PDA

View Full Version : DVD Recorders?

PenIsMightier
Aug 12, 2003, 08:43 PM
Hello,
The other day I was thinking about a present I could get my mum and dad for their anniversary. Then it hit me! They have no DVD player. Now one might wonder, "Just get them a cheap DVD Apex player." But instead I wanted to get something that would benefit both them and me. So I decided to get them a DVD Recorder so that not only will they be able to watch DVD's but I can also back up my DVD library. So which leads me to ask you my fellow friends, what do you believe is a great DVD recorder? I did some research online for a couple and I found that some of them had something called "Progressive scan recording" which I do not know what it is. I am just basically looking for a DVD Recorder, that can not only play my DVDs, but back them up as well by putting them in another DVD-/+RW/R. Does anybody know where I can find a DVD Recorder like this at a reasonable price? And will a DVD recorder have a double deck (i.e. one to play, one to record on the same system?)

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Aug 12, 2003, 08:46 PM
AHAHAHAHAHA

Your handle is awesome.

Holy crap.

ABDUR101
Aug 12, 2003, 09:03 PM
On 2003-08-12 18:46, BlackCanaryOfDeath wrote:
AHAHAHAHAHA

Your handle is awesome.

Holy crap.

It's "Pen is Mightier"..as in "The pen is mightier than the sword". o_O

Recently, I've been looking at an HP DVD RW drive. I haven't scouted Staples latest though, hmm. I'd check Staples, or Best Buy, depending on your area.