PDA

View Full Version : Epsiode 3.... =Z

RoninJoku
Aug 12, 2003, 06:57 PM
Can someone tell me if you can get to use YOUR character in battles in EpIII? If I cant get my character to fight in battles and I have to use the NPCs ill be very unhappy... =( I dont care how cool the NPCs are... It's just not the same using someone else to do your dirty work... Also, if you cant... then what is the purpose of creating your own character (if any) besides just looking different in lobbies?

LollipopLolita
Aug 12, 2003, 07:03 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1282

RoninJoku
Aug 12, 2003, 07:16 PM
=Z I am very very dissapointed... Oh well, It should still be fun...

LollipopLolita
Aug 12, 2003, 07:22 PM
check this discussion

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=62699&forum=1&19

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 13, 2003, 02:39 AM
this kinda seems to be a lame game. cards. i dunno about the cards. its the only thing that drives me away.

polishedweasel
Aug 13, 2003, 03:29 AM
On 2003-08-13 00:39, Master_of_Dragons wrote:
this kinda seems to be a lame game. cards. i dunno about the cards. its the only thing that drives me away.

*gets out checklist*

*marks another line next to the "I think this game is gonna suck list"*

*counts on fingers*

*lightbulb flashes above head*

"Wow, that's the fifteen thousand five hundred and thirty seventh time I've heard that!"

Tekershee
Aug 13, 2003, 03:30 AM
Gah!!!! Who cares what they use!?

Oh no cards ¬_¬

Sega could have drawn weapons on cheeseburgers and called it Phantasy Star Online: Episode 3 Cheeseburger Revolution or something.

polishedweasel
Aug 13, 2003, 03:38 AM
On 2003-08-13 01:30, Tekershee wrote:
Gah!!!! Who cares what they use!?

Oh no cards ?_?

Sega could have drawn weapons on cheeseburgers and called it Phantasy Star Online: Episode 3 Cheeseburger Revolution or something.

LOLOLOLOLOL...that's the funniest thing I've heard all night...

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 13, 2003, 03:40 AM
it is a game no need to get testy

LollipopLolita
Aug 13, 2003, 03:55 AM
One upside to this feature that many people seem to forget and don't consider is that while you are bound to the customizable character that you make in the Lobby and P2, you're free to play any other character, Arkz or Hunter. That in itself lends to variety and will help combat boredom. In Ep 1 & 2, if you're a hune, you're a hune. In Ep 3, your lobby persona might be a hune, but you can be a Hunter Ramarl or a Arkz Humar in battle whenever you wish. You are free to explore characters, gamestyles and you don't have to worry about weapon cards limited to a particular class since you can just build a character deck for that weapon.

I have had no problem playing my customized character only in Lobby and P2, the multitude of characters I can have makes up for that. I don't have to transfer things between characters since I have multiple class decks but I can still have multiple characters on the mem card. So think about it, you're not limited to just 4 characters or however many the mem card can hold. One downside is yea it's boring to see the same npc design, but hey I don't have to go through the game hacking and bashing the same things over and over again with one eye closed.

Lastly, I would like to say that no one should say that the game sucks before playing it and understanding the gameplay and battle system. Even the people on the Trial cannot make a 100% fair judgement since we're not playing the full version of the game and things will be and are still being tweaked.

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 13, 2003, 03:58 AM
i am probly going to buy it anyway.

just the other games based on the card decks get old fast.

polishedweasel
Aug 13, 2003, 04:01 AM
On 2003-08-13 01:58, Master_of_Dragons wrote:
i am probly going to buy it anyway.

just the other games based on the card decks get old fast.

It all depends on your competition...I played Magic for years, then the good people left, leaving me with all the decent people and the Yugioh kids..SO I stopped playing, sold all my cards, and now regret it.

oh well...

LollipopLolita
Aug 13, 2003, 04:09 AM
I have to say, in this game, skill and strategy really comes into play, more so than Ep 1 and 2 unless we're talking about CMode. The tournament feature is going to be popular and will give people bragging rights.

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 13, 2003, 04:14 AM
how do you play the cards. is it like that pokemon crap or yugioh or is it a game all on its own.

LollipopLolita
Aug 13, 2003, 04:16 AM
I've never played pokemon nor yugioh so I can't say. But you can watch some of the movies and judge for yourself.

http://www.pso-world.com/media.php?category=Gamecube+Episode+3+Trial+Media&subcategory=Movies

polishedweasel
Aug 13, 2003, 04:17 AM
Hey I didn't know there were movies!!! *download*

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 13, 2003, 04:17 AM
i am going to go to that link rite now. I think this should become a new topic in the Fourm index. Label it Ep 3 or something.

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 13, 2003, 04:20 AM
well now, sence i have no id there i cant watch them. oh well. is like a duel against the dark/heroside. or is it just like a giant fight.

polishedweasel
Aug 13, 2003, 04:21 AM
On 2003-08-13 02:17, Master_of_Dragons wrote:
i am going to go to that link rite now. I think this should become a new topic in the Fourm index. Label it Ep 3 or something.

I think that it's not necessary...and I couldn't download the movies. I think fileplanet is broken.

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 13, 2003, 04:24 AM
do you have an id there thats why i cant

Saladwood
Aug 13, 2003, 04:27 AM
you just need to sign up with file planet.

we can't host movies ourselves, since it will take up too much memory, so we have to use our PSOW fileplanet space.

edit: we can technially host the files, but gamespy would get mad. we're not allowed to put up big movie files like that due to gamespy rules!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saladwood on 2003-08-13 02:30 ]</font>

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 13, 2003, 04:32 AM
i am comfortable here and not there so well i can live without it. i just need to experiance it for myself.

LollipopLolita
Aug 13, 2003, 04:34 AM
try our affiliate

http://www.phantasystaronline.it/

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 13, 2003, 04:40 AM
man that sites hard on the eyes lol

polishedweasel
Aug 13, 2003, 04:41 AM
Yes the weasel has a pay account. So I don't have to wait in line. So, I know that the site is busted. I think...

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 13, 2003, 04:42 AM
and i cant understand WHOA pretty colors harmful to eyes.

LollipopLolita
Aug 13, 2003, 04:45 AM
I think STE has an excellent site.

Here's a direct link to the movie archives

http://www.phantasystaronline.it/ep3movie.html

Also try running babelfish through it.

Da_Jue
Aug 13, 2003, 07:18 AM
sorry for your eyes ^ ^" but me and other players likes this color lol, PSO have more blue windows too ^ ^ w w