PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Should I head over to the Dark Side?

Zinger314
Aug 13, 2003, 07:44 PM
(No, this isn't a KOTOR fan topic!)

Since I recently got into ULT with my Lv. 92 RAmarl (I gained levels fast), there was something that didn't comfort me. I think my ATA is about 900, but I only do about 50 un-Shiftaed, 130 Shiftaed, and 230 Shiftaed (with type percents) with my Spread Needle.

From the topic title you obviously see the question. Should I use Al Rappy slots to boost my ATP to a reasonable high? How many of them should I use so that no one would be suspicious? (ie. I won't do 800 damage) Should I use them offline?

Also, I heard rumors of a bug that happends when you die when you have Al Rappys equipped. Is this true?

Also, is it normal for a Spread Needle with 315 ATA to miss it's Extra attack often on Ult?

Also, do I have too many alsos?

primer567
Aug 13, 2003, 08:36 PM
There is no bug and use 2 Al's at the most.

Zinger314
Aug 13, 2003, 10:15 PM
Well, I was doing some testing, and I can equip one Al Rappy just fine, but equipping the second one acutally goes over my class limit! (barely, only by about 30 ATP).

So I guess I can only use one Al Rappy.

Are you positive there isn't a bug? I don't want to lose my character due to a stupid move...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2003-08-13 20:16 ]</font>

Nei3rd
Aug 13, 2003, 10:30 PM
Just equip one. You'll be fine. It's a nice boost without being overkill.

Solidus_Snake
Aug 13, 2003, 11:16 PM
they can be handy. Lamer harcore legits will flame such threads. Like i say id rather have fun and kill than struggle and suffer

Zinger314
Aug 13, 2003, 11:26 PM
Yeah...now I don;t feel guilty about using it...I'll use it over my God/HP.

MY main concern is, is there a bug if you die while having an Al Rappy equipped? I already had a verification, but I want to be 100% sure.

Logicone
Aug 13, 2003, 11:35 PM
I used to have an Al Rappy on my HUmar, and as far as i can tell, the only bug would be losing ATP from accidently maxing it out. I died quite a few times, and nothing happened.

primer567
Aug 14, 2003, 02:16 AM
I dont have problems with Al Rappy's, I just got problems with low levels using 4 and doing immense damage.

Uber-Chan
Aug 14, 2003, 05:12 AM
On 2003-08-13 17:44, Zinger314 wrote:
(No, this isn't a KOTOR fan topic!)

Since I recently got into ULT with my Lv. 92 RAmarl (I gained levels fast), there was something that didn't comfort me. I think my ATA is about 900, but I only do about 50 un-Shiftaed, 130 Shiftaed, and 230 Shiftaed (with type percents) with my Spread Needle.

From the topic title you obviously see the question. Should I use Al Rappy slots to boost my ATP to a reasonable high? How many of them should I use so that no one would be suspicious? (ie. I won't do 800 damage) Should I use them offline?

Also, I heard rumors of a bug that happends when you die when you have Al Rappys equipped. Is this true?

Also, is it normal for a Spread Needle with 315 ATA to miss it's Extra attack often on Ult?

Also, do I have too many alsos?

Don't equip chicken wings..Sticky mess. =/

DesertFox
Aug 14, 2003, 12:04 PM
I never used Al Rappies for more than one day, because I found out how powerful they were and ditched them. I think anyone who uses Al Rappies is pathetic IMO. Low levels doing 1k of damage with them, think about it, high levels needing them... a little weak of a character.

Zinger314
Aug 14, 2003, 12:18 PM
On 2003-08-14 10:04, DesertFox wrote:
I never used Al Rappies for more than one day, because I found out how powerful they were and ditched them. I think anyone who uses Al Rappies is pathetic IMO. Low levels doing 1k of damage with them, think about it, high levels needing them... a little weak of a character.

I don't NEED them, it's just I'm using a character with a lower ATP, and I want to actually do some damage.

My character is now lv. 94, and the only enemy I can kill in a 3 hit combo with my SPread Needle is an El Rappy, assuming one hit is critical.

Obscenity
Aug 14, 2003, 01:47 PM
On 2003-08-14 10:18, Zinger314 wrote:

I don't NEED them, it's just I'm using a character with a lower ATP, and I want to actually do some damage.

My character is now lv. 94, and the only enemy I can kill in a 3 hit combo with my SPread Needle is an El Rappy, assuming one hit is critical.

The Spread Needle isn't exactly a powerful weapon to begin with, and L94 isn't very high for Ult, either. Don't let anyone else tell you how to play, though. If you want to use an Al Rappy, go ahead. I personally find them kind of cheap, but as long as anyone I'm playing with that has them isn't an EXP hog, I really don't care.

Zinger314
Aug 14, 2003, 02:04 PM
The Spread Needle isn't exactly a powerful weapon to begin with, and L94 isn't very high for Ult, either. Don't let anyone else tell you how to play, though. If you want to use an Al Rappy, go ahead. I personally find them kind of cheap, but as long as anyone I'm playing with that has them isn't an EXP hog, I really don't care.

I realize the Spread Needle isn't a powerful Weapon, but it's the only way I can actually get a hit on enemies online (I'm going to use a Frozen Shooter offline). I don't try to be an EXP hog, I just want to actually get a hit on the enemy before that J-sword deals 1600.

DesertFox
Aug 14, 2003, 03:31 PM
I'm level 120 RAcast with a bhirava mag that has 200 iq,120 sync, stats are 35/65/90/10 (mind accidently got stacked up by star atomizers). I'm happy doing 125 damage with my bringers rifle heavy attack. I got near maxed ata so I can take 1/4 of their hp away.

Anyway, you can use them if you want. If you want to play legit, don't use rappies, if you want to deal out more damage, use them, you don't have to tell anyone you use them. Just make up some BS like you've found lots of power materials or something.

Tekershee
Aug 14, 2003, 03:48 PM
My RAcast with Max ATP and a Spread Needle can't kill something in one combo.

You say you do 200ish with Shifta?

Assuming one is critical it should do about 300?

200 + 200 + 300 = 700hp

I'm sure El Rappy has more than that.

Anyway I would just use one. Then you could just say yuor ATP is quite high or something.

gallaugher
Aug 14, 2003, 04:46 PM
On 2003-08-13 21:16, Solidus_Snake wrote:
Lamer harcore legits will flame such threads.

Sounds like you're the only one worried about lamer hardcore legits. Almost a whole day & no flames in this thread. There must not being any people like that left.

Ranger_Larry
Aug 14, 2003, 07:50 PM

94 isn't high level http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

DesertFox
Aug 14, 2003, 09:16 PM
I never said you were a high level. I said anyone who's a low level using them to use TJSwords or do 1000 damage is cheap, anyone who uses them at a high level (like lvl 160+) is also dumb, since they shouldn't need them.

Solidus_Snake
Aug 14, 2003, 11:04 PM
And thats a good thing there arent any flamers. I use one on my character so she can hold her own

Firocket1690
Aug 15, 2003, 05:57 AM
weee !!11

I'm a "lamer hardcore legit" !! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

No, I don't flame, so YaY !!

let's see ...if you ran through the game properly, you should've reached offline ult at aprox 75-85

I twinked my HUmar with items (that I found with my FO)
to have an easier time going up to ultimate...
I mean ... to start Seaside RUNS (Sealed J), you have to be strong enough to pwn stuff ...
anywho ... I started ULT at lvl 49

On Topic:

I assume you're on PSO XBOX...
since the Al Rappy boosts by 23x forgot exact number...
it usually overwhelmes the ATP of the current level
if you're trying to do runs to look for a certain item, equip whatever you want and do it offline. If you're going to use them casually ONline, one at max, or else others might get suspicious about you and leave..

DesertFox
Aug 15, 2003, 12:26 PM
On 2003-08-15 03:57, Firocket1690 wrote:
I assume you're on PSO XBOX...
since the Al Rappy boosts by 23x forgot exact number...
it usually overwhelmes the ATP of the current level
if you're trying to do runs to look for a certain item, equip whatever you want and do it offline. If you're going to use them casually ONline, one at max, or else others might get suspicious about you and leave..

Al Rappys boosts ATP by 255 in that area. I leave if I see someone using more than one, even if they are doing crap for damage. If using one, I don't mind as long as they aren't Guld Millas with 600 damage each hit. Some people use them when they are making a mag, hell I was considering it a while back, but you can make a mag without having to use it. And everyone has come across atleast 5 rares mags by the time they reach Ult while playing online.

So the only reason IMO to use Al Rappys is for offline hunting, where it doesn't effect the players around you by stealing exp.

Smile
Aug 15, 2003, 04:05 PM
i say unequip the rappy and use a heaven's punisher. or if you're really mean equip it and use the punisher (assuming atp boosts hpunisher dmg). watch the jay sworders cry about exp.

me, i never used al rappies on any char...

Zinger314
Aug 15, 2003, 05:58 PM
On 2003-08-15 14:05, Smile wrote:
i say unequip the rappy and use a heaven's punisher. or if you're really mean equip it and use the punisher (assuming atp boosts hpunisher dmg). watch the jay sworders cry about exp.

me, i never used al rappies on any char...

Heaven's Punisher on Ult? Not exactly the smartest idea.

I've been gaining lots of levels recently (doing some HS runs), and now I'm at lv. 101. I can acutally hold my own in the Ruins now. (Only died once or twice during Falz)

DesertFox
Aug 15, 2003, 08:44 PM
Why no heavins punisher on ult? It does like 120 damage per hit, always hits, hits every enemy quickly, you do lots of a damage to a group or boss, works IMO if it is a legit one. I never used one but I just look at the stats.

Raxxon_Ironis
Aug 15, 2003, 11:20 PM
Question:
Al Rappy unit; Cheat or Legitimate Item?

Zinger314
Aug 15, 2003, 11:28 PM
On 2003-08-15 21:20, Raxxon_Ironis wrote:
Question:
Al Rappy unit; Cheat or Legitimate Item?

You think an item that gives about 5 times as much ATP as a God/Power (which is a 11 star rare) is legitimate?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2003-08-15 21:28 ]</font>

Raxxon_Ironis
Aug 15, 2003, 11:43 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but I have never cheated before, and have only heard of the Al Rappy unit in passing reference, so I didn't know anything about it. Don't go treating me like I just killed your pet dog.

Zinger314
Aug 15, 2003, 11:51 PM
On 2003-08-15 21:43, Raxxon_Ironis wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but I have never cheated before, and have only heard of the Al Rappy unit in passing reference, so I didn't know anything about it. Don't go treating me like I just killed your pet dog.

I don't have a dog, so that analogy is awkward.

Also, I wasn't trying to be offensive. It was supposed to be irony.

Smile
Aug 18, 2003, 01:29 PM
heaven's punisher on ult alone is stupid. however, a j sword and heaven's punisher being used in 1 game suggests more than one character. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif