PDA

View Full Version : What the hell did I do to my controller/gamecube?

AUTO_
Aug 10, 2003, 08:35 PM
Earlier today I decided to clean my controllers and my GC vents.

About an hour after the controllers/GC vents dried I went and played PSO.

Nothing was wrong--I was in a ruins game with a fellow player.

It just happened.

I can't turn left. My character won't turn left. He stands perfectly still when I have the joystick fully to the left.

I cleaned the controllers with a damp toothbrush, and I cleaned the vents with a dry Q-tip.

But...

There was some dust in the controller ports, so I took a damp Q-tip stem and cleaned the port-insides.

Is it possible the port inside was still wet when I played and maybe fried? I'm really worried the problem is with my controller (it's not loose though) and not the GC inside-because that would just plain suck.

Any tips to correct this problem?

Sakura-kun
Aug 10, 2003, 09:02 PM
Yeah im pretty sure you have to get a new controler, mine does something like that, everytime i transport or reload somehow to a diff area, my charactor starts running in a circle, and i have to unplug it and replug it. unless you can find someone who can look at it first hand i think you'll just have to buy another 1

AUTO_
Aug 10, 2003, 09:40 PM
I should have mentioned that my character went in circles too...

Sakura-kun
Aug 10, 2003, 09:49 PM
then try to just unplug and replug it when it does that, its annoying evry time to do but it works for me....and when you play with a friend mysteriously switch the controlers.. >_>

eXo
Aug 11, 2003, 01:59 AM
On 2003-08-10 19:49, Sakura-kun wrote:
then try to just unplug and replug it when it does that, its annoying evry time to do but it works for me....and when you play with a friend mysteriously switch the controlers.. >_>

oh you are a sick and evil person,switching controls with a friend if they are like me they,scratched there name in the back http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

colicab
Aug 11, 2003, 08:43 AM
yeah i got this for a while, then i realised the cat had chewed the controller wires, whats worse is the bug in the controller that can cause your gc to go into sleep mode where the fan spins and a signal is given but no game signal or power light http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif , i had to re-wire one of my controllers, but all it does is cause the sleep mode prob when you plug it in now.

my other controller.. well sometimes it makes the menus spin thru as tho im holding up, but it dont affect my game, as in character movemnet.

In short Pso and Gamecube controllers = very sensitive