PDA

View Full Version : DC: Can you get rares in quests?

Aqunem
Aug 9, 2003, 09:27 PM
I was wondering in the DC version if you can get rares in quests seeing as it has never happened to me or my friend, we have found many rare monsters but no rares from them. This is the dreamcast version so try to remember back... And also we are both in ultimate. Like my friend just finding his first mil lily and it not dropping anything. So this is what i think, but please prove me wrong.

Orange_Coconut
Aug 9, 2003, 09:31 PM
Quest or no quest the drop rate is the same for each enemy.

For example, playing through the forest to go further into the game. Let's say you found a Hildeblue and he drops some rare item (let's just say God/Power even if it's not a real one).

That means if you ever found a hildeblue (quest or no quesT) you could find a God/Power from it. Of course it won't drop all of the time, but it's really just chance once you defeat the enemy.

Now FINDING a rare enemy is different. Let's say you were piping in the Forest (no quest) which has about 2 Hildebears in one room. The chances of you finding a Hildeblue in that room is significantly less than if you were to pipe in Search for Lionel (4 Hildebears in one room).

I'll try to clarify if I was too jumbly in those paragraphs :/

Bit
Aug 9, 2003, 09:33 PM
Remember, this is back on DC.

I heard you couldn't get rares in Quests back on the DC versions of PSO as well, so it's quite possible you couldn't.

Orange_Coconut
Aug 9, 2003, 09:34 PM
Er... I should get some sleep or something, I thought it said GC :/

Sorry, you can ignore my post I made earlier :/

Bit
Aug 9, 2003, 09:37 PM
Yeah that happens to me alot, so don't worry about it, eh?

Especially when I first wake up. That's a tough time to post.

AxemPunanny
Aug 10, 2003, 03:46 AM
No you actually can't get rares in quests on DC. Unless, I've been unlucky over 100 times doing quests, then you can't get rares. The only time you can get rares on DC, quest-wise, is online doing the TTF quest. But you'd have to find the badges, that you convert to 1 of 3 of your choice.

You'd think the badges really aren't rare. Technically, they aren't, but if you were try to give a weapon badge to someone on v.1, it would be a Book of Katana (just like a Red Handgun on v.2 would be a Varista to a v.1 player, if you tried to give it to them). I believe it turns into a Varista or some other handgun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2003-08-10 01:49 ]</font>

ShaolinSteez
Aug 10, 2003, 07:55 AM
If I remember correctly, you can't find rares in quests on the DC versions of PSO. Also, if you were to give a Ver.2 weapon to a Ver.1 player, it'll end up as the base weapon for that particular item. An example being a RED HANDGUN will just be a Handgun. That's if my memory serves me correctly...

Kojiro_
Aug 10, 2003, 01:59 PM
Yep. You're right. It'd revert to the lowest tier of that weapon. Like if you gave someone an Ancient Saber, it'd just be a regular saber to a v.1 player.

Heero_Yuy0w0
Aug 10, 2003, 02:47 PM
I believe there's a downloadable quest(if u can find them)where u can get the chainsawd. I think, I dont really remember.