PDA

View Full Version : PSO Features Nazi Salute!

NKOTB
Aug 14, 2003, 10:57 PM
I was playing my HUnewearl today and was holding a raygun when I cast Resta on myself.
The character does a sieg heil Nazi salute! I cast Resta again to verify what I had just seen. I did it again as I write this to verify I am not out of my mind. It's so obvious once you notice it, it's disgusting.

AUTO_
Aug 14, 2003, 11:03 PM

One could also say Ctrl+Shift+D (Male char) is the "Kiss my ass" gesture...but we don't want to jump to conclusions now, do we?

_Sinue_
Aug 14, 2003, 11:03 PM
Yes, everyone has known that Sega actually harbors the last reminants of the Third Reich in their basement for quite some time now. Why do you think they never make any money? It takes some serious cash to keep Hitlers head alive inside of a glass jar ya know.

NKOTB
Aug 14, 2003, 11:08 PM
You people have clearly posted before seeing what I am talking about. Whoever did the animation is either a complete moron who has never heard of Nazi Germany or did it on purpose. I refuse to believe either one can be likely but it doesn't really matter. It's in the game and it should not be.

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 14, 2003, 11:30 PM
who cares its been a long time since hitler was put out and this topic is lame. i have a HUnewearl but i haven't used resta yet. ^_^ havent had a need fo it.

ABDUR101
Aug 14, 2003, 11:51 PM
...the Nazis have copyrights to that hand gesture?

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 15, 2003, 12:13 AM
LOL, oh man that was a good one. i guess they dont have the copy rights.

NKOTB
Aug 15, 2003, 12:16 AM
On 2003-08-14 21:51, ABDUR101 wrote:

Oh gee, let me think.......no.

I guess using yout reasoning it would also make it ok to include swastikas, iron crosses, and concentration camps in the game since they are not copyrighted by Nazi's.

I never said Sega was promoting or glorifying hate, I'm just pointing out how ignorant it is that this animation made it into the game.

LoreSeeker
Aug 15, 2003, 12:42 AM
On 2003-08-14 21:51, ABDUR101 wrote:

ROFLMAO!!!!! I think I pissed myself when I read that!!!

ABDUR101
Aug 15, 2003, 02:09 AM
On 2003-08-14 22:16, NKOTB wrote:
Oh gee, let me think.......no.

I did'nt think so.

I guess using yout reasoning it would also make it ok to include swastikas, iron crosses, and concentration camps in the game since they are not copyrighted by Nazi's.

No, by my reasoning, it's merely a hand gesture, nothing more, nothing less. If you perceive it as the worst denominator, than thats too bad, but you choose to see it as such, when it is merely a hand motion coded into a game during an action.

Sonic Team doesn't have to put swastikas in, users already have. And I've seen alot worse than them in-game anyways.

Caecilius
Aug 15, 2003, 02:16 AM
I find it absolutely brain-dead that ST put the salute in. After all, nobody liked the Nazis and the Nazis liked nobody. Why promote someone who wanted to shove relatives in concentration camps and bomb your house?

This is just the pinnacle of stupidity.

Thank God I only use Android characters so as to avoid witnessing my character performing such an idiotic gesture.

ABDUR101
Aug 15, 2003, 02:29 AM
On 2003-08-15 00:16, Caecilius wrote:
I find it absolutely brain-dead that ST put the salute in. After all, nobody liked the Nazis and the Nazis liked nobody. Why promote someone who wanted to shove relatives in concentration camps and bomb your house?

I'm not going to bother explaining it, but I'll just say study into it before it went to the gutter and went to ruination.

This is just the pinnacle of stupidity.

The pinnacle of stupidity is saying something is something it's not, merely blowing it out of proportion.

If you absolutely can't handle this mere hand motion used in a fantasy/sci-fi game which adds a bit of "sense" into the whole technique aspect of the game, and insist on beleiving that Sonic Team made it an effort, whether on purpose or out of ignorance to put an offensive hand gesture related to the Nazis in the game, than you should probably not play it, along with not watch TV, considering there are far more references there than you could dream of.

I'm sure you could take every motion/gesture in the game and find a bad expression for it. Not, hard, at all.

Thank God I only use Android characters so as to avoid witnessing my character performing such an idiotic gesture.

There are just as many motions/gestures, which could be found offensive, expecially in the lobby.

Seriously, why is it being made into the worst denominator? No sense.

polishedweasel
Aug 15, 2003, 02:31 AM
Do you guys even know who ABDUR is? I think the man knows what he's talking about...*goes off to get a poptart*

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 15, 2003, 02:32 AM
Hey ABDUR this threads really getting offensive. u think you can lock it up so no more anger comes into play.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Master_of_Dragons on 2003-08-15 00:34 ]</font>

polishedweasel
Aug 15, 2003, 02:55 AM
*waits for lock*

It hasn't gotten too far outta hand yet...

ABDUR101
Aug 15, 2003, 03:02 AM
On 2003-08-15 00:32, Master_of_Dragons wrote:
Hey ABDUR this threads really getting offensive. u think you can lock it up so no more anger comes into play.

There's no need to lock it at the moment, just a discussion. I'm not catching any anger from anyone, just that they are taking it the wrong way.

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 15, 2003, 03:13 AM
thats what leads to anger, beside this topics offensive to the jewish community. Hitler was a tormenter and this message board shouldn't have hitler in the threads.

just looking out for the people. i have had a friend cry over what Hitler did. It really gets sad to watch people that have lost their family cry over them.

polishedweasel
Aug 15, 2003, 03:15 AM
People have to deal with what this guy did and learn to live with it...it's life. There's no reason to walk on eggshells because this topic may offend somebody, we're all adults here...well ABDUR and I are at least...

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 15, 2003, 03:22 AM
Yes adults... meaning absoultly nothing. adults can be just as ignorant(hopefully you no what the description of that is) as kids and teens. And teens could be just as intellegent as an adult. Its not weither or not you are an adult it is weither or not you are mature. meaning there isnt too many on the internet thats mature enough to comprehend this subject to the extent of what it really means. I was just looking out for the jewish community and not keep this discustion from 'getting' offensive. There are people that take offense to these things.

Dragon_Knight
Aug 15, 2003, 10:02 AM
Master_of_Dragons- Of course with that said, there are people who take offence to anything. You can't really protect everybody as even locking this topic might still draw quries to those who participated in it. Anyway its best and in my opinion easiest to just protect what you care about and leave the rest of the people to deal with it themselves.

Anywho I've never troubled myself to see things as they might be. I just see things as they appear, its vary rare that they every are more then that.

BTW when's this going to get off into a tangant about Mel Brooks?

vegeta000110
Aug 15, 2003, 10:06 AM
I'd have to agree except MOST teens are usually the ignorant ones. You say something that has even a slight relevance of something dirty or offensive, they will laugh at you or go OMFGWTF why did you just do that? And I'm not saying all teens are like that because I'm a teen and I'm not like that.

Minty
Aug 15, 2003, 10:29 AM
Listen, SonicTeam probably didn't mean for it to look like anything at all. Just a simple spell casting animation that just happens to look like something else. It's a coincidence and you're looking to far into it.

Solidus_Snake
Aug 15, 2003, 11:17 AM
People complain about some of the stupidest things one could ever imagine...

Robbo
Aug 15, 2003, 12:30 PM
MMMM... never spotted this myself but hey come on do you really think sonic team put this in on purpose. In my opinion maybe i would find it really hard to just come up with an animation which resembles the nazi salute and not know about it.I supose if you were inclined you could say sonic team/japan still like the nazis(partners in ww2) and think about what could have been (i think they were offerd america if the germans won the war and took over the world). O well when push comes to shove nothing can be done about it,try contacting sonic team and ask them about it. BTW swashstickers (wrong spelling i know) can easily be made with symbol chat and so can h****r heads ive seen them and i dont think that its very tasteful,same as sept 11th animations on symbol chat which i saw on dc PSO.

Pixel441
Aug 15, 2003, 12:39 PM
Yeah I once saw, some offensive stuff, on GTA: Vice City, oh, wait nevermind,..... after all, is IS GTA ^_^

Maybe its just a coincidence don't take things so seriously, and as ADBUR said, its only a hand gesture. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

NeiLast
Aug 15, 2003, 12:51 PM
I haven't scrutinized the arm-motion, but wouldn't it either have to:

1. be with the wrong arm, since the gun is in the right hand
2. have a gun in the hand, and not hold the arm as high as in the nazi salute.
3. not be directed towards any leader or flag, or come after any particular words that would have gone with it 60 years ago.

4. Be in a fantasy universe where there is no such thing as nazis.

5. be a gesture that heals your allies and you, rather than be a nationalistic gesture.

If you think that some arm motion, that isn't the same but maybe close to something 60 years ago is on the slippery slope to you being in a concentration camp when all the PSO gamers have an uprising and try to take over and purify the world, then you're an amusing little paraniod/insane subject. Maybe you should be locked up... in an insane assylum. (sarcasm)

Helios
Aug 15, 2003, 07:11 PM
whoa, even neilast is here, and i don't think ive even seen them post here before

this is getting weird