PDA

View Full Version : stolen items....

BARTAmaster
Aug 12, 2003, 11:36 AM
Have you ever had a rare item stolen from you? Last night my friend stole a Devil/Battle!

Orange_Coconut
Aug 12, 2003, 11:37 AM
How'd it happen? Did you drop it for him to look at? Or did he come in when it was on the floor or something?

BARTAmaster
Aug 12, 2003, 11:39 AM
He ran up and took it before I could pick it up.

Orange_Coconut
Aug 12, 2003, 11:41 AM
:/ Yeah, I must admit it's sometimes a habit to pick up the rare if it drops just because of curiosity. But it's not too big a deal, always more right? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BARTAmaster
Aug 12, 2003, 11:43 AM
It was hard to find. Did you ever get robbed?

Orange_Coconut
Aug 12, 2003, 11:44 AM
Yeah... I have actually :/ It turned out to be a Stag Cutlery with 65, I repeat 65% on it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

BARTAmaster
Aug 12, 2003, 11:49 AM
I bet you were real mad after all that is one of the best weapons in the game and with 65%! I bet that was hard to find.

Orange_Coconut
Aug 12, 2003, 11:50 AM
Truthfully, it was my first time playing with the person and alas, it was my last as well. He quit PSO shortly after that find :/

BARTAmaster
Aug 12, 2003, 11:54 AM
Once I killed a booma and it dropped a booma's right arm it was also stolen by a friend that is not my friend anymore.

Obscenity
Aug 12, 2003, 11:59 AM
I've had people grab red boxes that dropped right in front of me while I spent two minutes killing the creature that dropped it. Well, I had it happen once. It really annoyed me. I never did find out what it was.

BARTAmaster
Aug 12, 2003, 12:04 PM
I got back at the friend who stole my Devil/Battle by taking his Varista. I asked to see it and when he least expected it I ran away with the Varista. That is the only item I ever stole.

Reece
Aug 12, 2003, 04:31 PM
wow a Varista... He didn't steal your weapon whoever picks it gets it. I hate it when I get a rare and someone goes WTF! Thats mine I saw it first! I also hate it when dupers pick up items I mean i am legit and all can't they get a duped one?! BTW Stag Cutterly isn't one of the best weapons on the game it's actually pretty easy to find.

hououtate
Aug 12, 2003, 04:36 PM
yea. getting an item taken out from under you is nothing. i have had a lot of problems with the Trade steal thing. its my fault though, i should have seen it coming when it took that person an hour to do stuff in the window...

BARTAmaster
Aug 14, 2003, 11:33 AM
[quote]He didn't steal your item who ever picks it up gets it. I killed the enemy!

Valleo
Aug 14, 2003, 11:39 AM
A good way to tell if someone is trying to do the trade steal is to keep pressing verify items. If you see some weird messages come up in jibberish, your about to get ripped off. Close the trade window.

Da_Wrecka
Aug 14, 2003, 04:49 PM
On 2003-08-14 09:39, Valleo wrote:
A good way to tell if someone is trying to do the trade steal is to keep pressing verify items. If you see some weird messages come up in jibberish, your about to get ripped off. Close the trade window.

Also never, ever trade except in an Episode 2 game. While it's theoretically possible to do the trade steal in an Ep2 game it's a lot harder. A LOT harder. If someone refuses to trade with you in an Ep2 game, they probably want to steal from you. Tell them to piss off.

(Yes I know this is nothing to do with the actual original post, but I think it's worth noting)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Da_Wrecka on 2003-08-14 15:01 ]</font>

Liet
Aug 14, 2003, 06:24 PM
Heck, I was playing with a couple guys in Ult Seabed with my lv 138 HUmar, and I killed a guy who dropped a MKB, my bud picked it up. I think it was a blue squid thingy, (I forget their names). I was pissed that he got it, but it belongs to whomever gets to it first. That's the way it goes...

BTW, I love it when noobs talk about how "strong" varistas and stags are, especially since i throw those items out when i find them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cha

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 14, 2003, 06:29 PM
stags were rare for me awhile. then i found my red saber. then i found another. then another. now i have 4 red sabers. i have a team of hunters with red sabers. o yea i am offline only.