PDA

View Full Version : 195 MIND mags...

Dunedain
Aug 14, 2003, 09:42 AM
I really need one of these things for my soon to be new FOnewearl. However, a friend tells me that you HAVE to have a system mag to get 195 of a certain stat. If there is any possible way to get at least 2 photon blasts (ie, 2 transformations) then I think it can be done, but I don't know how... I'm in sort of a dilemma because I really need a mag (specifically, 195 mind) that has at least the twins and something else as its PBs. And yes, it has to be precisely 195 mind. Anything else and I cannot max all my stats that I want to max (which are dfp/evp/mst) by level 200 with just one god ability(except perhaps the 200 mind mag floating around).

PS - If someone has or can get such a mag I'd like to know. Depeding on color/type, I'll pay more...

Lucas2k4
Aug 14, 2003, 10:08 AM
DO you want it to be an Ep.1 or 2 mag or any kind of mag?

fury02
Aug 14, 2003, 10:46 AM
You do need a systems mag to get the stats to 195. The only problem is that I've heard that system mags don't generate photon blast...

Dunedain
Aug 14, 2003, 12:13 PM
Which is precisely why I'm in such a dilemma, because I need 195 mind, but I don't want a system mag :S I might just have to get one... man this is one time I wish I could get someone to hack one actually... lol.

VioletSkye
Aug 14, 2003, 12:25 PM
you don't need 195 mind. None of the FO's (properly maxed) needs a mag with 195 mind. You best bet is to use Vulpes' Single Stat Mag guide to create a 185 mind mag. That way you get good pb's, and a little added defense and dex.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1026

And although I don't completely agree with the Maxing Char Stats guide, it does a very good job of helping someone outline a course for their char to follow.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=690

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-14 10:31 ]</font>

Seph5172
Aug 14, 2003, 01:51 PM
Not to sound like an outcast, but you could use the max stat trick with a God/Mind to boost it by 40 just once. That way you don't need the 195, and 185 (which is what most mags are at, that still have PB's and aren't systems).

I know it's a frowned on suggestion, but hell, if you're in such a big dilema.

Otherwise, I could give you a few Mind Materials... Only about 2-3 through, all I have.

Dunedain
Aug 14, 2003, 02:16 PM
No. I saw the max stat trick, but I wanna have three free slots for god hps (desperately needed). Thanks though. But yea... anyways, I might just have to get a system mag then I guess. There goes combo pbing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

VioletSkye
Aug 14, 2003, 02:38 PM
On 2003-08-14 12:16, Dunedain wrote:
No. I saw the max stat trick, but I wanna have three free slots for god hps (desperately needed). Thanks though. But yea... anyways, I might just have to get a system mag then I guess. There goes combo pbing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

The max stats trick wouldn't take up any slots in your armor LOL. Although, if you are legit then you should stay legit. Also, just out of curiousity why do you think you need a mag with 195 mind when its totally unnecessary? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Also why are you trying to max EVP on a FO? She will definitely not be a melee fighter and EVP only applies to melee attacks, not ranged or tech attacks. She really shouldn't be that close to the fray anyway LOL. I would recommend making a mag with 10 Def, 5 Dex and 185 Mind. Then use 18 Def mats to max Defense out, 90 Mind mats to max Mind and put the remaining 42 mats into Evade if you want to. You will only be 64 points from max that way.

Even with a 195 Mind mag, you won't be able to max those stats anyway. Take the following info into account.

At level 200 your Fo will have by default 334 out of 390 Def, 1200 out of 1750 MST and 735 out of 883 EVP. Now with a 195 mind mag, you boost the 1200 to 1590 MST (a difference of 160 MST from the max.) Your also boost your Def by a total of 10 making it 344 (a difference of 46 DFP from the max.) That leaves you with a difference of 148 EVP (883-735) Which adds up to a total of 354 points total that would need to be made up by mats. A Fonewearl can only have 150 mats which would boost your points a maximum of 300 points, leaving you 54 points short from maxing those 3 stats. If there are any errors in my statement, by all means feel free to correct them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif So even with a God unit (God Body or God leg giving 50 points each) you'll still be 4 short of maxing those 3 stats if you want to use the other 3 slots for God HP's.

My wording is bad sometimes (even though in my head I know what I mean LOL) What I'm saying is that you will be able to max out only 2 of the 3 stats you want and still leaving 3 slots for God HP's. Your third stat will be 4 points off of the max in the scenario I described above.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-14 13:18 ]</font>

Soukosa
Aug 14, 2003, 03:30 PM
On 2003-08-14 12:38, VioletSkye wrote:
Also why are you trying to max EVP on a FO? She will definitely not be a melee fighter and EVP only applies to melee attacks, not ranged or tech attacks. She really shouldn't be that close to the fray anyway LOL.

So many people say that those that fight up close don't need that much DFP or EVP. The thing is though, you're not always going to be far away from the enemies and alot of the rooms aren't wide open spaces where you simply stay out harms way. Then you got those enemies that can attack from a distance, like Belras (which, with enough EVP, you can block their arms).

VioletSkye
Aug 14, 2003, 04:44 PM
On 2003-08-14 13:30, Kalonera wrote:

On 2003-08-14 12:38, VioletSkye wrote:
Also why are you trying to max EVP on a FO? She will definitely not be a melee fighter and EVP only applies to melee attacks, not ranged or tech attacks. She really shouldn't be that close to the fray anyway LOL.

So many people say that those that fight up close don't need that much DFP or EVP. The thing is though, you're not always going to be far away from the enemies and alot of the rooms aren't wide open spaces where you simply stay out harms way. Then you got those enemies that can attack from a distance, like Belras (which, with enough EVP, you can block their arms).

True and in that case I can see boosting Def. But I think with Fonewearl's naturally high evp, that it isn't necessary to concentrate on that stat or worry about maxing it out. materials and mag stats can be put to much better use with her.

Keep in mind that she already has the highest EVP of her class. In fact her EVP is higher than all the HU's except Hucaseal. So I'm just saying its kind of pointless to worry about EVP on a Fonewearl.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-14 14:48 ]</font>

Soukosa
Aug 14, 2003, 05:09 PM
On 2003-08-14 14:44, VioletSkye wrote:
True and in that case I can see boosting Def. But I think with Fonewearl's naturally high evp, that it isn't necessary to concentrate on that stat or worry about maxing it out. materials and mag stats can be put to much better use with her.

Keep in mind that she already has the highest EVP of her class. In fact her EVP is higher than all the HU's except Hucaseal. So I'm just saying its kind of pointless to worry about EVP on a Fonewearl.

I wouldn't say it's pointless to work with their EVP since it does take a good amount of EVP to really get it to the point of working well. I'd say one should concentrate on maxing out DFP and MST on a FOnewearl and use what's left to get EVP as close to the max as possible (if not fully max it out).

VioletSkye
Aug 14, 2003, 05:15 PM
On 2003-08-14 15:09, Kalonera wrote:

On 2003-08-14 14:44, VioletSkye wrote:

I wouldn't say it's pointless to work with their EVP since it does take a good amount of EVP to really get it to the point of working well. I'd say one should concentrate on maxing out DFP and MST on a FOnewearl and use what's left to get EVP as close to the max as possible (if not fully max it out).

heh thats exactly what I said above. max out her MST and DFP, then use the remaining mats for EVP is they want. Also I think it would behoove someone to give up the extra 10 MST points (195 mind vs. the 185 mind mag) in exchange for good PB's. Just seems like a smarter move. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Personally I think dex would be a much smarter stat to boost than EVP. Like I said Fonewearl has naturally high EVP already, why not boost dex a little and use a nice Draw series gun to replenish her TP or HP from time to time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-14 15:24 ]</font>

Soukosa
Aug 14, 2003, 05:25 PM
On 2003-08-14 15:15, VioletSkye wrote:
heh thats exactly what I said above. max out her MST and DFP, then use the remaining mats for EVP is they want. Also I think it would behoove someone to give up the extra 10 MST points (195 mind vs. the 185 mind mag) in exchange for good PB's. Just seems like a smarter move. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I've found PBs to be fairly useless with a tech casting FO, since the PB meter doesn't go up when hit enemies with techs, only with physical attacks. So, the only way it does go up is by getting hitting by the enemies. For me, that doesn't happen too often, even in the areas where I'm getting the snot beat out of me.

VioletSkye
Aug 14, 2003, 05:30 PM
On 2003-08-14 15:25, Kalonera wrote:

I've found PBs to be fairly useless with a tech casting FO, since the PB meter doesn't go up when hit enemies with techs, only with physical attacks. So, the only way it does go up is by getting hitting by the enemies. For me, that doesn't happen too often, even in the areas where I'm getting the snot beat out of me.

But would you say that the measly 10 points you keep are worth that much more than PB's? For a Fo with low levels of Deband and Shifta, it can make a huge difference, especially for a Fomar when he feels like doing some melee. And you're right, the meter doesn't exactly soar up the scale at breakneck speed, but I have still found it worthwhile on occassion.

Soukosa
Aug 14, 2003, 06:50 PM
On 2003-08-14 15:30, VioletSkye wrote:
But would you say that the measly 10 points you keep are worth that much more than PB's? For a Fo with low levels of Deband and Shifta, it can make a huge difference, especially for a Fomar when he feels like doing some melee. And you're right, the meter doesn't exactly soar up the scale at breakneck speed, but I have still found it worthwhile on occassion.

I wouldn't bother making a mag that's drifted so far over to just one stat. Also, why would a melee FO use a mag with 195 MIND? I've been meleeing with my FOmarl since she was lv 1 and a mag like that isn't going to do much, same as one with 195 POW.

Monomate
Aug 14, 2003, 07:33 PM
On 2003-08-14 15:25, Kalonera wrote:

ya...i'm the same way. the only useful photon blast for a FO is Mylla and Youlla (because if you're lazy it's better than casting S/D...which takes a little more time, and you are vulnerable). and i almost never get a Photon blast anyway so that's why i don't really care that my Rati lvl 200 only has 2 PB's (but he's a little handicapped for a FOnewearl MAG...i gave it 25/50/25/100 lol no FOnewearl needs 50 pow! but i raising a new one to be 50/0/0/150) anyway, i would listen to violetskye, because the 10 extra mind points aren't worth it, even though for a FOnewearl PB's are almost worthless...and uh...don't worry too much about your evasion...it's enough to survive.

VioletSkye
Aug 14, 2003, 07:47 PM
On 2003-08-14 16:50, Kalonera wrote:

I wouldn't bother making a mag that's drifted so far over to just one stat. Also, why would a melee FO use a mag with 195 MIND? I've been meleeing with my FOmarl since she was lv 1 and a mag like that isn't going to do much, same as one with 195 POW.

I never said a melee fo should use a 195 mind mag. I was against the 195 mind mag LOL. But the original poster was saying he needed that to max out his char. I was saying even with that it wouldn't max and if he wanted a mag with such one-sided stats that he would be better off at least getting a few PB's with it. Also if you have descent dex and use a draw series gun often enough you can charge the meter alot faster and make it actually worthwhile on occassion. Again, I DON'T think a melee fo needs a 195 mag. Not sure where you got that from http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Soukosa
Aug 14, 2003, 08:29 PM
On 2003-08-14 17:47, VioletSkye wrote:

I never said a melee fo should use a 195 mind mag. I was against the 195 mind mag LOL. But the original poster was saying he needed that to max out his char. I was saying even with that it wouldn't max and if he wanted a mag with such one-sided stats that he would be better off at least getting a few PB's with it. Also if you have descent dex and use a draw series gun often enough you can charge the meter alot faster and make it actually worthwhile on occassion. Again, I DON'T think a melee fo needs a 195 mag. Not sure where you got that from http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

You talked about how the S/D from a PB could be used with a FOmar that wants to do some melee, in reference to a non-system mind mag.

VioletSkye
Aug 14, 2003, 08:45 PM
On 2003-08-14 18:29, Kalonera wrote:

On 2003-08-14 17:47, VioletSkye wrote:

You talked about how the S/D from a PB could be used with a FOmar that wants to do some melee, in reference to a non-system mind mag.

yeah, but I didn't mean he should use a 195 mind mag. I think you have misunderstood what I'm saying, or maybe i didn't express it very well. I meant a melee Fomar would benefit from Mylla and Youlla regardless of how high the mind stat was raised in a mag. I wasn't referring to any specific level of mind. My point is this (i'll try to keep it concise LOL)

I DON'T think the poster needs a 195 mind mag, but if he wants to have really high mind, he might be better off using a non system mag and at least adding some PB's to it. I then mentioned that a Fo using a draw series wep to regain TP or even HP can raise the meter enough to use a PB occassionally. That was literally my only point, other than the fact that I mentioned in my post that even if the poster made a 195 mind mag, he would still not be able to max all 3 stats and that the EVP was high enough that IMO it would behoove him to sink some points into Dex. Hope I made better sense that time http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Like I said, I don't always phrase things very well LOL>

Soukosa
Aug 14, 2003, 09:17 PM
On 2003-08-14 18:45, VioletSkye wrote:
yeah, but I didn't mean he should use a 195 mind mag. I think you have misunderstood what I'm saying, or maybe i didn't express it very well. I meant a melee Fomar would benefit from Mylla and Youlla regardless of how high the mind stat was raised in a mag. I wasn't referring to any specific level of mind. My point is this (i'll try to keep it concise LOL)

I DON'T think the poster needs a 195 mind mag, but if he wants to have really high mind, he might be better off using a non system mag and at least adding some PB's to it. I then mentioned that a Fo using a draw series wep to regain TP or even HP can raise the meter enough to use a PB occassionally. That was literally my only point, other than the fact that I mentioned in my post that even if the poster made a 195 mind mag, he would still not be able to max all 3 stats and that the EVP was high enough that IMO it would behoove him to sink some points into Dex. Hope I made better sense that time http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Like I said, I don't always phrase things very well LOL>

Yeah, you didn't quite phrase things too well. In my eyes, no class needs a mag that concentrates purely on just one stat. I also find it easier to just use fluids to restore TP and then put what's used on DEX into other stats (even though I get some DEX when I make a mind Sato). But, I am quite concervetive with TP and tech levels, so I don't have to restore TP too often.

Dunedain
Aug 14, 2003, 09:22 PM
D'oh. Did I say max stat trick? My mind was obviously elsewhere. I MEANT to say, furrybagi's way of maxing stats. I probably have alot of stuff to clarify: I probably wouldn't care much about maxing evp. But my level 188 RAcast is starting to see the power of evp (and he still has like 300 evp less than a FOnewearl can get!). Even with just 1003 EVP, he can block 10%+ of ruin attacks. Imagine with 1290 evp (yes, 1290 - I calculated this to the exact point how much a maxed FOne can get with the best things equipped). And heck, you might as well max out dfp/evp/mst if you can. Are you ever gonna attack? Then why max atp? And there is no use in maxing ata in luck either, for the main reasons. Why do I need a level 195 mind mag? Because I used a character manager and it is the only way it will work (unless, you use the 200 mind mag that is hacked, which I might just plan on using this, even though it's kinda cheap and overrused online).

But yea, @ level 200 a FOne has these stats:

ATP 483(583)
DFP 339(390)
MST 1200(1750)
ATA 133(186)
EVP 735(883)
LCK 10(100)

I think we can all agree on this. Now, to max evp/mst/dfp with a 195 mind mag I was planning on this:

DFP 339(390) - 16 DFP mats (339 + 32 = 371)
EVP 735(883) - 64 EVP mats (735 + 128 = 863)
MST 1200(175) - 70 MST mats (1200 + 140 + 390 (195 mind mag) = 1730)

Now, you can see that everything that I wanted to max is 20 from max. This is where the almighty god/ability comes into play - this will finish each off to total max at level 200, leaving three whole free slots for anything you want (god/hp, cure freeze, perfect/resist, whatever you want). But the reason why anything other than 195 mind in your mag won't work, is because that would mean applying extra stats to either defense, accuracy, or power in your mag. Accuracy and power is definately nullified in this, because those can't possibly max dfp/evp/mst. And you can't possibly apply extra points to defense either, because dfp materials add 2 defense, while dfp in your mag only adds 1. You cannot supplement mats/mag stats in this instance. I hope I made sense here, I just wanted to totally clarify the reason behind my madness... Lol.

VioletSkye
Aug 14, 2003, 09:37 PM
True but I also don't think you should spread yourself thin either. Otherwise you end up being the master of none. For instance, it would be pointless (IMO) to waste points in Pow for a fonewearl. I suppose there are two schools of thought on this. One is that its best to go with a char's strengths as best you can even if the char ends up not being well balanced. The other side of that being, that you should try to create a well balanced char. I tend to favor the first philosophy because if you try and balance out a char too much you end up not excelling at anything, but I also don't think its wise to completely ignore all other stats. As you said, DFP is important as well as EVP (although I believe the Fonewearl has high enough EVP that you don't need to sink anything else into it.) It also comes down to a person's specific playing style.

yes it is easier to use fluids to replenish TP. But you can't buy fluids when you're fighting a boss, and it can save you from having to pipe up to P2 all the time to buy more. Even conservative players can benefit from replenishing TP by other means.

Dunedain
Aug 14, 2003, 09:42 PM
Yes, when I speak of 3 free slots that is much later on. For now I will probably plan on slapping on 3-4 god minds to beef up my already uber MST http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif I should be getting my new memory card soon (all 4 other cards filled :S) and I can try this out. I am SO going to own normal mode, level 30 techs, maxed mats (getting from friend soon hopefully), and foie merge. (And, of course, uber mind mag) *Wonders how much foie will do to normal mode booma*. Well you can be sure I will come back with a report on that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Man I can't wait, this is going to be a lot of fun - hopefully even more so than when I made my FOnewm.

VioletSkye
Aug 14, 2003, 09:45 PM
On 2003-08-14 19:22, Dunedain wrote:
D'oh. Did I say max stat trick? My mind was obviously elsewhere. I MEANT to say, furrybagi's way of maxing stats. I probably have alot of stuff to clarify: I probably wouldn't care much about maxing evp. But my level 188 RAcast is starting to see the power of evp (and he still has like 300 evp less than a FOnewearl can get!). Even with just 1003 EVP, he can block 10%+ of ruin attacks. Imagine with 1290 evp (yes, 1290 - I calculated this to the exact point how much a maxed FOne can get with the best things equipped). And heck, you might as well max out dfp/evp/mst if you can. Are you ever gonna attack? Then why max atp? And there is no use in maxing ata in luck either, for the main reasons. Why do I need a level 195 mind mag? Because I used a character manager and it is the only way it will work (unless, you use the 200 mind mag that is hacked, which I might just plan on using this, even though it's kinda cheap and overrused online).

But yea, @ level 200 a FOne has these stats:

ATP 483(583)
DFP 339(390)
MST 1200(1750)
ATA 133(186)
EVP 735(883)
LCK 10(100)

I think we can all agree on this. Now, to max evp/mst/dfp with a 195 mind mag I was planning on this:

DFP 339(390) - 16 DFP mats (339 + 32 = 371)
EVP 735(883) - 64 EVP mats (735 + 128 = 863)
MST 1200(175) - 70 MST mats (1200 + 140 + 390 (195 mind mag) = 1730)

Now, you can see that everything that I wanted to max is 20 from max. This is where the almighty god/ability comes into play - this will finish each off to total max at level 200, leaving three whole free slots for anything you want (god/hp, cure freeze, perfect/resist, whatever you want). But the reason why anything other than 195 mind in your mag won't work, is because that would mean applying extra stats to either defense, accuracy, or power in your mag. Accuracy and power is definately nullified in this, because those can't possibly max dfp/evp/mst. And you can't possibly apply extra points to defense either, because dfp materials add 2 defense, while dfp in your mag only adds 1. You cannot supplement mats/mag stats in this instance. I hope I made sense here, I just wanted to totally clarify the reason behind my madness... Lol.

Makes sense, although the only thing I would do differently is sink some points into dex as opposed to EVP. But then again it depends on style of play. My Fo hides in the halls and RARELY if ever gets into a situation where she is getting slapped around by enemies. So for me dex was nice because I could take out enemies with a combo of techs and photons and refill TP at the same time. But hey, thats what makes the game great. We all have the freedom to create and evolve a char according to our playing style and opinions. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dunedain
Aug 14, 2003, 09:50 PM
Ah my bad, no wonder that second to last past made no sense. It wasn't directed to me, LOL. I feel dumb now...

VioletSkye
Aug 14, 2003, 09:52 PM
On 2003-08-14 19:42, Dunedain wrote:
Yes, when I speak of 3 free slots that is much later on. For now I will probably plan on slapping on 3-4 god minds to beef up my already uber MST http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif I should be getting my new memory card soon (all 4 other cards filled :S) and I can try this out. I am SO going to own normal mode, level 30 techs, maxed mats (getting from friend soon hopefully), and foie merge. (And, of course, uber mind mag) *Wonders how much foie will do to normal mode booma*. Well you can be sure I will come back with a report on that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Man I can't wait, this is going to be a lot of fun - hopefully even more so than when I made my FOnewm.

Heh, here's a shot of my maxed out Fonewearl. She had level 30 techs also and owned normal, hard and vhard LOL
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/rlc/fo.jpg
BTW thats with NO units or mag. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-14 19:54 ]</font>

Dunedain
Aug 14, 2003, 09:55 PM
LOL... you cheater you! Hey, I do hope you don't actually plan on using that character though, because max stat users and (especially!) multi equip users really get on my nerves :S

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dunedain on 2003-08-14 19:55 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Aug 14, 2003, 09:59 PM
On 2003-08-14 19:55, Dunedain wrote:
LOL... you cheater you! Hey, I do hope you don't actually plan on using that character though, because max stat users and (especially!) multi equip users really get on my nerves :S

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dunedain on 2003-08-14 19:55 ]</font>

All my maxed chars I only play offline. Online I either play legit or semi-legit. I also have always said that I hated when people bum-rushed other peoples games and bogarted the exp.

Dunedain
Aug 14, 2003, 10:01 PM
Well, that is good to hear. And for future reference - watch out for Sarevok (ok, I might have spelled that wrong) a level 178ish HUcast. He uses the darned multi equip... you'd think at such a level he'd know better, but apparently the temptation to use it has corrupted him.

VioletSkye
Aug 14, 2003, 10:05 PM
Been there, done that LOL. BTW that was a closed game with a friend and we were experimenting http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/rlc/owning.jpg