PDA

View Full Version : Error 102

Cannibal-Snowman
Aug 10, 2003, 09:09 AM
Can anybody tell me how to fix this problem? A friend of mine keep getting this when he tries to connect. He says that the lobby loads up, but then he gets this error.

kat
Aug 10, 2003, 11:48 AM
I don't know what an error 102 is.... does the message give any other details on it? When does it happen to him - what is he doing at the time?

Over
Aug 10, 2003, 03:38 PM
On 2003-08-10 09:48, kat wrote:
I don't know what an error 102 is.... does the message give any other details on it? When does it happen to him - what is he doing at the time?

error 102 is 'could not connect to PSO servers, check Provider Options'
And what happens is that it gets past the loading screens and shows a picture of the lobby... but i cant connect actually to the lobby!

kat
Aug 10, 2003, 03:44 PM
alright then... I don't know the magic solution, but let's pool assets:

Gamesystem, connection type, ISP name, router, no router, etc....?

Over
Aug 10, 2003, 03:48 PM
On 2003-08-10 13:44, kat wrote:
alright then... I don't know the magic solution, but let's pool assets:

Gamesystem, connection type, ISP name, router, no router, etc....?

I use a GC i have Broadband and use a RJ45 Crossover Cable, I use NTL but am not sure of thier ISP and i dont use a ROuter

kat
Aug 11, 2003, 11:45 AM
this is from an interesting guide being compiled about working providers for phantasy star:

1) Gamecube (UK)
2) Broadband (cable)
3) Microsoft (No, I mean NTL, but they may as well be Microsoft seeing as when I rang asking advice, they recommended that I buy an X box, seeing as MS had paid them to test and plug X box live. I couldn't get them to tell me how to get the Gamecube to work, and in fact after ringing three times and saying "Gamecube" three seperate people put the phone down on me. Thanks Microsoft, uh NTL.)
4. I simply have to reset the modem to reset the MAC number. That was after NTL told me countless times that they refused to register the GC MAC number, and if I had an X box they could do it. Then somebody else at NTL told me it would be ?10 for registering a new MAC number for GC, but X box was free. After an internet search I found out that I only need unplug the modem, plug the ethernet into the GC and switch the modem back on.

Except I don't do any of that now, I use a router. NTL also conveniently 'forgot' to mention that a router would also work. I hate them. They are evil paid whores for Bill Gates.

- Shimarisu

the base of the guide is this post here http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=61570&forum=1

Anyway, I was wondering if perhaps Shimarisu had the same problem related to the NTL as you are. Perhaps a quick private message to said person might help, or you could try this.