PDA

View Full Version : How many runs of Soul Blade do you think until a Sinow Blue

Reece
Aug 10, 2003, 04:16 PM
I was just wondering because I have done ALOT of Mines runs and no Magic Rock "Moola". Yesterday was my first time doing Soul Blade and I was amazed at how many Sinows there were. How many runs do you think it will take for the Sinow to drop me my Rock?

Reece
Aug 10, 2003, 04:34 PM
Uh anyone gonna help me out?

Soukosa
Aug 10, 2003, 04:40 PM
Probably a few runs or so. It's drop rate is along the lines of a 10 star weapon.

Reece
Aug 10, 2003, 04:43 PM
ok thanks

Blue-Hawk
Aug 11, 2003, 12:42 AM
I take it your purplenum. If that the case, I got 3 of them from sinow blues in non-quest mines runs. Never did get the baranz parts. And i know I never will.

klepto
Aug 11, 2003, 12:46 AM
The actual percentage drop of the rock is 0.3173828125%. The same also applies to baranz parts, although there are fewer baranz in the quest.

Soukosa
Aug 11, 2003, 01:01 AM
On 2003-08-10 22:46, klepto wrote:
The actual percentage drop of the rock is 0.3173828125%. The same also applies to baranz parts, although there are fewer baranz in the quest.

Those percents have already been shown to be inaccurate.

klepto
Aug 11, 2003, 09:54 AM
They are inaccurate!?. I thought I had a gold mine of information...

rena-ko
Aug 11, 2003, 10:02 AM
where are they shown to be inaccurate?

klepto
Aug 11, 2003, 12:02 PM
I asked the same thing. Kalonera said that they were inaccurate because they did not take into account the rate that anything drops from the mosnter. Theres two possiblities. One, that the percent is the likelyhood of the rare droppping, assuming that the monster gives u a drop at all. Second is thats your chance of having the rare drop every time you see an enemy. The site where I get these from can be found here. http://members.tripod.co.jp/sakaki2k4/ult.html

Soukosa
Aug 11, 2003, 12:09 PM
The game doesn't store the chances of the rare dropping as percents so they shouldn't be looked at that way, since there could be factors that would cause the actual percent chance of the rare dropping to change.

Reece
Aug 11, 2003, 07:23 PM
Yea I don't think those are accurate. Thats bs. I could make a good chart to like that. Sure they may be rare but you could end out finding 1 every 3 runs

rena-ko
Aug 12, 2003, 07:22 AM
the percentages - especially the ridiculously long ones (that dont make sense actually and could have been shortened) just indicate there is a preset drop chance in the form of 1/456000 (for example).
this actually takes in anything else to drop, even the times that said critter doesnt drop anything.
i dont really see your point here, kalonera, please fill me in (pm or answer here).

as i remember right, it was also like this in the dreamcast days. there was a site (forgot the link) with drop charts.

if you calculate them back (i'd have to look up how, havent had this kind of math for ages ^-^;) you'll get the 1/something rates.

i for myself think they're pretty much correct.

about finding one every 3 runs, or dont finding something for around 30 runs (like i do with my quest for a dragons claw... 30+ killed sil dragons so far), its of course just luck. but even though, you cant say that these charts are false, just because you had good luck or bad luck with a particular item.

thats the law of chance. you can find a ridiculously hard to get item from the first monster that would drop it, or you kill thousands of other monsters to get one actually easy to obtain box... this however doesnt prove these charts right or wrong. they're no law, they're help.

good luck hunting > everyone

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-08-12 05:30 ]</font>

jspacemunkey
Aug 12, 2003, 10:26 AM
just as an example of what rena-ko said about chance...i found my magic rock on my first time in ult. mines with my purplenum character. i was surprised to find a few nine star rares (i usually see no rares whatsoever) and then upon killing a sinow blue a lovely red box appeared. i had killed no more than three sinow blues before the magic rock dropped.

jc

ShaolinSteez
Aug 12, 2003, 10:42 AM
Those charts could very well be correct. Who really knows? No matter what, it's based on chance and the luck of the draw. I found my AGITO off of the 1st PAL RAPPY with my Pinkal, whereas some have killed 20+ without it ever dropping anything worth while. Luck of the draw...

Reece
Aug 12, 2003, 02:47 PM
Thats what i am saying. There is NO drop % it's just all luck...

MitsukiRara
Aug 12, 2003, 08:04 PM
I found that rock in Caves Vhard but I 4got what person I got it off of. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Reece
Aug 12, 2003, 08:14 PM
Redria Nar Lilly. I would odf gotten one but my friend made me talk to him about my ATP. Then the duper that was playing with us got a Magic Rock. They duped it. Dam they don't need it those damn noobs!!! GRRR!