PDA

View Full Version : New 'Message' and it's bad faults...

Myriddian
Mar 24, 2001, 09:56 PM
Well as i was playing last night i noticed that lovely, 'User has an item with incorrect data'. First thing i saw with my wifes charecter was, some idiot saying DROP it. That is an illegal item and you can be banned or deleted for it.

I dislike attitudes like this, he was complaining later that people took him for a fool when he played earlier. The unfortunate part is, that IF i wasnt playing a the time. My wife might have actually dropped the items, it's hard to tell. But that peeves me.

I dont honestly recall signing a EULA or a User Agreement stating i would not use 'modified' items in the game. I do realize that it is 'THEIR' servers. But they also do not have anything saying that this 'conduct' will no be tolerated.

The only thing that bugs me about this new 'option' is that they could have done it WAYY better. If they want us to AGREE to terms like this, they should have a EULA or a User Agreement when you first enter Online mode, and stating theese are the things you ABSOLUTEY CANNOT DO OR YOU WOULD BE BANNED.

It would not be hard for them to do this, but they are stretching their arms t make this a BETTER game, IN THE WRONG way.

Maybe if the 'team leader' could just see that a user has an incorrect item, do you mind?

Or it could comeup with a screen saying 'Your item Opa-Opa is level 999, the legal limit for Opa-Opa is 200, if you wish to continue playing online you must delete this item from your inventory. Would you like to signoff? Or would you like me to DELETE it completely?".

That would make more sense, and remove some 14 year old with a hair up his b.utt trying to screw people out of items.

I just honestly wish Sega would be smarter, i feel that PSO is going to be their downfall. It's a great game, BUT. They keep 'modifying' the rules and adding things. Thus making it harder to obtain the level you want. Also making an Ultimate option in version 2, will only make trading worse!!!

Thus allowing some level 12 to be given some extravagant item for nothing, and having some level 25 whining and trying to steal it from the level 12.

No one has to reply, or care. But i had to rant and rave about Sega's stupidity.

If they didnt want people with GS to ruin the game, why not make GS only rooms. Where regular players cannot go, and GS players cannot go in regular rooms. That way YOU are not RUINING the game if you have a hacked 100.

Also keep in mind, for those who dislike GS for whatever reason, you can always create your own team, and password protect it. so no one can join your team that you dont want. That is why that option exists.

I hope Sega reads this and says duh were dumb, but i realize that wont happen. they could still be selling the dreamcast at 149.99 and making a DC2 at this point, if they reaized the potential of PSO and other games.

Sincerely,

Myriddian level 79 Feonewmn
Ariel blocks 1-god knows.

Nowyn
Mar 25, 2001, 03:24 AM
mmkay, I feel for ya, I really do. Well, not really. Cheating sucks, more than you possibly know, I dont trade, however it sucks when a rare weapon like lets say a delsaber's buster is no longer valuable cause people hack or dupe too much. After you beat the game and hit level 100 the fun is trying to get rare weapons and make your character more 1337. Sega can do whatever they want on their servers, if you dont like it, go somewhere else. I love america, we whine about how people are rude to us, then be inconsiderate morons. Not that I am calling you one, I just find your post very self centered. Just a side note, I've never had a problem with their rules, neither have any of my friends, we dont use GS neither do we dupe. I figure you use common sense you'll do well.