PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Cloth vs. Red Handgun

Monomate
Aug 11, 2003, 02:00 PM
ummm...in my opinion the sacred cloth is a better find than the red handgun, yet i get a Sacred Cloth from a common El Rappy, and the Red Handgun from the rare Pal Rappy...why is that?

Fanatic
Aug 11, 2003, 02:05 PM
It's not the only instance in which the common enemy gives a 'better' item ('better' being subjective opinion).

The ironic part is perhaps that the item off the common enemy can often be harder to come by. The rare enemy can be piped, and have better chances to do a rare drop by a huge margin.

In fact, I got the red handgun on Fake In Yellow runs with no piping, but I still haven't managed to find the cloth...

Octavian
Aug 11, 2003, 02:22 PM
If you have a problem with it, raise a purplenum to ult. They get the sacred cloth from pal rappies, and red handgun from el rappies. I, for one, don't find the sacred cloth to be better then the red handgun. The star rating isnt the best way to determine usefulness of items.

Monomate
Aug 11, 2003, 02:41 PM
On 2003-08-11 12:22, Octavian wrote:
If you have a problem with it, raise a purplenum to ult. They get the sacred cloth from pal rappies, and red handgun from el rappies. I, for one, don't find the sacred cloth to be better then the red handgun. The star rating isnt the best way to determine usefulness of items.

ah...i wasn't going on the stars alone. i'm a FOnewearl, and have no real purpose for handguns. Frames and such, however, are quite useful to me. I just find it odd that an enemy that appears so much more commonly drops a better rare...i found the sacred cloth yesterday when i got tired of piping for a Pal Rappy

Nani-chan
Aug 11, 2003, 04:16 PM
It's all objective. I think Red handgun is really good. I think after max grind it's the best handgun for hunters (400 atp) and it's a 10 star so if you see a pal rappy you should get it I bet. Much better chance then tollaws or El rappies or ob lillies who also drop it for other section IDs.

excecutor
Aug 11, 2003, 04:29 PM
really? i would say el rappys drop it easier, ive scored about 8 with my pruplenum in a short amount of time http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Soukosa
Aug 11, 2003, 04:50 PM
A Purplenum El Rappy has a slightly better chance of dropping a Red Handgun than a Redria El Rappy does with dropping a Sacred Cloth (no, I'm not going by that one site). So, personally, I'd rather have an El Rappy drop the gun and a Pal Rappy drop the cloth. And, excecutor, you're lucky, I've only found 1 Red Handgun with my Purplenum and it had no percents (the game seems to hate my Purplenum).

Jeraldo
Aug 11, 2003, 05:12 PM
i think it all depends on your charactor. but personally i like the red handgun seeing that it is the strongest handgun that a hunter can use. but like redria finds g/battle from hidelts and from hildetors a magic stone irista. i know people that have taken longer to find the rare from the non rare monster than the rare one so there are reasons that the non rare monster should/could drop a better rare