PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Fo's

Neo159753123
Aug 11, 2003, 12:49 PM
How many FO's out there hate when your playing online with hunters or rangers and they just bug the crap out of you if you don't cast shifta and deband the second you join, even though they are already killing everything in one hit.

OniTatsujin
Aug 11, 2003, 12:50 PM
where is "Flick them off and tell them to shove it!"?

kat
Aug 11, 2003, 12:54 PM
I don't tend to have that problem.. yet.

I tend to play support FO anyway, so I run about with the s/d and the j/z, and the resta and the fireballs to hit stuff occasionally after all that is done.... and I've never had meanness come about the moment i'm known to be a FO... sadly enough, there are Hunewearls with higher S/d than my fo sometimes and they have to do the s/d cast because mine's too weak...

Neo159753123
Aug 11, 2003, 12:54 PM
sorry, didn't think about that.

Neverwinter
Aug 11, 2003, 01:58 PM
I HATE IT! Why do ppl EXPECT you do do these things..cant they take care of themselves! I mean, forces NEED EXP TOO! I understand helping other ppl out when i can but i dont wanna sit back, casting S/D/J/Z on ppl and let them get EXP!

OniTatsujin
Aug 11, 2003, 02:01 PM
when you cast Jellen and Zalure, your getting exp. i dont know about shifta, it should be that way, but that would be cheap, forces getting exp. from every monster others touch..wait..THATS AWSOME!

Neo159753123
Aug 11, 2003, 02:35 PM
yeah that might save a heck of a lot of tp, but what fun is that. Think about it. No Grants, no megrid, no fire balls of death.

OniTatsujin
Aug 11, 2003, 02:42 PM
no..no..no..megid? THAT SENTENCE CANT BE USED!!!!!!!!!!!! MEGID IS THE TOP PRIORITY!
MEEEEEEGGGGGIIIIIDDDD!!!!!!
XD

Neo159753123
Aug 11, 2003, 02:44 PM
then what is your opnion now?

shifter
Aug 11, 2003, 03:03 PM
big damn babies, hows aforce supposed to get exp. anyway. just because a force has support tech., doesnt mean that they have to sit on the sidelines and watch others rack up the exp., if that were the case, forces would have no offensive attacks at all. if someone keeps pestering you to cast shifta/depand repeatedly, just ignore them, if there stupid enough to depend on a force to heal/boost/revive them every time they need it, they shouldnt be playing this game.

kat
Aug 11, 2003, 03:50 PM
true, but not everyone can cast S/d. Humars can't and droids can't even resta themselves. For them S/d is but a fond memory of times of humanity....

And asking for it nicely is one thing, pestering is a totally different thing.

When I play droid, I'll ask for S/D and resta if I need it... but I also carry my mates so that I'm not dependant. S/D can make a big difference, and if I could cast it, I would.

clance
Aug 11, 2003, 03:56 PM
If they go somthing like..."ut humm" or "..." ill just tell them to fuck off and without there S/D they arn't as strong, somthing like "Please can you S/D me dude" in a shortcut or somthing, or with commen sense when its run out you cast it...

Artemidorus
Aug 11, 2003, 04:01 PM
I'm not online yet, but I was wondering...is it really that hard to hit the enemies once? All you have to do is use RAfoie once and there ya go! you've got exp. Then feel free to help the others out. From my experiences, I doubt there is ever a room that you must continually use S/D/J/Z. Even still, Jellen and Zalure count as a 'hit' and will also give you exp.

I understand that HUs and RAs are annoying with nagging, but I think its your own lack of common sense not to gain exp.

But again, I'm not online and I only play with 2 friends, so it may be totally different.

Murky_Death
Aug 11, 2003, 04:08 PM
dude all fos have to do is rafoie one time and they hit everyone. what you you ppl complaining about? whiners dang.

TangledWeb3917
Aug 11, 2003, 04:14 PM
i always play the support charactor when i play online ... constintly casting s/d, j/z and resta and anti ... i gladly help out ... but it really bugs the hell out of me when someone starts to yell at me the moment thier s and d run out ... im not thier bitch! Ill cast s and d when im good and ready too!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TangledWeb3917 on 2003-08-11 14:52 ]</font>

OniTatsujin
Aug 11, 2003, 04:16 PM
so you cast shifta twice? or did you mean resta?

Kadou
Aug 11, 2003, 04:19 PM
The game is fairly pointless if your not having any fun playing it, and it's really not very fun to just walk into a room, cast rafoie, cast S/D/J/Z, and go stand in corner so you're not in the way. That, is why we're complaining. It's a waste of money to pay for a HL when you can't enjoy it.

TangledWeb3917
Aug 11, 2003, 04:21 PM
I doubt there is ever a room that you must continually use S/D/J/Z im a lvl 129 FOnewearl ... casting j and z not only increase my chances of surviving (seeing how i have shitty hp) it also gives me alot of exp and helps out the people i play with ... seeing how you havent played online yet i guess you cant really see how usefull it really is ...

kat
Aug 11, 2003, 04:24 PM
On 2003-08-11 14:19, Kadou wrote:
The game is fairly pointless if your not having any fun playing it, and it's really not very fun to just walk into a room, cast rafoie, cast S/D/J/Z, and go stand in corner so you're not in the way. That, is why we're complaining. It's a waste of money to pay for a HL when you can't enjoy it.

so don't. Don't just stand there in the corner. After you cast your stuff...whatever you want to support the team (and that includes you) get out the gifoie and the mechs and hit things your way. whoever said support = wallflower?

Reece
Aug 11, 2003, 04:35 PM
Well we hate it when FOs come in and Rafoie everything with a Hacked 200 MST Sato

TangledWeb3917
Aug 11, 2003, 04:48 PM
i always cast s/d/j/z ... and after i do i dont just stand in a corner thats pointless and retarded ... im in there with everone else hitting them with everything i got ... trying to freeze the harder monsters and taking out the weaker ones

Neo159753123
Aug 11, 2003, 05:32 PM
well i hate in when lv.28 hunters come in with hacked rati's,kick ass weapons, and kill every damn monster in one hit.

Reece
Aug 11, 2003, 05:37 PM
Play with Legits like me.

TangledWeb3917
Aug 11, 2003, 06:32 PM
well i hate in when lv.28 hunters come in with hacked rati's,kick ass weapons, and kill every damn monster in one hit. god damn all rappies http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Da_Wrecka
Aug 11, 2003, 06:33 PM
This poll is definitely missing a "flip them off and tell them where to shove it" option. Far as I'm concerned, if someone whinges to S/D them as soon as it runs out, then they waive their S/D rights in that I won't try to get them within cast range. (If they're within cast range when my other teammates are, I won't cry, but if they're not they can stick it where the sun don't shine)

Of course most of the time I play with friends who don't bitch at me. And often I do tend to forget so a little prodding doesn't hurt. ^_^

Murky_Death
Aug 11, 2003, 08:16 PM

ummm i'm not saying you have to cast rafoie and go stand in a corner. i was saying that all you have to do is rafoie and get exp for everyone but the other ppl were whining about not getting exp when all you have to do is that.

LordDez
Aug 11, 2003, 08:25 PM
On 2003-08-11 18:16, Murky_Death wrote:

ummm i'm not saying you have to cast rafoie and go stand in a corner. i was saying that all you have to do is rafoie and get exp for everyone but the other ppl were whining about not getting exp when all you have to do is that.

The only reason most forces (Including myself) cast Rafoie right away is because with all the Hunters and Rangers with their (usually) duped J-Swords and Guld Millas... You kill EVERYTHING too fast... We'd like some EXP. now and then.

Nei3rd
Aug 11, 2003, 08:58 PM
Run Tel Dat. The only widespread weapons we can use are those slicers. You rangers and HUmars got that stuff...you know..the big guns and swords. My character ed looks like a tart with this cadeacus or however you spell it. Anyways if someone asks, sure I'll give it to em, but if they're all like "Force! Cast SHIFTA and DEBAND!","Force! Heal me!", "Force! Revive me!", and "Force! Get me a beer!". Well I'm not so sure about the last one but as you can see I wished for a "Kick to face" button. Unfortunately, there is no such thing. So I pull up the menu and cast a level 30 "Ra-STFU". N00b. I'm not a supportive force. I am an offense force. Jack-hole.

Asuka_chan
Aug 11, 2003, 10:56 PM
Well, if those Hunters and Rangers aren't strong enough to manage without S/D/J/Z, then that should tell you something. ^^ Go Forces! ^^ I mean, Hunters and Rangers ARE supposed to be physically stronger than Forces.

TN_Exodus
Aug 11, 2003, 11:29 PM
well, i am lucky because my RAmar can cast S/D by itself, i dont have to depend on forces...

_Sinue_
Aug 12, 2003, 12:20 AM
I'm always on it with S/D, J/Z, and Resta. Then again.. I'm a Melee FOnewearl so I'm kinda dependant on those spells for my survival. I'm not just casting them to be nice. They allow me to fight along side the HU's and also tag everything in the room for extra EXP. I'll cast shifta, and usually make S/D a top priority of the team - but, I do find it annoying that people won't stop running towards the next room after casting Deban on them.. and then demand Shifta later when they realize I didn't chase them down and cast it.

Screw em. If their in such a big hurry to kill.. that means I have to start meleeing just to get some fun in.. and I don't have time to Shifta/Deban them. Maybe if they're lucky they can boost a PB combo later.

Decie
Aug 12, 2003, 03:12 AM
I dont have a problem casting resta/jellen/zalure/shifta/deband. I enjoy playing support characters and I try my best to keep my team up with support techs. But what I do have a problem with are people who are rude to me when they demand me to use support techs on them and then kill everything before i even have a chance to zalure or jellen. I remember this one time I just entered a game with two hu and a Racast. Upon entering the room I notice they all have Uber strong weapons equip on because they were killing everything very quickly. But I shrugged it off thinking eh its okay as long as I cast zalure and get my share of exp, and its not like its uncommon to see people using uberstrong weapons. I also thought since theyre already strong enough to kill all the enemies with out getting hurt its okay for me to not cast shifta on them. So i preceeded to cast zalure on the enemies for that room. Then after all the enemies have been killed one of the hu typed in large caps. "Where the hell is my shifta fo!" To say the least I was a little taken back and pissed but I bit my tongue and gave him his shifta. His friend the other hu thought it would be funny and smart to crack a mean remark at me and said..."Yea FO do your job right." At that point I left the game and went else where to play. I dont particularly like it when people complain about not getting shifta and deband and even worst not getting it soon enough. Its not that easy for a low lvl force to weave through hordes of enemies just to cast support techs on you...and on top of that sometimes before they even get a chance to zalure or jellen the enemies most of them are already dead. I'm a generous and minding player...I do my best to support my team when necessary...but I don't particularly like it when people are rude to me.

kat
Aug 12, 2003, 12:20 PM
The problem with J/Z casting is that it's not as 'flashy' and noticible as casting S/D on the team. YOu get the icon next to your name, your character pulses in blue and red... it's in your face obvious.

What people don't realize is the J/Z casting is like a reverse of S/D for the opposition, and thus is just as useful as S/D for them... even if they don't have S/D yet on. It's a more subtle tech in comparison, and a lot of people don't seem to notice if you're casting it like they do with S/D.

And I agree that you _should_ as the highlest level holder of S/D in the room be casting it (and if the highest holder happens to be a hunter or a ranger, so be it) and that if you're casting J/Z i makes it easier for the whole team, including forces that want to have a few kills of their own for the full exp.

However, if those that want S/D all the time don't help and give a resta when needed, or cast some S/D of their own (if they can) when they see the force is being occupied by a pack of delsabers.... then those are the people that are cranky big headed mousies. Helping the FO out is a nice thing to do too.

I've had forces get mad at me for casting S/D... cause mine was lower. My response... "It'll save you some TP for a bit"

_Sinue_
Aug 12, 2003, 01:26 PM
I'm a control freak when it comes to S/D, J/Z. First off, that's my area of expertice and adds to my value on the team. I'm not a very big Tech caster with my FO.. which bring me to my second reason. Being a FOnewear, I need to have the highest S/D & J/Z possible in order to be effective. Whereas most FO's sit back and cast out of harms way.. I like getting into the thick of battle and being right up there shoulder to shoulder with the HUs. That's how I designed her to be played. If I let someone else control the J/Z for a little while - even another FO - that means I'm basically putting my FOnewearls life in their hands as she can be dropped pretty easily when unprotected. Also, until Zelure is cast in addition to having a high level Shifta, my attacks are pretty much futile.. which destorys any reason for me to be in the thick of combat in the first place.

I insist on casting S/D & J/Z so that I can be 100%assured that the job gets done and done right. When playing a FOnewearl like I do, there is desperately little margin for error. If you'd like to cast techs to help me conserve on TP - I suggest RAbarta.

Obscenity
Aug 12, 2003, 01:41 PM
I have a FOmar which I don't use very often, but other than him, all my characters are androids. I can honestly say I don't give a crap whether a Force casts S/D/J/Z or not. I learned how to do without them the hard way, by playing v1 entirely offline with nothing but androids. To the people who whine at Forces for support, all I have to say is "Stop being a bitch and learn how to play the game".

ChokingVictim
Aug 12, 2003, 05:18 PM
i usually do keep up constant s/d/j/z, so when someone asks for shifta, i usually thank them for the heads up because i was probably too busy with other demands of the game. it's the a-holes who spam shifta deband symbols and pricks who demand it.. i speak from xbox here, so it's not that hard to say a word like "thanks".. i don't expect a 'please' but there's a big diff between asking respectfully and expecting....

FinalHell
Aug 12, 2003, 05:24 PM
It gets anoying. Like they are telling me wat to do. I wish u can J/Z players that are not in Battle mode. That would be fun! When Some1 ask for shitfta Give em Jellen. When some1 ask for Deband, give em Zalure. Suffer u Anoying Hunters!!!

Dont get all pissy u Hunter-users cause u know its true.

MitsukiRara
Aug 12, 2003, 06:55 PM
The people I play with never ask for it so I dont do unless I need it or feel like it. But now that doesnt matter cuz my stupid xbox wont connect so I dont have any problems. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Storme
Aug 12, 2003, 07:03 PM
Now that multi-quip is out my FO is getting more and more under used.
This is the situation
Enter a game.
Me: "Where are you?"
Them: "YELOW!!"
Me: "Ok, on my way."
Enter Forest 2.
Them: "S/D please"
Me: "Do y'all use multi-equip?"
Them: "S/D please"
Me: "Inc."
I cast S/D.
They procede to run up and do 3400 damage to a Hildebear with a T-J Sword, and I don't make a move.
I exit game.

DualHydra
Aug 12, 2003, 07:10 PM
i just made a HUmar. hes lv10...even tho i hate HUmars RAmars and HUcasts...i made this humar for c-mode,battle,and finding legit rares. i also made him to piss forces off. my F1 and F2 shortcuts are.

F1 STUPID FORCE SHIFTA AND DEBAND ME
F2 THANKS B**** (not sure if i can say it)

i guess im one of those ppl that you hate. even tho my real character is a HUnewearl. anyway this is what i do when im a force. FORGET EVERYONE. only s/d/j/z when they really need it. also if you dont wanna support them do what i do. run out the room and s/d yourself. hehe i do this all the time even with my HUnewearl.

MitsukiRara
Aug 12, 2003, 07:51 PM
The people I play with never ask for it so I dont do unless I need it or feel like it. But now that doesnt matter cuz my stupid xbox wont connect so I dont have any problems. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

no1
Aug 13, 2003, 03:38 AM
The people I hate are the ones who shortcut it. As soon as it goes they press the key. If you need S&D then you can't play the game properly. When I'm with my HUmar, I find Jellen and Zalure better than S&D. My Diwari mag always give me S&D and it has Mylla and Young. I hardly ever use My&Yo because J&Z are better.

Hyruler
Aug 13, 2003, 01:06 PM
I say screw them. Let them find thier own s/d spells if they want it so bad and cast it on themselves when it runs out. If ur an android, tough luck. I'll just use resta and anti sometimes but thats it. for those of u who want to be thier bitches, do a move with wide range hits so when they kill them, u get exp too.

Ryo_Hayasa
Aug 13, 2003, 09:04 PM
to put it simple, i maybe speaking for a good deal of forces on this one, this is my qoute.

"Beg me for support, you get nothing, treat me like a tool used to power up your meek characters, you get nothing. tell me how to "play as a character" or "how to do my job" you get hell. i don't have to do anything for you or anyone, i choose to. if your nice i'll have you powered up all the time. if you truely want a constant supply of Tech power, Be a FO or Newmen, etc etc"

case closed.

Synch
Aug 19, 2003, 07:44 AM
I don't know what all the fuss is about, it's up to you whether you want to cast it or not in the first place. I like to cast it when I join in anyway (in fact most players I know will cast it willingly) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif , but I really can't be bothered with Jellen or Zalure as it often seems like more of a tp waster when their is a full team.

K9999
Aug 19, 2003, 09:14 AM
I only cast S/D J/Z and raise mags while playing my FOnewearl cause FOs do shitty damage http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif