PDA

View Full Version : WOW LOST GOODS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teenageriot13
Aug 11, 2003, 05:52 PM
My shiat has frozen 3 times and I lose everything I hold sacred. This last time was actually during game play when someone entered the room. It has really gotten me pissed and beyond. Then when you try to get some help people just laugh and say ohh too bad. I didn't have rares per say just specials :*(... Sorry just had to get it out without punching something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: teenageriot13 on 2003-08-11 15:53 ]</font>

kat
Aug 12, 2003, 12:31 PM
well, lets see if we can help at all to prevent further ones. I've had two scares myself, so I kinda know what you've gone through. The following is from the sticky guide at the top of the forum:

11Q: How do I protect my character and my items from SODs?

11A: When you're configuring your internet connection in PSO, set your automatic idle disconnection time to something reasonably short. If you suffer a SOD, disconnect your phone cord or RJ-45 cable and wait for up to twice as long as that period of time (e.g. if you set it for 15 minutes, wait for 30 minutes). If you set your connection to never disconnect, you may have no recourse. Hopefully, you will be able to recover from an SOD if something like this happens. Also, while playing online, it's highly recommended that you only take one weapon -- leaving it equipped at all times -- and do not leave any unequipped, valuable items in your inventory while you play. If you find a Special Weapon or something similarly valuable, go to Pioneer 2 and deposit it in your bank immediately, if you want to be safe. Normally, when I play online, I have one weapon equipped, and the only unequipped items in my inventory are standard fare, like Dimates, Difluids, and Sol Atomizers. If you want to predict SODs, be observant of how quickly you pick up Meseta and items during games. If you cannot pick up any items, none of your teammates are moving, you cannot talk, and every box you break does not yield anything, it's time to disconnect! Even if you were only suffering a bad pocket of lag at the time, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Now, I want to add to that with some advice of my own. Stay off the populated servers. you're more likely to experience a SOD when the servers are maxed out. On the cube, avoid Vega. People there will sometimes FSOD you for the fun of it too... Play on the less populated servers, and you'll have less chance of lag.

Out of curriosity, do you have broadband connection? Because the lag might not just be on your end of the problem...

teenageriot13
Aug 13, 2003, 07:40 AM
Thank You, I'll try that. Would it also help if I disconnected my PC from the hub (it is uploading all the time)?
And is auto disconnect at 5 minutes too little of a setting?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: teenageriot13 on 2003-08-13 06:09 ]</font>

kat
Aug 13, 2003, 01:02 PM
I think that depending on the strength of your signal, you could experience problems. I have played on my boyfriends' computer while he was trying to play online with either his PS2 or his cube, can't remember which, and as a result he wasn't getting enough connection to actually play. HOwever, we've both been online on the cube through his cable at the same time, whith only occasional lag... so, yeah, if you're uploading/downloading on the computer during this time, it will be taking a good percentage of your connection share away from the game.

I think five minutes would be a good starting point. You can always adjust.