9, 2003, 04:13 PM
All of the launchers are decent low/mid level weapons, but once you get to VH or Ult, you'll want to ditch them.

Ketchup345
Aug 9, 2003, 04:22 PM
They are good in areas where you can line enemies up, but it doesn't always pierce through them properly, mine often go to one of the sides. If you find one with a % on A. Beast it is useful on De Rol Lie especially if you don't have Rafoie.

Obscenity
Aug 9, 2003, 04:23 PM
On 2003-08-09 14:22, Ketchup345 wrote:
They are good in areas where you can line enemies up, but it doesn't always pierce through them properly, mine often go to one of the sides. If you find one with a % on A. Beast it is useful on De Rol Lie especially if you don't have Rafoie.

Yeah, I agree. Until I got some better weapons, I always grabbed my Guilty Light for the Cave boss.