PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Notice This In PSO Today!!(Bad 4 Dupers)

RawRebel
Mar 23, 2001, 02:36 PM
Anyone notice a message in the corner of screen when someone enters a game with an item thats not legit.It says the name of the person plus it says they r carrying corrupted items.Everyone It happened 2 times today and everyone I was playing with seen it also.

VULCAN
Mar 23, 2001, 02:50 PM
Where you on JPN, or US servers?

RawRebel
Mar 23, 2001, 03:13 PM
It was in USA on oberon ship around 7:30 am eastern time this morning.

Gilder
Mar 23, 2001, 09:19 PM
If this is Sega's new form of anticheating software, more power to them. This makes it easy to identify if someone has a dupe or not.

Cheech
Mar 23, 2001, 10:39 PM
Hmmm, what exactly does it say? Does it say if you dupe or have duped items? I have some duped items, I never use them, just stored in the bank. I get them out every once and awhile just to show them off. Will it say something even if they're stored in the bank?

Ambel
Mar 24, 2001, 12:43 AM
lol, when I saw that screen. I go LMAO!

SaitoH
Mar 24, 2001, 10:59 AM
I saw the message when a person joined a game I was playing. It was because they had a hack mag. Pretty funny when the message pops up though.

Danger_Girl
Mar 24, 2001, 11:37 AM
Oh I LOVE this new little feature! It seems to work on every dupe too. I know the thing that would prevent you from joining didn't seem to work on all the dupes. But this does. I haven't seen a single uber item being used that didn't get flaged. Is it safe to trade again?!?!?!? Can I swap some goods without having to wory about carrying around some piece of duped garbage?!?!?! Ohhhh this makes me so happyhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif! WHOOOHOOOO!

Sciler
Mar 24, 2001, 11:04 PM
<font color=red>How can I tell if something is duped or not? I think I have a duped item or 2, but from trades,and im not sure how to tell what is and what isnt...can anyone help?<center>

Bishop
Mar 24, 2001, 11:22 PM
Sorry Danger Girl, but I think that it only spots altered items (hacks). Duped items can still exist. 999 mags and Egg Blasters +99 are detected and maybe a handful of others.

jsimon9633
Mar 24, 2001, 11:24 PM
Well sorry to be a party pooper but this new feature does not detect all duped items. my friend who dupes tried it just to see but it only picked up hacked items such as mags and overgrinded weapons. so sorry guys its still not safe to trade.

Level 73 Ranger. Vegeta.....1 of the 15 lol. peace

Danger_Girl
Mar 24, 2001, 11:37 PM
*sob* ya you guys are right. Now I feel like an idiot again. Oh well thats nothing newhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif. I guess I just got my hopes up. I got this game the day of the U-S release, and remember the days when double sabers were golden. *sigh* I used to love to trade. I just have to accept the fact that it will never be the way it was before the cheaters took over.

Folken
Mar 25, 2001, 02:57 AM
danger girl you are right. I got it too and I remember seeing my first double saber. It was the greatest thing ever. Hardly anyone had one. I remember finding my first delsaber arm and making into a buster and nobody had any clue as to what it was. Ha! But now, everyone cheats and I hate em all. Sheesh.

-ken
-folken humar
-kenshin ramar

zanza
Mar 25, 2001, 06:02 AM
I was ticked off when I saw the message when I tried to make a game!
How the hell was I supposed to know I was carrying duped items!?!
So...I did a cleansing...of my inventory.
It was really hard to do. My finger froze on the button before the final deletion..."sniff"
It was followed by a moment of silence.
But, in the end it turned out for the best!=)
I had a guilt free conscience and dupe free inventory! Now I can honestly say all my rares are legit 'cuzz I've found'em all!=)=)=)
(Umm...hehe..except my Lavis cannon.
That was the only thing I traded for. But it was from japan! And the guy I knew personally! 1000+hrs legit! So the Lavis has to be legit!)