PDA

View Full Version : Getting followed out of a room

Shir
Mar 23, 2001, 03:10 PM
Have you ever had a monster follow you? I've been chased by Sinow Beats a few times. They keep walking when they hit the 'invisible barrier' that separates rooms, if they do their 'hop slash' at you, they can make it through. But I wasn't able to hit him, like trying to hit someone from outside the room, so basically he was invincible. I ran back to another room and he dissapeared and went back to his original spot.
Chaos Bringers will chase you if you leave the room too... though I've never had one get through the 'invisible barrier' they can still slash at you.

Socrates
Mar 23, 2001, 03:18 PM
Yah... while some of the larger monsters can hit you while you're on the other side of the 'barrier', so far only Sinows can take unintentional advantage of the glitch and follow you out into the hallways... but darned scary when it leaps out at you for the first time! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

The_Saint
Mar 23, 2001, 08:03 PM
I have had 2 s-beats follow me through a door. (On separate occasions) Since they step forward when attacking, they inch through, somewhat like the backstep through locked door trick. Just stay far enough through the door that the s-beats wont attempt to attack you to prevent this from happening.

DarkWolf
Mar 23, 2001, 08:30 PM
I've had too many Sinows follow me out to count, but the scariest thing that happened was once a C. Bringer followed me out!!! You know how they do that stampede thing? Well, one of them pushed me out of the door... "<Sigh> Oh well, at least it's not a Sinow Beat" I thought... It raised up its arms, fired a shot at me through the door, and it hit.
Naturally I turned tail and run (now that I think about it, that blast by all rights shouldn't have hit). And it followed me out into the hall! Now I'm waiting to see if I can't get a Hildebear to follow me! LOL!

Gilder
Mar 23, 2001, 09:10 PM
I remember when a Sinow Beat chased me into a hallway, I ran away as fast as I could, almost through the whole level. It was almost like that time when I saw a deer in the forest...

Cheech
Mar 23, 2001, 10:57 PM
Just today, while playing the Letter from Lionel quest with my level 5 HUnewearl, a Hildabear followed me into a small room with treasure boxes (in forest two, ya know where the 3 Hildabears are?). I was so scared because I couldn't hit it, and they kill me in two shots. I opened up a pipe and went back down, it was still there, but I ran out, and it was having a hard time coming back through. I could it it with Zonde, but not actual attacks. It looked like it was trying to get through a locked door http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

pcmorris
Mar 23, 2001, 11:18 PM
So far, a Hildebear followed me into the small room where there are 3 doors close together (i ducked in when a hildebear jumped up to the door, he snuck in with me!). What I found comical was that I could shoot foies at him and he wouldn't react much to attacking me even though i was only a foot in front of him. (this was my FOnewm mind you).

A Sinow Beat tackled me on my RAmar into a hallway and killed him (ouch), and apparently the other person in the group didn't see that he came after me (just said "it shows you died in the hallway" and the Sinow Beat looked to be attacking him at the time, and doing 'phantom damage').

One of few things to ask: "Why me?"