PDA

View Full Version : sato and colors

Night_Star
Aug 12, 2003, 11:26 PM
according to one of the guides... it says that sato changes colors
how?

umbrella
Aug 12, 2003, 11:33 PM
It changes depending on what color mag you make it out of.
then it's permanent.

Soukosa
Aug 12, 2003, 11:50 PM
The only change that would exist would be the color becoming a bit darker.

Night_Star
Aug 13, 2003, 12:22 AM
oh, so it doesnt change colors after you make it?
so basically it just has a lot more colors to become huh?
oh well... its pretty cool any ways http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Stalfos333
Aug 13, 2003, 12:58 AM
The idea is that the Sato has more drastic changes than other mags. Most mags have slight changes, the glowing part is all that tends to change (the tail tip of a Nidra, for example). The Sato's fur and glowing eyes change for every variation. So, while each mag has the same NUMBER of color variations, it is far easier to see the Sato's differences.

Kalonera is wrong, in this instance. Your Sato will never get darker or lighter, unless it's only because you are walking through a shadow. A mag's color is determined the first time you take the teleporter to the planet, on a new character. This color is based on the color of that character's outfit that first time. Each outfit has two color variations, except the special costumes on the end that choose a random color. The mag's color will never change after that original color is set, whether you trade it away or change costumes or let it sit in the bank for a year. The mags you pick up in the Mines are all grey as well.

Lucas2k4
Aug 13, 2003, 01:02 AM
Kalonera meant as it evolves from it's previous stage the Sato maybe become lighter and darker then it's previous color was.

Soukosa
Aug 13, 2003, 02:39 AM
On 2003-08-12 22:58, Stalfos333 wrote:
Kalonera is wrong, in this instance. Your Sato will never get darker or lighter, unless it's only because you are walking through a shadow. A mag's color is determined the first time you take the teleporter to the planet, on a new character. This color is based on the color of that character's outfit that first time. Each outfit has two color variations, except the special costumes on the end that choose a random color. The mag's color will never change after that original color is set, whether you trade it away or change costumes or let it sit in the bank for a year. The mags you pick up in the Mines are all grey as well.

The Sato colors are slightly darker than the color base mag colors that they start off with. I've made quite a few Satos, so I should now.

Dhylec
Aug 13, 2003, 12:12 PM
i had the sme notion that satos can change colors after reading the guide.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif
but i found out it's the color of the original costum
i've made a few satos, but i didnt pay attn to slight color changes like kal

since they'r so cute, i plan to make a whole set of 'em w/many diff. colors..
i've recreated my fonew'l some 8x to get some variations http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif