PDA

View Full Version : Double Saber Help

Brujah
Mar 24, 2001, 05:56 PM
Exactly how Do I get one? I am good enough to use one, and have been, but I cant find out how to get one! Thankz

Shir
Mar 24, 2001, 06:10 PM
You find one! ... okay, not so helpful... well, some people never come across them, I found all mine in the very hard mines, and I've come across 6 or 7 by now, so I've even stopped saving them (at first it was so cool...).
My section ID is Redria, dunno if that matters.

Shir
Mar 24, 2001, 06:13 PM
And it looks like you need to close your table HTML code.

K2
Mar 24, 2001, 06:22 PM
i've been finding tons of double sabers offline in v.hard mines lately. my section id is pinkal.

Rio
Mar 24, 2001, 06:56 PM
<blockquote>
My friends and I have discovered that Yellowboze has a bad chance of finding any sort of doublesaber. A level 97 friend of mine has found a single Doublesaber and a single Twinbrand in over 120 hours of gameplay, both on Very Hard in the Ruins online.

He has been turning up a lot of God equipment lately, though...
</blockquote>

Gericault
Mar 24, 2001, 07:49 PM
at 130 hours I finally found my first Double Saber, in the VHard Ruins. There's no trick, man, just keep killing stuff and busting open treasure boxes and eventually, you will find one. The chances of one dropping are like a hundred to one or worse, so...

DarkWolf
Mar 25, 2001, 02:37 AM
I found my first (and only!) double saber around hour 180 or so, in an online game started by a whitill (I think). Purplenum seems to have just as hard of a time as yellowbose. Out of 240+ hours of playing, the only REAL rares I've found are double saber, Delsaber's Buster, Flame Visit, and a 1977 Fake Agito.

[addsig]"http://home1.gte.net/npdw/pso-darkwolf2.jpg">

Words of wisdom for the week...

The dragon is nothing more than a lizard that
ate an Inferno Bazooka...

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: DarkWolf on 2001-03-24 23:41 ]</font>

eeff1001
Mar 25, 2001, 04:23 AM
I've found one double saber...

DIFFICULTY: VHard
MODE: Offline
CHARACTER: Level 76 FOnewm
SECTION ID: Redria
GAME TIME: ~92 hours

I know a monster dropped it, but i can't be sure which one (it had to have been either a Gilllchic or a Canadine, the only two enemies that spawned in that room).

Not sure if this helps at all, but hey - it's the first semi-rare weapon i've found yet, so i thought i'd post.

- eeff1001

p.s. i've been reading this forum for a while, but this is, infact, my first post.

rekonstruct
Mar 25, 2001, 05:02 AM
Just my experience:

Yellowboze RAmar. 170 hours. 8 DoubleSabers. 7 in Mines-Vhard. 1 in Caves-Vhard. Just to note, this is more than my 130 hour Hunewearl Viridia, who has found around 3 of them.

Rio
Mar 25, 2001, 05:20 AM
<blockquote>
Freeyow... Maybe it's just the server then? I have no idea... Can't be the Luck attribute, so it must be RL luck instead. Congrats on your good fortune, maybe there's hope for YBs yet.
</blockquote>

Lysan
Mar 25, 2001, 05:31 AM
This is my experience with the Double Saber. My first Lysan character was level 85 with about 115 hours played and she didn't find a single Double Saber. Then my original character got corrupted somehow and I had to start all over. I made the exact same character. Class, name, and section ID were exactly the same. My new Lysan is 78th level now and in 60 hrs of play she has found EIGHT Double Sabers. Try to make sense out of that!

Xaken
Mar 25, 2001, 08:15 AM
Don't dis the YellowBoze. My RAcast made a v-hard game when he was only level 45. In that one game 3 DoubleSabers were found in the mines.

The fact that ANYONE finds a Twin Brand (like some one mentioned) is pretty impressive, so I think YellowBozes might actually have an advantage for these things.

Spike
Mar 25, 2001, 09:55 AM
I'm the worst ID in the game (aka Yellowboze) and have found like 8 Double Sabers too (I lost count). I believe they were all found in Mines.

hanibal
Mar 25, 2001, 10:14 AM
I FOUND MY FIRST DOUBLE SABER IN RUINS ON NORMAL AND EVERY SPECIAL WEAPONI FIND IN MINES IN VERY HARD IS A DOUBLE SABER. MY ID IS ORAN.
SO IF YOU WANT A DOUBLE SABER FIND ME AT PUCK 10 ILL GIVE YA ONE FOR A MINOR TRADE OR CASH OR MAYBE FOR FREE IF YA PLAY A GOOD GAME.

CLOUD: HUCAST LVL100

Brujah
Mar 25, 2001, 02:59 PM
Thankz Guys, ONe other thing. You guys keep saying diff. difficulty levels. I thought you could only change it on Online? I sound like a level 1 newbie, but I havent Been on PSO in along time, Ive been PLaying UO

Shir
Mar 25, 2001, 03:19 PM
Offline, once you beat the game on normal, you can play on hard, once you beat on hard, you can play on very hard. Online there's just level requirements.

JayHale
Mar 25, 2001, 04:03 PM
I found a ton of DB's Sabres in online Hard Ruins2. I'm a lvl 39 FOnewm SKYLY. If you ever need one just e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll give you one, because I have 3 already, but I still can't use a single one of them, lol.

Fargo
Mar 25, 2001, 08:35 PM
originally posted by K2:
- i've been finding tons of double sabers offline in v.hard mines lately. my section id is pinkal. -

well sir, I certainly wish I had your luck! I'm a PINKAL HUmar with 115 hours under my belt and the only sniff of a double weapon I've had is when I saw NCP Ash in the quest 'From the Depths' holding onto a Stag Cutlery... the jammy little bastard!

Jee
Mar 26, 2001, 05:48 AM
Heh, I guess that makes me pretty fortunate then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

I found my first (and only so far) double saber + 5 in the ruins on normal(!). I was playing offline mode, my character was at level 27 HUnewearl, I still only had 10 luck, and I was around 25-30 hours into the game. My section ID is Redria.

Needless to say, I was quite shocked at first (I'd been using a gigush), and quickly ground it up to +20 using my grinders. The weapon made has made falz, and the forest/caves on hard extremely easy, and I must say I love it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif I had to switch back to a claymore for the mines due to it's large sweeping attack range, but my double saber is still my staple and fave weap http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Btw apart from this find I've not been overly lucky. I found some delsaber's arms in the ruins on normal (no big deal), and that was my only other "special" item on normal. And so far on the hard dificulty the only "special" stuff I've found have been a varista (which I found yet again in the ruins) and the armour "Parasite Wear: De Roll" (or something like that, can't remember the exact name) which I got off the caves boss, and have about 20 levels to make before I can wear it. Ah well, better get back to it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

MechDan
Mar 26, 2001, 12:38 PM
I'm Redria; find them in V-Hard Mines also.

beany
Mar 26, 2001, 03:25 PM
Hey, i have an extra one. I go online for at least 45-1 hr each night. At about 9:30 California time. Look for Beany. I can usually be found on the gamefaqs location..(block 15 opella..(something like that) or email me.
[email protected]
laterz and good luck

Fargo
Mar 26, 2001, 05:58 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!

got my first double sabers today! After clocking in 116 hours my PINKAL HUmar has finally hit pay dirt! Found on V.Hard Mines of course, where most recommended...

However, my find was expensive - I picked up two specials in a rather hellish room that never seemed to stop overflowing with trigger happy Gillchicks, and during my twoing and froing (well, okay, me dying several times during the battle) I lost hold of my treasured Soul Eater +35 and my highly valued Varista +9 (with +45 Dark and +30 Hit) and around 700,000 meseta, and I was busy getting back to that room to lay down some mighty double ended justice when I spotted a door I'd missed, so I went in and started clearing things up when I was asked by my house mates if I wanted to got to the pub for lunch (someones rather generous treat) but they were literaly out the door, so I QUIT THE GAME FORGETTING MY POOR BELEAGURED WEAPONS!!! I mean, I'm not bothered about the meseta, I've accidentaly 'lost' over 3 million, it's basically yellow trash, but the weapons? Oh god, I kicked myself. Still, Varistas are ten a penny (could be a while till I see those stats again, though) and I was always going to go for the Soul Banish on the Hard Quests, so my loss will be short lived hopefully. It's just the hours put in finding all those grinders... ugh.
Oh well, stop complaining, Fargo.
^_^ DOUBLE SABERS! YAAAAAY! ^_^

sephiroththegreat
Jun 18, 2002, 02:27 AM
i will tell you the easist way is to make it to ultimate mode useing the visk235w and open only the boxs as far as it will let you go then quickly quit and do it again and you should find two stag cultry +4(double saber)

Kent
Jun 18, 2002, 05:03 AM
On 2001-03-25 13:03, JayHale wrote:
I found a ton of DB's Sabres in online Hard Ruins2. I'm a lvl 39 FOnewm SKYLY. If you ever need one just e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll give you one, because I have 3 already, but I still can't use a single one of them, lol.

...They're talking about Double Sabers, not DB's Sabers.

Sedric
Jun 20, 2002, 01:14 AM
Posted: 2001-03-24 14:56

Let's not forget this too.

Zio
Jun 20, 2002, 10:00 AM
I found my first double saber in normal ruins offline with a yellowboze FOmarl. I then found some in hard mines with my viridia hucast.

amoralist
Jun 20, 2002, 02:22 PM
It must be me or Whitill only but, I find them more often in Caves thanks the 3 soldiers (I call them the type because they're all shark cousins). And the ones I find in Caves have better percents that the ones in mines (i.e., 0 5 0 40 0 or 25 0 20 0 35 ).

I love my double sabers, its like my default weapon in vhard next to varistas (I only like them cause I can kill people from afar or floating, that and good percents).

Let's throw a double saber party. (Now you know I'm a freak for double types.)

Gogetta
Jul 17, 2003, 10:41 AM
pleeeez help me find a double saber! ive posted sumthing like this in every part of these forums i need a double saber!!!!!!!!!!

Seifer
HUcast
Lv56
GREENNILL

HELP!

s.TiNgEr
Jul 17, 2003, 10:58 AM
I'd like to know where to find one too ^_______^

Reiya
Jul 24, 2003, 03:44 PM
i used to want a double saber, but i neva got 1 from that retarded fish(barba ray):( so i gave up on it, now i found myself a demolition comet which is much cooler than the double saber http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

LollipopLolita
Jul 24, 2003, 03:55 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=28&sortby=class

blade_mage727
Jan 3, 2004, 07:11 PM
On 2002-06-20 12:22, amoralist wrote:
It must be me or Whitill only but, I find them more often in Caves thanks the 3 soldiers (I call them the type because they're all shark cousins). And the ones I find in Caves have better percents that the ones in mines (i.e., 0 5 0 40 0 or 25 0 20 0 35 ).

I love my double sabers, its like my default weapon in vhard next to varistas (I only like them cause I can kill people from afar or floating, that and good percents).

Let's throw a double saber party. (Now you know I'm a freak for double types.)

Can ANYONE confirm this? My only character past normal mode is my Whitill HUnewearl (Her name is Chi! ...yes from Chobits for those of you who're wondering--she looks practically identical) Anyway, I saw on the lookup for the double saber in the rare item lists that the only section id that can find it in hard mode episode 1 NOT from Garanz (give me a break, do you think I'm superman? ***) is Pinkal, but like I said i can't play hard mode with any section id except whitill (I don't have online capabilities).
So i tried out AR Temple and there is NO way I'll be able to make it through part BETA let alone multiple times. I REALLY want a double saber though. My only rare weapons right now are (in order of acquisition):
1) Soul Eater (my fav weapon right now)
2) Akiko's Frying Pan
3) Inferno Bazooka (can't use; ATA is WAY too low)
4) Varista (see above comment except remove "WAY")
5) Photon Claw

p.s. *** I got REALLY lucky in the room before the Mines' boss warp in normal mode: Right when I started getting attacked by the two Garanz in the room and I was close to dying, my MAGs PB bar filled up so he gave me invincibility and he also refilled my hp (i think because it was under 1/10). At one point I got hit by AT LEAST 15-20 missiles at once and didn't even get scartched. *It would have made the most awesome photo. Too bad I didn't think of it soon enough. I'll try to get it again later.*

Anyway, if anyone can confirm the quote, it would be greatly appreciated. I'll work on it too.

Myopathy
Jan 3, 2004, 07:20 PM
All I have to say to that bump is...WOW http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Genoa
Jan 3, 2004, 07:29 PM
HUcaseal is THE coolest with a Double-Saber. hmm, this makes me want to create a topic... (iv'e got it...)

JohanCC
Jan 3, 2004, 08:03 PM
This has been bumped like 3 times, and still hasn't been locked.

VulpesMundi
Jan 3, 2004, 08:13 PM
On 2004-01-03 16:11, blade_mage727 wrote:
Can ANYONE confirm this?

I realize this is your first post, so I'll give you some pointers. First, you need to read the forum rules (http://www.pso-world.com/faq.php?myfaq=yes&id_cat=9&categories=Forum). Bumping old topics is looked down upon by the staff. Next, you need to pay attention to the dates of posts. As you can see, the post you're replying to was from 2002. That's way back on the Dreamcast, which is completely different. I'm assuming you're on the Gamecube or X-Box, so that quote wouldn't apply to you. If you need to know where to find stuff, there's an Item Findings (http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php) database you can search through. Good luck, and welcome to PSOW. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-01-03 17:16 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Jan 3, 2004, 09:01 PM
Thank you, everyone who tries to help the new members with things such as bumping old topics and so on, it is greatly appreciated.

I'll put the thread down *loud gunshot* unceremoniously. =x