PDA

View Full Version : New Purplenum!

RaikoStormX
Aug 13, 2003, 03:06 PM
I am pretty new to the game, I have had it for less than a month. My character is a FOmar level 19 purplenum. I only play offline, and i am currently at caves. What should i do?

Bit
Aug 13, 2003, 03:07 PM
Well. Beat the levels. Heh,

Get yourself a spread type gun, and you should roll through rather quickly if you raise yourself a good power/dex mag.

JTeebo
Aug 13, 2003, 03:07 PM
Get into Hard Mode. Then you can get some rares. I believe Purplenum gets plenty of mechguns.

JTeebo
Aug 13, 2003, 03:08 PM
On 2003-08-13 13:07, Bit wrote:
Well. Beat the levels. Heh,

Get yourself a spread type gun, and you should roll through rather quickly if you raise yourself a good power/dex mag.

He's a FOmar. He can't use that type of gun.

Bit
Aug 13, 2003, 03:10 PM
Er, Of course.

Blah.

First posts of the day. Cut me some slack. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Stalfos333
Aug 13, 2003, 03:15 PM
FoMar is not a character for someone new to the game to use. A HuNewearl is more a beginning character, since she's pretty easy to use. FoMar is harder to level up than other Forces, and even than most characters, and is weak besides.

darthsaber9x9
Aug 13, 2003, 06:32 PM
i say good for him to have a challenge. It wont do him much harm. at leats he knows that if its too hard he can get easier. my advice to him(sorry, forgot ur name ^_^)is that you may want to try and take it a bit slower and comeplete all the quests, and acquire as many ra- and gi- level techs as possible. i would give you some if i could

JTeebo
Aug 13, 2003, 06:34 PM
I believe he mentioned in another thread that he knew all the techs save Megid and Grants. Though I could be mistaken...

darthsaber9x9
Aug 13, 2003, 06:38 PM
no, even worse..its in his sig lol. ::anime teardrop smilie thingy:: yesh o wek he did say that heez a n00b sorta.soz lol hey its late and im tired (in the uk)

fury02
Aug 13, 2003, 06:55 PM
ditch the character....for me purplenum has been nothing but a burden. What do I find? mechguns, mechguns, MECHGUNS!! Its enough to drive you insane! Today i found two L&K14 combats, yesterday i found two, and this whole week added up i've found 10!! Its so annoying! But hey if you want to find lots of mechguns go on right ahead...

Sunblast
Aug 13, 2003, 08:12 PM
Fury is right. You would be best off ditching the character. If you've put alot of time into it, you should just try your best anyway, but the problem is that Forces pretty much HAVE to be Pinkal. Purplenum is for Rangers. Don't sweat it, though. There was no way for you to know what the Section IDs did. Heck, I jsut got lucky. Sunblast the ranger just happen to come out as a Purplenum. Same goes for my best friend. His Force was lucky enough to be Pinkal (He was so P.O.ed until he found out that Pinkal gives high spells).
Don't take my word for it, though. The choice is entirely yours.

Blue-Hawk
Aug 13, 2003, 08:25 PM
Wow. Finally, someone agrees with me about purplenum. If you wanted a decent starter character, maybe a ramarl or a hucaseal/cast. And skyly, viridia, redria and/or pinkal *if you want a force- fonewearl*.

fury02
Aug 13, 2003, 08:31 PM
FOmar is also going to be hard if your new. Because you may not have any other meseta sources. Because it is known that forces can be rather expencive.

Genoa
Aug 13, 2003, 08:36 PM
haha I force is challenging enough as it is (to start off that is) and not to mention and FOmar... your taken on a hard task. I doubt you'll stick with that FOmar for long. When you get to 20 you can go to hard on multi player (just 4 u 2 no) rare drops come in nice shiny red boxes. I get goospumbs all over when I get one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif your probably gunna find a DB Saber 1st. oh and wats your section ID? Cause that is what makes you find what you find. You shoulda started off with a Hunter. I mean the description is right. Hunters are for Beginners, Rangers for mid-level, forces for advanced players. I started off with a RAmar but my friend started with a HUcast and we played multi until we were level 30 something. haha it was funny going on single player for once and hearing the principal tellin me the beginin stuff. Going to normal forest with my Sniper (hey it was all i could find)

Reece
Aug 13, 2003, 08:46 PM
BooHoo! I can't find something because I give up and am LAZY! Thats all I ever here from people that hate there IDs. Look what you can get from Purplenum.

Lavis Cannon
Red Handgun
Sacred Cloth
God/Arm
Frozen Shooter
Psyco Wand
Smoking Plate
Purplenum Card
Red Scorpio
Red Daggers
God/Mind
Kasami Bracer
Magic Rock "Moola"
Syncesta
Baranz Parts
Ruby Bullet
Guardianna
Spread Needle
Red Mechgun
DF Field
Belra's Right Arm
Sacred Guard
Book of Hitogata
Bringer's Right Arm
Anti-Android Rifle
Spirit Garment
God/Luck
Mindmill
Kamui
Yasminkov 9000M
God/Legs
Yasminkov 2000H
Panzerfaust
Maser Beam
Heaven's Punisher
Partisan of Lightning
Agito 1975
Gi-Gue's Body
Sinow Berrill's Arms
Hitogata
Demonic Fork
Rika's Claw
Electro Frame

fury02
Aug 13, 2003, 09:02 PM
Reece have ever played with a purplenum that long?? I tell you what who ever found all that stuff was one lucky son of a bitch...because I've played with a purplenum for a LONG time and I've never seen most of those....

Reece
Aug 13, 2003, 09:13 PM
What level is it and how many runs have you done to find a rare item?

Heero_Yuy0w0
Aug 13, 2003, 09:17 PM
You guys must have bad luck, my Purplenum is always finding good items.

Reece
Aug 13, 2003, 09:25 PM
Level 134 RAmar Always good rare CUZ I DON'T GIVE UP! just keep looking and stop whining

Nightmarexlc
Aug 13, 2003, 09:59 PM
*looks at list*

No wonder Cecil Mc_W00t was determined to make a Pruplenum... At first I http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif at him, but now he found almost all the Yash series http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif ....

I'll just get that NUG 2000 and even the score! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Blue-Hawk
Aug 13, 2003, 11:37 PM
On 2003-08-13 19:25, Reece wrote:
Level 134 RAmar Always good rare CUZ I DON'T GIVE UP! just keep looking and stop whining

Level 167 ramarl. Never see red boxes anymore. Hasnt seen one in 10 levels or so.

Soukosa
Aug 13, 2003, 11:44 PM
On 2003-08-13 16:55, fury02 wrote:
ditch the character....for me purplenum has been nothing but a burden. What do I find? mechguns, mechguns, MECHGUNS!! Its enough to drive you insane! Today i found two L&K14 combats, yesterday i found two, and this whole week added up i've found 10!! Its so annoying! But hey if you want to find lots of mechguns go on right ahead...

I wish people would stop putting posts like this. Most IDs are like that. I find tons of 9 star swords with my Skyly, wands with my Pinkal, and slicers with my Redria, yet you don't hear me making a big deal about it.

Stalfos333
Aug 13, 2003, 11:53 PM
Aye, It's true that almost all the IDs have a pretty common drop all the time, that gets kind of annoying (Yellowboze doesn't seem to have that one item you hate, but it's a strange ID). The only ID I really advise against is Oran, however. Yes, Oran's common drops tend to be annoying, but the reason I'd advise against it is because it isn't a good ID for the characters that should be using it. It's one of the LAST IDs a person should use, and then only for the ease of getting Star Amps and Syncestas.

Purplenum is not a bad ID, just a bad ID for a standalone FoMar...

Richard
Aug 14, 2003, 12:02 AM
On 2003-08-13 21:44, Kalonera wrote:
I wish people would stop putting posts like this. Most IDs are like that.

That would require common sense, which most people lack. So don't look forward to that happening anytime soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard on 2003-08-13 22:02 ]</font>

Storme
Aug 14, 2003, 05:59 AM
I'm a Purplenumm, and I'm great with it. Especially now that I'm online.
Gave me my best mechs for my HUmar. Found a H&S with 65 hit one day for him, and one with 60 for my FOmar the next. Come to this of it... everything I've found offline has Hit%.

Octavian
Aug 14, 2003, 06:33 AM
I'm not even going to get into what I've found with my purplenum, I've done it enough. Best decision I ever made. On a side note, another purplenum was showing me today a set of H&S untekked at 85 hit. my eyes went O.O

Weif
Aug 14, 2003, 08:13 AM
n_n i also have a purple FOmar n_n theyre ok its not like u find things u cant use http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif but i made him to counter balance my pink RAcast -_- they provide each other items, it works. *shrug*

darthsaber9x9
Aug 14, 2003, 08:38 AM
IMO greenill is better for rangers

Dhylec
Aug 14, 2003, 08:54 AM
i have a pur. fomar & i aint complaining..
rely on 1 id for rares is not a good thing -- the game spread rares all over the ids!
i, myself, have 7 chars [7 ids] to support & find rares for each other.. not to mention my bros' chars too

fury02
Aug 14, 2003, 10:41 AM
On 2003-08-13 21:44, Kalonera wrote:

On 2003-08-13 16:55, fury02 wrote:

I wish people would stop putting posts like this. Most IDs are like that. I find tons of 9 star swords with my Skyly, wands with my Pinkal, and slicers with my Redria, yet you don't hear me making a big deal about it.

Kalonera my point is that hes not going to be able to find any good items that he needs for is FOmar...they just don't mix...he's going to find it dificult to get what he wants with that character.

Octavian
Aug 14, 2003, 01:22 PM
Well, one day, he may want a psycho wand. Or, a branch of paku paku, if he is less amitious.