PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: never fake your own death

OmegaLoser
Aug 11, 2003, 03:57 PM
this past weekend, all of my friends ( i'm in college) went to the Otakon anime convention in Baltimore, Maryland. I DID NOT GO. i was short on the cash. A few hours before they came back, i thought it would be funny to play a prank on my roomate. i wrote a note saying that i was "riding my bike and was struck by a drunk driver" it also said that i died.
* i know stuff like this happens in real life and its not funny. just let me finish*

at the time, i thought this was hilarious. i left the note on the ground and left the apartment for 10 min. to go check my email in the computer lab. while i was there, i realized how un-funny this might be. meanwhile, my roomate came back early, found the note, and ran down the street to my other friends apartments and told them about the note. they all believed it.

I returned to my room to throw away the note. IT WAS GONE. my roomates luggage was sitting in his room. HOLY CRAP. I figured he went to the other building to tell the others. when i got there EVERYONE thought i was dead.

in the end, some thought it was a VERY sick joke, and they laughed, but for the first 2 hours they were all pissed. i don't think my one friend will ever talk to me again.

i still think it was funny, everyone else i tell, they think its funny. the death note was poorly typed, and they all fell for it. i'm a horrible person. did i go too far?

s.TiNgEr
Aug 11, 2003, 04:01 PM
Sounds funny to me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif:D:D

no, you didnt go too far

OmegaLoser
Aug 11, 2003, 04:05 PM
thanks for the support. it was funny. i wouldn't do it again though. seeing some of my friends crying over my death was very depressing

OniTatsujin
Aug 11, 2003, 04:12 PM
you lost a friend over this?

OmegaLoser
Aug 11, 2003, 04:16 PM
i'm not sure if i lost a friend. He was REALLY pissed when it happened. I'm going to his place tonight to apologize again. i'll understant if he's still pissed. one of his other friends died 2 weeks ago. i forgot about it.

s.TiNgEr
Aug 11, 2003, 04:24 PM
O_o Ohhhhhhhh....
He'll get over it soon ^__^

OmegaLoser
Aug 11, 2003, 04:39 PM
ha ha ha. one of my friends just stopped by to tell me how EVIL of a person i am. ha ha ha

ABDUR101
Aug 11, 2003, 04:48 PM
...I'd be pissed, expecially if I had just lost a friend afew weeks ago. >=

Toying with people's emotions like that is never cool. =|

OmegaLoser
Aug 11, 2003, 04:57 PM
point well taken. it isn't nice to toy with emotions just to get a quick laugh. *sighs* well, everyone seems to be over it. luckily i stopped it when i did. if i would have come back an hour later. then i'd be in deep crap. ha ha ha

Morfos
Aug 11, 2003, 05:01 PM
Not a good idea. However, its ok, everybody makes mistakes http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

OmegaLoser
Aug 11, 2003, 05:57 PM
i want my folder to be on fire.........bump

Aredhel
Aug 11, 2003, 05:58 PM
Oh, the tangled webs we weave when we plot to deceive. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

M3-TriadVisitor
Aug 11, 2003, 06:39 PM
The only real funny part I got of that was you wrote the note saying that you were dead. HOW COULD YOU WRITE A NOTE AFTER YOU HAVE DIED? And your friends believed that? Unless they thought someone else wrote the note...

OmegaLoser
Aug 11, 2003, 06:44 PM
ok, i guess i forgot to clarify

* i did not sign the letter. i put someone elses name on the bottom *

s.TiNgEr
Aug 11, 2003, 08:05 PM
Yeah http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I thought so when i was reading your post ^_^

Slicer238
Aug 11, 2003, 08:11 PM
Dude, that is friggin hilarious.

Monomate
Aug 11, 2003, 09:03 PM
lmao!!! that's pretty funny! i dunno what i would've done if i were one of your friends but whatever! still funny though!

Vanango
Aug 11, 2003, 09:10 PM
it's very "boy who cried wolf" like.

it would really upset me but I'd be relieved it was "just a joke". I wouldn't end a friendship because of it because I do think it's bad judgement but someone did that continually... "good bye"

CGoodness
Aug 11, 2003, 09:13 PM
Yea my brother did something similar once to me

i broke down right in front of him and went crazy when he told me he was joking

(he pretended to stab himself and i was like 7(