PDA

View Full Version : For all of those who use Windows 98 Compaq computer....

unknown2226
Aug 9, 2003, 11:34 PM
This is not my account this is my friends he just lets me use it to post any questions that I have and since he is away for like 2 weeks I have no one else to ask........

I am in a couple of weeks going to finally go online and play PSO (I just got PSO a month ago)....

So I was getting everything in my computer set....

I went to Start, Settings, Add/Remove Programs, Windows Setup, Double-clicked on Internet Tools, and enabled the Internet Connection Sharing box and then put K, then click K again and it tells me to put in the "Windows 98 Second Edition CD-ROM".....and I can't seem to find it

So my question is that CD DOES come with the Windows 98 Compaq computer right????
Or do I have to buy that at a store???

Sorry if this is a stupid question but oh well....

kat
Aug 10, 2003, 11:40 AM
I"m assuming what it wants is basically your 'boot disk' for recovery error stuff... like if you reformat your hard drive, you'll have to re-install everything, and you use that cd that came with your computer to do it for the operating system... that sort of thing should come with a computer, but if you can't find it, you could try compaq tech support. they could either send you a new disk or point you to a download or something....

unknown2226
Aug 10, 2003, 12:06 PM
oh I have my recovery disk but the message says insert a disk labeled "Windows 98 Second Edition CD-ROM"

So I don't know if that is the recovery disk or not.....

BTW I have 2 Recovery disks

unknown2226
Aug 10, 2003, 12:10 PM
well my parents are still not home (since they are the ones who bought the PC) I have to wait for them before doing anything all I can do is keep searching for it.....