PDA

View Full Version : Do people ONLY care about looks anymore? :o

Uncle_bob
Aug 11, 2003, 03:45 PM
Recently, I've noticed that MSN/hotmail has been spamming itself with banners on each side of the screen with pictures of women and hotmail is like "OMG WOOD U GO OUT WIT HER?!11!!!1".

(In other words, the banners are asking if you would only want to go out with "OMGHOTCHIK69" just because she looks pretty, and the banners really don't give a damn if she's a megabitch or a nice person.)

Heh, it brings up the question if people even care about a person's qualities anymore or do they just want to get into a relationship because he/she is physically attractive.

I have pie.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2003-08-11 13:47 ]</font>

Ness
Aug 11, 2003, 03:47 PM
People post those to get attention. Advertyisers think that all it takes to get a person's attention is to post a good-looking member of the opposite sex.

Personally, I think that there are more to people than looks.

Uncle_bob
Aug 11, 2003, 03:47 PM
ugh wtf... the message boards are being mean today...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2003-08-11 13:48 ]</font>

Uncle_bob
Aug 11, 2003, 03:48 PM
Meh, screwed up and sorta double posted... nevermind.

ABDUR101
Aug 11, 2003, 04:55 PM
I notice just alot of faces, most of which are girls.

..appearently the vast majority of internet users are male, or males are the only ones stupid enough to click the pretty faces. =X

OmegaLoser
Aug 11, 2003, 05:07 PM
i do NOT think good looks are EVERYTHING, but they sure do help a lot. My 2 ex-girlfriends = not hot. but they had great personalities. But, if a good looking female walks by, i will most likely look.

Kent
Aug 11, 2003, 06:12 PM
They put pretty faces and women in bikinis in their ads in order to attract the simple-minded people, which they know are the only ones that will even think about buying their products or using their services.

Thus, modern marketing techniques.

Kizaragu
Aug 11, 2003, 06:22 PM
On 2003-08-11 15:07, OmegaLoser wrote:
i do NOT think good looks are EVERYTHING, but they sure do help a lot. My 2 ex-girlfriends = not hot. but they had great personalities. But, if a good looking female walks by, i will most likely look.

I agree with every word you said. Looks arent everything but they do help.
Everyone must admit there has been times when you've just met an oppisite member of sex and your not really interested at first, But once you've sat down and talked to them it can be a different story.

Goods looks arent the be all and end all but If you meet a girl with both looks and the Personality, you my friend are a lucky Bar Steward.

OmegaLoser
Aug 11, 2003, 06:26 PM
oh yeah, someone agrees with me. Lucky for me, i have a friend with looks AND the great personality. now i just need to get the balls to ask her out. ha ha ha. it will never happen

Artemidorus
Aug 11, 2003, 08:19 PM
SEX SELLS.

Period. End of story. Thats what the advertisement is about and for-you to dream of bein in her panties (or something of the sort) and think that you have a chance by clicking and visiting the site.

Looks totally help, but personality plays in big. Some people deserve the "body figures" they have. Others totally don't.

As for moi, I have to be physically attracted at least a little, but personality is what totally counts. If you just wanna see a hottie, then look at pictures. If you wanna good person thats cool to talk to and makes you feel good, then find someone! ya know?

AUTO_
Aug 11, 2003, 08:45 PM
Then again, you're (not YOU) just generalizing that all the "hawt" women advertised are brain-dead...isn't always the case.

xHIGHONLIFEx
Aug 11, 2003, 10:27 PM
Personality of beauty for me... but if you get both, its always a plus...

pixelate
Aug 11, 2003, 10:33 PM
Too hard for advertisers to bring out personality in a photo, so they go for quick reactions. People don't read ads. Advertisers have 2-3 seconds to make an impact, and I don't think a few paragraphs of how charming a girl is will make much of an impact.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pixelate on 2003-08-11 20:35 ]</font>

Captain_Dude
Aug 11, 2003, 10:45 PM
Advertisers just try to appeal to basic human instinct. Which is of course, bag the healthies female you can, knock her up, and move on to another.
Since the best way for a man to tell if a woman was healthy back in the days of the cavemen and cavewomen was for her to be what we call today, "sexy". Which was how man evolved a sexual attraction to women who have big tits, tight bodies, etc and so on.
Ads just do that to make men come and buy their product. There are still many people who would much rather their life partner be someone with a nice personality, who they could get along with. But of course, deep down inside, past all the feelings, we all instictively just want a healthy female to knock up and then another one to move on to.

EDIT: And despite what you say. You're no different from that caveman a long time ago thinking: "Org see woman with Big tits, she nurse my young well! She have tight body, is fit, give birth well, also raise child well. She does not appear sluggish, she can well care for my child, and hunt and provide for him."
So don't no one argue with me!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Dude on 2003-08-11 20:47 ]</font>

Sedyne
Aug 11, 2003, 11:57 PM
On 2003-08-11 13:45, Uncle_bob wrote:
Recently, I've noticed that MSN/hotmail has been spamming itself with banners on each side of the screen with pictures of women and hotmail is like "OMG WOOD U GO OUT WIT HER?!11!!!1".

(In other words, the banners are asking if you would only want to go out with "OMGHOTCHIK69" just because she looks pretty, and the banners really don't give a damn if she's a megabitch or a nice person.)

Heh, it brings up the question if people even care about a person's qualities anymore or do they just want to get into a relationship because he/she is physically attractive.

I have pie.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2003-08-11 13:47 ]</font>

beuty draws attention you retard, there isn't exactly a way to say "oh do this girl she's nice see look at her picture" yeah that says alot.

why do people make such stupid posts is a question i ask you, i mean, you probably can't even answer that now can you

LamerPanda
Aug 12, 2003, 12:21 AM
On 2003-08-11 20:45, Captain_Dude wrote:

EDIT: And despite what you say. You're no different from that caveman a long time ago thinking: "Org see woman with Big tits, she nurse my young well! She have tight body, is fit, give birth well, also raise child well. She does not appear sluggish, she can well care for my child, and hunt and provide for him."

What about obviously *un*-healthy toothpick-thin models that people find attractive? >_>

Captain_Dude
Aug 12, 2003, 12:23 AM
On 2003-08-11 22:21, LamerPanda wrote:

On 2003-08-11 20:45, Captain_Dude wrote:

What about obviously *un*-healthy toothpick-thin models that people find attractive? >_>

Human have evolved and gotten screwed up over the years. That's the problem!

Nerd
Aug 12, 2003, 12:39 AM
Did anyone see that Ebay television commercial with the ugly fat woman dancing and singing about finding everything on Ebay? Were you not disgusted with this??

I'm sure I'm not the only one. If you want my attention, show me an attractive female.

Personalities are overrated, as everyone is....in the end.....complex.

hollowtip
Aug 12, 2003, 02:55 AM
It's a shame really. The most attractive females are most likely the most moody and arogant, while the girls with the best personalities are almost always average looking at their best. Which is why I don't think I'll ever get into a relationship, Im a sucker for angel faces but their personalities always turn me off.

OracleDDX
Aug 12, 2003, 04:40 PM
Not every girl is like that it can happen to anyone more then likely they started of not so attractive then they got cute one day an started acting all byatchi. Next it could be anyone of you or it could be true already. I blame society...but also some of the blame is the girls that choose to act in that manner.

*starts singing Looking good is all that matters by Guttermouth*

Guile
Aug 12, 2003, 07:44 PM
The best ads are the ones with the tiny camera cuz it always shows a picture of a girl in it...pervs

Droit
Aug 12, 2003, 08:17 PM
luckily for myself, i found someone with both... alas for she is going to italy soon.....