PDA

View Full Version : Question about PS2.....

ImStillBetterThanU
Aug 14, 2003, 01:44 AM
I've finally caved in and decided to buy a PS2. I need to know, do you have to do anything, or "tweek" the PS2 in order for it to play the PS1 games, or do you just pop them in like any other game? Also, does anyone know if the command and conquer games for PS1 are backwards compatible for the PS2, I heard that some games aren't. Well, thanks in advance.

Enyalis_Cho
Aug 14, 2003, 01:50 AM
Most PS1 games can be played on the PS2, and I personally haven't come across any that won't. I'm sure there are some though, so if you want to try 'tweeking' your PS2 to be compatable with them, then be careful. A friend of mine tried to do this so he could play imported games and really screwed up the DVD function of his PS2.

eXo
Aug 14, 2003, 03:22 AM
Nah you should be good to go out of the box,and almost everygame is backwards compatible with ps2. As far as tweeking your PS 2 to play import games,i forgot what the name is but check your local ebgames-electronic beautique they sell a book this that allows you to play imported games http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. It should be located somewhere by the assessories next to the PS 2 to Gamecube controller converters. But seem to sell out really fast but are both worth having.

Sedyne
Aug 14, 2003, 08:20 AM
On 2003-08-13 23:44, ImStillBetterThanU wrote:
I've finally caved in and decided to buy a PS2. I need to know, do you have to do anything, or "tweek" the PS2 in order for it to play the PS1 games, or do you just pop them in like any other game? Also, does anyone know if the command and conquer games for PS1 are backwards compatible for the PS2, I heard that some games aren't. Well, thanks in advance.

No, you don't need to tweak it. And I believe there is a list of about 12-20 games that aren't compatibale, but most of them suck anyway.

Reenee
Aug 14, 2003, 10:07 AM
The only "tweaking" you might have to do on certain PS1 games is reverting the PS2's disc read and graphical settings back to normal. I'm guessing few PS1 games don't like the disc read speedup and the graphical enhancement.

Kent
Aug 15, 2003, 02:35 AM
I don't know of any games that have major compatability issues, but in Breath of Fire 3, I think, if you turn up the disc speed it speeds up some of the music, and in Chrono Cross using the texture smoothing will greatly enhance the game's looks, but mess up the alpha channel on some particle effects. However, speeding up the CD data loading on Chrono Cross makes the transition between the field and battles absolutely seamless (which looks very nice with the transition effect used in that game).