PDA

View Full Version : Must get lavis cannon!

Quo
Aug 13, 2003, 01:32 PM
Does anyone know a good beat time for finding a lavis cannon from a tollaw in Ult. forest with a purplenum section I.D.?

JTeebo
Aug 13, 2003, 01:33 PM
Uhhhh... Tollaw's are kind of stingy. If you really want one badly, I suggest another ID. It would probably be faster.

Soukosa
Aug 13, 2003, 01:58 PM
If you really want a Lavis Cannon, it might be worth the trouble of making a Redria and piping for a Pouilly Slime in Ult Caves with them. If not, Purplenum is the 2nd best ID to get a Lavis Cannon with.

Quo
Aug 13, 2003, 02:03 PM
I know purplenum is the second best thats why my character has it (I don't want to pipe for rares). Thats right I made this character only to get the double cannon (I have a friend working on the syncestas). But I need the beat times so don't tell me about my section I.D. tell me the times.

Reece
Aug 13, 2003, 02:16 PM
Sorry times arn't any good it's all bout the luck dude

Lucas2k4
Aug 13, 2003, 02:16 PM
Beat time might not effect rare findings...

Dbc
Aug 13, 2003, 02:27 PM
just play the heat sword quest first room over and over, if ur on the box the fire dome swirl has quite a bit of tollaws

Quo
Aug 13, 2003, 02:29 PM
Please don't reply if you don't know the beat time.

Dbc
Aug 13, 2003, 02:31 PM
there is no beat time for rare items, not any that have been found anyways, there have been some beat times for rare monsters.

Reece
Aug 13, 2003, 02:34 PM
I think he is in denial that there is no beat time...

Dbc
Aug 13, 2003, 02:42 PM
Quo start looking for a lavis cannon now i just got my second of a tollaw:)

Quo
Aug 13, 2003, 03:01 PM
i am looking for it but i don't beleive in luck so any beneficial circumstances are much needed.

Reece
Aug 13, 2003, 03:23 PM
How can you not belive in luck? So much stuff in the world has to do with LUCK. Well there are no beat things so just go killing Tallows

Quo
Aug 13, 2003, 03:24 PM
If you don't believe beat times boost rare findings then you must agree they don't deminish them either. In other words it may not help but it can't hurt. And I need all the help I can get.

Quo start looking for a lavis cannon now i just got my second of a tollaw:)

Did you happen to note the beat times?

Stalfos333
Aug 13, 2003, 03:26 PM
Perhaps luck isn't the right term. The drops in PSO are algorithmically based, and have a complex enough system for choosing when to drop an item, and a rare item, that it seems to be random. When and if things are dropped are as mathematical based as whether flipping a coin will land tails or heads. No, not based on luck, but on complex mathematical principals so convoluted that they might as well be random, and can be expressed as only a probability.

Quo
Aug 13, 2003, 03:28 PM
How can you not belive in luck? So much stuff in the world has to do with LUCK. Well there are no beat things so just go killing Tallows

No, nothing in the world has to do with luck. Everything is an inevitible outcome based on conditions and circumstance. If the conditions y and z are met then the outcome must be x no mystical force dubbed luck changes the outcome.

Dbc
Aug 13, 2003, 03:43 PM
once again IT IS luck i got my first lavis around 200-230 and my second one was at 731 beats happy? i doubt ull find one though at those beats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dbc on 2003-08-13 13:54 ]</font>

Stalfos333
Aug 13, 2003, 03:48 PM
If x and y, then z? That's ridiculous. Nothing is that simple. Things are so complex, in fact, have SO many variations and possibilities, and exist in such invisible harmony with ALL other things, that it's just dumb luck whether anything happens at all. You cannot consciously influence the world enough to make any outcome you desire a certainty, and thus you have to rely on luck.

Dragon_Ash
Aug 13, 2003, 03:49 PM
It took me 3 1/2 hours to find the Lavis cannon after killing 15 red slimes

Reece
Aug 13, 2003, 04:03 PM
15 Red Slimes in 3 hours damn your lucky

Quo
Aug 13, 2003, 04:04 PM
If x and y, then z? That's ridiculous. Nothing is that simple. Things are so complex, in fact, have SO many variations and possibilities, and exist in such invisible harmony with ALL other things, that it's just dumb luck whether anything happens at all. You cannot consciously influence the world enough to make any outcome you desire a certainty, and thus you have to rely on luck.

No sir, you're ridiculous. Anything that has multiple possibilities is influenced by human will and human will is the instrument which brings about change. What I'm saying is: if you flip a coin and the force exerted on the coin is a and the position of the coin on your hand is b and the position of your hand is c and the air pressure is d and the wind influence is e and the surface the coin lands upon is [/i]f then the coin will not only land with the same side facing up every time but it will also land in the same spot and in the same way every time when you change variables a,b,c,d,e, and/or f[i] then you give the possibility for a different result. Yes, it is that simple.

Quo
Aug 13, 2003, 04:06 PM
once again IT IS luck i got my first lavis around 200-230 and my second one was at 731 beats happy? i doubt ull find one though at those beats.

Yes, I am happy.

Reece
Aug 13, 2003, 04:15 PM
Your not gonna find one unless you do 200 Runs probaly more...

Quo
Aug 13, 2003, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Lucas2k4
Aug 13, 2003, 04:38 PM
On 2003-08-13 14:04, Quo wrote:

No sir, you're ridiculous. Anything that has multiple possibilities is influenced by human will and human will is the instrument which brings about change. What I'm saying is: if you flip a coin and the force exerted on the coin is a and the position of the coin on your hand is b and the position of your hand is c and the air pressure is d and the wind influence is e and the surface the coin lands upon is [/i]f then the coin will not only land with the same side facing up every time but it will also land in the same spot and in the same way every time when you change variables a,b,c,d,e, and/or f[i] then you give the possibility for a different result. Yes, it is that simple.

Simple? Yeah right! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif