PDA

View Full Version : GC: One strke, I'm out. (And a message to ArmorNaroku and Ca

The_Enforcer
Aug 14, 2003, 10:12 PM
Right now, I'm nervous and angry, so if it seems like I'm rattling on, please forgive me. I just need to let out some steam.

You may remember in the thread "How many of you are offline only?" I said that if I ever suffered a data corruption, I'd go offline only. Well, it happened. I was in Antares 8 and entered a game. As the game was saving, it froze. I knew the familiar buzzing sound of the FSOD, I'd heard it many times, but the fact that it happened at this one choice moment, I couldn't help but remember all the things people on the servers had been telling me. I know it was put there to stop dupers, but I was legit, damn it all to hell! I had never even taken a gift from anyone for fear it would be a dupe. 214+ hours, stopping all the other games I'd been playing, and this happens. I hurriedly turned my Cube off and on, and the message "Your System File, Character File and Guild Card Files are corrupted and need to be deleted" comes on after the Sega and Sonic Team logos. And there it was. My characters (Enforcer, and a FOmarl I'd been starting up named Rosa), were gone. I didn't hesitate in following my word: I canceled my account, which is apparently effective the next billing cycle (Though I still need to call Sega as I'd been double billed). After this cycle ends or I get to talk to Naroku and Cammy in person, whichever comes first, I'm likely going to either put the dialup modem and the keyboard on ebay, or offer them for trade here (If permitted - moderators please comment). Am I going to stop playing PSO at all? No, it's a wonderful offline game. However, I'm not going to pay $9 USD a month if Sega is going to sit on its ass and do absolutely nothing about this crap. The cheaters you can ignore, or at least play with, but this is too, too much. I can tell you this - I'm not coming back. Not now, not ever.

To Naroku, I say this. I know I gave you a lot of hard times because I was suspicious of you duping. You've been a great friend, and I hope to talk to you more, either here or elsewhere. I know you don't like that I'm leaving, but please understand.

To Cammy, yeah I never liked that you duped. But you were a good friend despite it all. You were always there for a good laugh, and you always listened to me. Don't be a stranger just cause I'm not on the servers anymore, K?

To the people on the board, I know this sounds like pathetic whining, but thanks for reading this all the way through. I just needed somewhere to vent, and this was the best place I could think of. Thank you all, and expect me to be quite the regular on the boards. I might even write a fic or two.

Solidus_Snake
Aug 14, 2003, 10:16 PM
Thats why i like the box you dont have to worry about FSOD-X. But if that ever happened i would do the same

Heero_Yuy0w0
Aug 14, 2003, 10:32 PM
I've been corrupted so many times, to the point where I dont care if i get corrupted anymore. I'll just start a new character and move on. But it does suck everytime. =/

The_Enforcer
Aug 14, 2003, 10:55 PM
On 2003-08-14 20:32, Heero_Yuy0w0 wrote:
I've been corrupted so many times, to the point where I dont care if i get corrupted anymore. I'll just start a new character and move on. But it does suck everytime. =/

Indeed it does. The thing is, I'd be willing to keep going if it weren't pay to play, but since it IS, I think it's only natural to expect better. I don't see why we should be asked to pay to bet bent over and done up the back at a completely random inteval. I may - MAY try a PS2 online game if it has an offline side, but after this, it's going to take a very, very long time for anyone to convince me the console game makers (outside of MS) are ready or even WILLING to put the fullest of effort into making online gaming work. Too many people think they can just make the game and proceed to bilk their customers of millions a year, and that's just not going to happen.

polishedweasel
Aug 15, 2003, 01:55 AM
Well, corruption sucks regardless, but to just stop is to be a lamer. Pick up that control, and get your ass back online. You'll lv up in no time...and you coulsn't have been that high, because I've never seen you in the game or on the boards. I had a friend that corrupted at lv 191, and he still plays...he passed me up again. Anyway, just go back into it, you seem like you still love the game, so wear it out. ok..I'm done, NOW GO!

The_Enforcer
Aug 15, 2003, 02:00 AM
On 2003-08-14 23:55, polishedweasel wrote:
Well, corruption sucks regardless, but to just stop is to be a lamer. Pick up that control, and get your ass back online. You'll lv up in no time...and you coulsn't have been that high, because I've never seen you in the game or on the boards. I had a friend that corrupted at lv 191, and he still plays...he passed me up again. Anyway, just go back into it, you seem like you still love the game, so wear it out. ok..I'm done, NOW GO!

There's plenty of people on the game servers, and I never really did find a place to roost as far as a fave server goes, but I was indeed at lv 114. Too bad I never thought to make a snapshot. At any rate, I'll still play offline, like I said, but I'll save the 9/month online fee for a game that's well maintained by a staff that gives a damn. Lame? Perhaps. But I'd like to finish Ultimate at some point, and corruptions might get in the way.

polishedweasel
Aug 15, 2003, 02:42 AM
9 dollars a month isn't all that bad....I have to pay my parents 300 a month just to live here. So I say you got it easy when it comes to finance.

Mystil
Aug 15, 2003, 08:38 AM
^Coming from someone that doesn't even play the game anymore. =P *runs off*

And sorry about your corruption! I had that happen to me in the DC and it hurt so bad, cause I LOVED my character so much. >_>. Doubt it'll happen on the GC seeing as I barely even play my GC at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-08-15 06:38 ]</font>