PDA

View Full Version : XBox: xbox live, how much is the fee?

Kujin
Aug 11, 2003, 06:27 PM
okay, forget pso exsists for the xbox; as i don't plan to get it.

what i want to know is, how much is the yearly fee for xbox live? also, does a year's subscibtion come with the starter kit?

Sedyne
Aug 11, 2003, 09:34 PM
Currently The Starter Kid including the headset is 49.99 USD, with one year subscription to Xbox Live service. Each reaccuring year/subscription is 50 dollars.

I'm not sure when, but it's been confirmed that the starter kit price will soon be raised to 69.99 with headset and one year subscription. And head sets sold seperately will be $29.99. Microsoft hadn't layed out their plans, but I know it's been confirmed that those prices will soon be put into effect now that they've made plans.

Captain_Dude
Aug 11, 2003, 10:15 PM
Yeah, what the previous poster said.
I also wanna point out that you REALLY wanna keep an eye on your headset. Just recently my got destroyed, and I have no idea how. It's like a section of the wire just got removed... weird...

But at the moment, if you loose your headset you'll have to fork out another 50 bucks to buy another starter kit. *mumble*

Sedyne
Aug 12, 2003, 09:54 AM
On 2003-08-11 20:15, Captain_Dude wrote:
Yeah, what the previous poster said.
I also wanna point out that you REALLY wanna keep an eye on your headset. Just recently my got destroyed, and I have no idea how. It's like a section of the wire just got removed... weird...

But at the moment, if you loose your headset you'll have to fork out another 50 bucks to buy another starter kit. *mumble*

Actually, you can just go to bestbuy and pay 20.00$$ for a telephone headset, it is the exact same thing, i even found one that was much more stable, better wireing and much less likely to break with it's design. MS is cheap pieces of shit. there headset really is a piece of crap. this new platonic brand one i got feels much better on your ears too.