PDA

View Full Version : Melee Force

RaikoStormX
Aug 15, 2003, 09:05 AM
What is a melee force? it is just one of the many things i dunno bout PSO.

JTeebo
Aug 15, 2003, 09:06 AM
A Force who attacks things with weapons, like a Hunter would.

RaikoStormX
Aug 15, 2003, 09:17 AM
Well, I use autogun+8 and Brand+8 often, but also use techniques. I use brand+8 in foerest cause i can win with that cause i dn wanna waste TP. Wo9uld i be considered a melee force?

Krank40oz
Aug 15, 2003, 09:26 AM
Are you the FOmar? b/c they are mostly all the time meele forces or most of the time! since they can use hunter weaps and such! BUt yea i guess to a degree!

RaikoStormX
Aug 15, 2003, 09:49 AM
i am a FOmar.

UltaHolyDragn
Aug 15, 2003, 10:19 AM
Melee forces don't do well so just stick with your spells.

1) Your spells are more effective.
2) Even with mechguns you only target one ememy at a time and it slows you down at the end.
3) Unless you have 100% hit to thing you'll most likely miss.
3) Your spells can help with added effects while with weapons its hard to build the accuracy for it while your have force weapons that can empower your spells for more effective effects.
4) Using weapons like the Pshyco Wand and Dark Bridge lets you save TP and boost magic spells at the same time being even more effective.
5) The staves give you not only mst boost for better casting than other weapons but they can also slightly increase defense by a bit which of all helps a force.

So forces that melee........... even if you are a FOmar doesn't benifit the team.

JTeebo
Aug 15, 2003, 10:21 AM
On 2003-08-15 08:19, UltaHolyDragn wrote:

2) Even with mechguns you only target one ememy at a time and it slows you down at the end.

Soul Eater. A melee-ing FO's best friend.

Naagata_Clan
Aug 15, 2003, 11:13 AM

4) Using weapons like the Pshyco Wand and Dark Bridge lets you save TP and boost magic spells at the same time being even more effective.
5) The staves give you not only mst boost for better casting than other weapons but they can also slightly increase defense by a bit which of all helps a force.

So forces that melee........... even if you are a FOmar doesn't benifit the team.

First off, GOOD LUCK ON GETTING ONE OF THOSE TWO STAVES! Especially if your trying to stay legit. Secondly, melee forces are beneficial for the team if they lack a Hunter, which I have seen before. Melee forces are just a new aspect to the game, because lets face it, when you reach VHard and Ult becoming JUST SPELLS can be very very costly. Especially on Ult when your spells only deal about 300-400 damage when you start out... you need some sort of... balancing factor...

Asia_Skyly
Aug 15, 2003, 04:51 PM
Being a melee force is all about shifta and deband, Jellen and Zalure. I was a melee force from level 1 to level 80 or so. Once I got into Ultimate, my spells became much more useful due to the lack of ATA for the Fomar. Now at level 163 I am back to being a melee force. I would say that between level 80 and 140, being a casting force is the way to go. Once past 140, you are strong enough that the melee force becomes a viable option.

My weapons of choice are L&K Combat 30% hit. Plantain Huge Fan and a Double saber. I am using a power Sato 10/150/40/0, which maxes my ATP. My units are God Battle/God Arm/God Ability/Cure Shock(or Hero Ability depending on the circumstances).

Hope this helps you build your melee Force character.

thapres_04
Aug 15, 2003, 04:54 PM
Melee forces are very useful- the main two people I play with are forces and I am a FOmar myself. Going through Ultimate, it takes forever to kill enemies using only techniques especially Ruins. I use my Mechs and can kill practically anything using the Normal + Hard + Hard combo. Plus my techs are still powerful and very useful. Whenever they are Hunters in the room I can easily change weapons and Gods to go back to 'Force mode.'

Kadou
Aug 15, 2003, 05:16 PM
On 2003-08-15 09:13, Naagata_Clan wrote:

Especially on Ult when your spells only deal about 300-400 damage when you start out...

Er, I don't know about you, but the only tech my Fomar uses (currently level 89) that does 300 or more damage is Grants on enemies with extrememly low light resistance (i.e. Hildelt). I prefer to use Shifta/Deband and my G-Assassin's Sabers.

Yosho
Aug 15, 2003, 05:30 PM

3) Your spells can help with added effects while with weapons its hard to build the accuracy for it while your have force weapons that can empower your spells for more effective effects.

1. Using techs 100% of the time gets old and boring.
2. It doesnt matter if you attack one or more enemies at a time as long as the job can get done.
3. In the ULT seabed I can use a Gladius yes I said gladius (0,50,0,45,55) and still do good, you don't "need" "100%"
4. Not everyone (Legit people) has a DB or PW

In the end a Melee FO can be just as effective if they can use S/D/J/Z while they melee, might not be as much dmg as a HU or RA but still great. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ninpo_Tamashii
Aug 15, 2003, 06:10 PM
Wow.., i thought i was going to have to blow up on somebody.., btw, Yosho..is that you? if so.., this is melface..-smirks- Anybody who played this when it first came out probly heard or knew of me, I was one of the few who argued about FOmar's and FOmarls being very effective Melee'ers. But as stated earlier, the huge HUGE key is the Zalure, Jallen, Shifta , and Deband. At higher levels, Zalure and jallen lower ATA of enemies, and lowers the evasion on enemies as well, while S&D just give nice crack induced boosts. So much that you can take the crappyest weapons in the game and still pimp Ultimate starting at about level 88 and up. ATA is a FOmar's worst enemy as i said earlier, but that's what barta is for...other Team mates.., Make sure everything in the room is glowing blue and red, and you'll be fine. Keep Resta on your bar, and keep reverser lower on your quick pop up list for when people kick the bucket and you should be alright. I have proven That Melee'ing forces espeically FOmars and FOmarls can work, with my Soul banish and being rougly 120 dealing +500 damage per hit, Keeping enemies zalure and jallened, and the party shifta debanded, resta'd and reversered..its not that hard. The only Places in the whole entire game which present a problem melee'ing is Ultimate Mines, those grunt robots don't know how to be stunned when they get attacked, so that's when the Hildabear Staff, foie murge, mind mag, and gi-foie goes flying across the screen. The Sea-bed is also a irritation if you're under 140, but that's when you pull out the Uber mech guns with like 30% hit, and a nicely Grinded Red Saber. -Along with Rabarta- ^_^ Freezing lowers an enemies evade so use that to your advantage on ultimate. Aside from that, don't melee and be stupid, people had bad impressions of FOmars running around with Kaldabogs, getting smitted by Bartles when they hit ultimate. Use common sense, and for god stakes keep up s/d/z/j.

Yosho
Aug 15, 2003, 06:13 PM
On 2003-08-15 16:10, Ninpo_Tamashii wrote:
Wow.., i thought i was going to have to blow up on somebody.., btw, Yosho..is that you? if so.., this is melface..-smirks- Anybody who played this when it first came out probly heard or knew of me, I was one of the few who argued about FOmar's and FOmarls being very effective Melee'ers. But as stated earlier, the huge HUGE key is the Zalure, Jallen, Shifta , and Deband. At higher levels, Zalure and jallen lower ATA of enemies, and lowers the evasion on enemies as well, while S&D just give nice crack induced boosts. So much that you can take the crappyest weapons in the game and still pimp Ultimate starting at about level 88 and up. ATA is a FOmar's worst enemy as i said earlier, but that's what barta is for...other Team mates.., Make sure everything in the room is glowing blue and red, and you'll be fine. Keep Resta on your bar, and keep reverser lower on your quick pop up list for when people kick the bucket and you should be alright. I have proven That Melee'ing forces espeically FOmars and FOmarls can work, with my Soul banish and being rougly 120 dealing +500 damage per hit, Keeping enemies zalure and jallened, and the party shifta debanded, resta'd and reversered..its not that hard. The only Places in the whole entire game which present a problem melee'ing is Ultimate Mines, those grunt robots don't know how to be stunned when they get attacked, so that's when the Hildabear Staff, foie murge, mind mag, and gi-foie goes flying across the screen. The Sea-bed is also a irritation if you're under 140, but that's when you pull out the Uber mech guns with like 30% hit, and a nicely Grinded Red Saber. -Along with Rabarta- ^_^ Freezing lowers an enemies evade so use that to your advantage on ultimate. Aside from that, don't melee and be stupid, people had bad impressions of FOmars running around with Kaldabogs, getting smitted by Bartles when they hit ultimate. Use common sense, and for god stakes keep up s/d/z/j.

Ahhh yes the legendary Soul Banish weilding FOmar Melface, yeah I remember you lol.

Simehiri
Aug 15, 2003, 06:51 PM
While any Force can technically use melee weapons, a "Melee Force" is one that relies heavily on close combat as the mainstay of their overall strategy and style. I don't know how they fare in PSOEII, but they were definitely viable in PSO. PSOII's Ultimate mode was horrid for them though since you needed ultra rares just to hit anything and tech resists went through the roof! I left my melee HUmarl at level 135 after finally getting fed up over the whole situation. Anyhow, melee forces in PSOI could perform very well if played and equipped right. Basically, I played a HUmarl using regular special photon weapons with high percents and high hit like Charge Pallasches (outdamaged even most hunters with those!), and Drain Sawcers. I mostly stuck with sabers and slicers with high end specials and percents. In fact, even if you're a straight tech force, get a high hit TP draining slicer of some sort or a double saber and you'll never have to worry about running out of TP. As for armor, I used a 4 slot Ultimate frame with God Battle, S/M, and two of the top ATA items (forgot their names). When leveling, I used mags focused on ATP and ATA and ended with a Nandin (invincibility!) when I maxed stats. I could write a book on melee force strategies but the biggest thing is to use your techs to increase your own power (shifta/deband), weaken the opponent (zalure/jellun), and use Gi and Ra techs to immobilize, push back, or control crowds as desired to set up for an ideal assault. There's nothing like throwing a drain slicer into a crowd of 10+ monsters! Anyhow, good luck if you do decide to go this route.

RaikoStormX
Aug 16, 2003, 08:54 AM
i am sorry to say that my quest to becoming a melee force has had a setback. FSOD! damn.

Kent
Aug 16, 2003, 09:09 AM
Anyone that says melee Forces are ineffective is, quite obviously, ill-informed, lying, and/or didn't build them right.

They are quite effective, my level 108 FOmar can hold his own in Ultimate Ruins online with legit equipment, so you really can't say they're ineffective.

Ninpo_Tamashii
Aug 16, 2003, 05:24 PM
It makes me feel good seeing posts like that.., people are FINALLY opening their eyes to melee'ing forces. ^_^

K9999
Aug 16, 2003, 06:03 PM
Melee forces are fucking retarded. Go make a Hunewearl or RAmarl if you want to melee and have decent spells. Don't bring your shitty FOmar with l33t charge vulcans doing 300ish damage while nuking for 100s.

DualHydra
Aug 16, 2003, 06:16 PM
On 2003-08-16 16:03, K9999 wrote:
Melee forces are fucking retarded. Go make a Hunewearl or RAmarl if you want to melee and have decent spells. Don't bring your shitty FOmar with l33t charge vulcans doing 300ish damage while nuking for 100s.

god i love that post. i 110% agree with you. forces go DOWN!

RaikoStormX
Aug 16, 2003, 06:23 PM
hey, slow down. i didn't mean for this to be a flame forum. I just asked a question. let's handle this in a clam and civil manner.

DualHydra
Aug 16, 2003, 06:29 PM
ok ill try to make that post nicer.

Melee Forces are stupid. they are ok online IF you have another force on your side. the other force can cast a few times then you can finish the enemies off. offline it might work also since enemies are a bit weaker but still...melee forces are stupid. unless you have a power mag with like 3 god abilites 1 god battle. ive done melee before with my FOnewearl. yes melee is stupid but why waste TP when theres 2 stupid forces casting like crazy. other than that i rarely melee. if im in a full game of forces i just use my psycho wands random tech casting to do the job and save TP.

OniTatsujin
Aug 16, 2003, 06:42 PM
pie

Blood-Rayne
Aug 16, 2003, 06:51 PM
I dont mind Melee forces... i respect them... and their umm... courage. The only problem is lvl 100+ Forces ULT Ruins who dont know about resta/J/Z/S/D and die about 2x a room. Its annoying especially when they use crappy weps. Melee.. but use your spells. FOnewearls... do... not... melee... i cant stress that enough. U HAVE NO HP OR POWER... ONLY MIND...

DualHydra
Aug 16, 2003, 06:54 PM
hey ive meleed and done fine with my FOnewearl...lv65 on v-hard forest >_<. i just shifta and deband then have zalure on my shortcut so every room i zalure and hit away with my mechguns. takes like 2 - 3 combos to take something down. but I RARELY DO IT...stupid melee forces.

dragonfan14
Aug 16, 2003, 06:57 PM
So many people have olga flow as a pic. on this post.

OniTatsujin
Aug 16, 2003, 07:00 PM
On 2003-08-16 16:57, dragonfan14 wrote:
So many people have olga flow as a pic. on this post.

your point?

_Sinue_
Aug 16, 2003, 07:20 PM
other than that i rarely melee. if im in a full game of forces i just use my psycho wands random tech casting to do the job and save TP. - Tidus_415

All you're going to be doing with that Psycho wand is making yourself look like a fool. You complain about Melee FO's being ineffective, and yet you're content with saving TP by casting sub-HUMAR level spells - and random ones at that which leaves it up to luck of the draw if you'll get the spell you need to cast to take advantage of the enemies weakness. I've played with enough scrub FO's like that, and let me give you some advice. If you want to "Save TP", then sit in the back, shut up, and focus purely on support. At least then you'll be an asset to you team rather than a liability.

As for your FOnewearl, you have no buisness trying to melee with her unless you know exactly what the hell it is you're doing. 300 dmg? I can top 550 per strike with mine - adding up to just under 3,000 dmg on a good combo. She can drop a Vulmer in a single combo - and comes damn close to dropping everything else in one too. She's about 300 dmg off from dropping most Ruins monsters.. and a quick blast of RA techs easily takes care of that damage gap. That's all online, mind you. Offline, there's nothing in any difficulty that she can't take down meleeing. 30 techs, all techs, and bonuses to many of her techs are just icing on the cake.

Keep in mind a FOnewearl is also the WEAKEST character in the game, and other FO's can easily do quite a bit more damage.

Don't put your inadequacies off on us. Just because you don't know how to handle a Melee FO, doesn't mean you have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Ninpo_Tamashii
Aug 16, 2003, 08:34 PM
On 2003-08-16 17:20, _Sinue_ wrote:
Don't put your inadequacies off on us. Just because you don't know how to handle a Melee FO, doesn't mean you have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Holy crap!! i thought i was gonna have to tear into somebody's ass, but Sinue set whoever that was saying Melee'ing fo's were pointless a few posts ago straight. I can't agree more with the last part of Sinue's post. Forces can melee.. and be effective, But the closer your attack is to a FOmar the easier. FOnewearl even I myself would be irritated at, only becuase of the weapon selection. But i guess if she gets that umbrella weapon that works like a partisan type and has good accuracy, so If push came to shove you could cover the main ranges of weapon types to melee with. But just cus you can't get with teh program on how to Melee with a force doesn't mean you need to bash it. That's what i call ignorance. And this shows me even more so that i need to come back to show people That Melee'ing with Forces on any difficulty is not only doable, its extreamly effective. Not only that, I don't know about you, but it kinda kills the fun in the game when a FO goes in ra-foie'ing everything to death before you can even reach the monster. Any force once their Mst gets about 900 can start doing that -with the right murge/staff/rod combinations- But once again, a melee'ing force takes understanding of techs, and of meleeing, and attack patterns of monsters, learning how to anticipate attacks and evading them, along with gearing your stats correctly, espeically the evp stat. To cut it more clear for those common sense impaired, You can't be a freakin' dumb ass and melee right with a Force. And if you've made attempts at it and you just can't get it, maybe -YOU- arn't effective with a force in melee'ing..that doesn't mean everybody else isn't, or couldn't be. Mah ten cents

RaikoStormX
Aug 17, 2003, 09:43 AM
Thanks for all the replies, this post is closed.

Neoluke12
Aug 17, 2003, 11:03 AM
Wait forces are supposed to use techs or specilize in techs!!!! Why dont you just make a hunter if you wish too melee????

Yosho
Aug 17, 2003, 11:20 AM
On 2003-08-16 16:16, Tidus_415 wrote:

On 2003-08-16 16:03, K9999 wrote:

god i love that post. i 110% agree with you. forces go DOWN!

You know...it's funny how people say that then shyt their pants with fear "hell no I ain't fightin a FO" when a FO asks them to do a battle with no rules *shrugs*

Kanore
Aug 17, 2003, 11:42 AM

-_-;;

You anti-Forces really love your BKBs and GMs and PWs don't you?

Well you know what? You are just pieces of shit actually. You don't know how to play the game correctly. You don't even use a Force. You're just happy go-lucky with your god damn dupes.

You know what? Why do you bother complaining like asses? Like me? Because you never tried a Force? Because you got it to Level 55 and said, "Holy **** this Force is shit!"

BS.

Especially what UltaHolyDragn wrote...

I have an answer for you, Mr. Dragn

- Spells get boring as hell. Believe me.
- God/Battle anyone? Actually, it's not that slow even without.
How the hell would you know? I hit alot. 50 Hit.
-You already have boosts... jeez... and why would you need so much spells when you can't regen TP? It's expensive.
-Let me restate that for you. "Using Mass Dupes makes you look cool. Like smoking."
-It's not like DEF never grows... -_-;

Some of you are just plain idiots.

Shimarisu
Aug 17, 2003, 11:59 AM
On 2003-08-16 16:29, Tidus_415 wrote:
ok ill try to make that post nicer.

Melee Forces are stupid. they are ok online IF you have another force on your side. the other force can cast a few times then you can finish the enemies off. offline it might work also since enemies are a bit weaker but still...melee forces are stupid. unless you have a power mag with like 3 god abilites 1 god battle. ive done melee before with my FOnewearl. yes melee is stupid but why waste TP when theres 2 stupid forces casting like crazy. other than that i rarely melee. if im in a full game of forces i just use my psycho wands random tech casting to do the job and save TP.

Let me rephrase this post.

"Melee forces are stupid. I should know, I tried it before with my *FOnewearl* and..." (snip)*

*Post cut off due to having passed out from mirth.

Anyway, who the hell said melee Forces ONLY went melee? The weaps are there to finish off. And I ONLY use them when they would be more effective than chucking another (slow) gifoie.

So to summate:

s+d+j+z+gifoie+whack+whack+whack

And by the way, carry on sitting in the corner sucking your thumb while you cheese the room, NEVER powering up for a pb combo and just looking pretty. I'm sure it's not boring at all. I bet it's a real challenge too.

- Shimarisu (Newman FOs are only REMOTELY challenging on c mode.)

SpyroDi
Aug 17, 2003, 11:25 PM
My FOmars,are both melee forces.

It is definitely the way to go if you don't want any of that repetitive spell casting...

By the way,my suggestions for the weapons for a melee force are the Flight Fan,Rainbow Baton,S-Rank Twin,Soul Banish,or Double Saber. All max grinded of course.

If you decide to be a melee force,I would make a balanced out mag,such as I have(all 50 stats Chao mag). You should also use much more Power/Def/Evade Materials as well.

HUShadow
Aug 17, 2003, 11:51 PM
Well, I guess my FOmar has a goal now, eh? then again, he is only lv 5...hey, at least he can finally use a Saber! ^_^

Dbc
Aug 18, 2003, 01:19 AM
On the DC I was a FOmarl and i melee'd through the whole forest with a pimp slappin cane

Kent
Aug 18, 2003, 01:56 AM
ive done melee before with my FOnewearl.

*facepalms*

Yet another newbie who doesn't know what they're doing.

First off, if you plan on going the melee route with a Force, your best bet is either a FOmar (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1179) or FOmarl (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1180), for obvious reasons.

Second, if you're planning on going melee with your Force, you have to focus on it. You'll need a MAG with high power and dex, and you'll need a good weapon. The FOnewearl's measly 583 max ATP just isn't going to cut it (lowest ATP of all the characters); the FOmar and FOmarl's max ATP (1002 and 872, respectively) are much, much better suited to this character sub-type, and the FOmarl only has 16 less ATA than the FOnewearl (highest Force ATA at 186) and the FOmar's is at 163, only 23 less. The FOnewm's ATP and ATA are suited to some melee damage, to an extent, but the higher ATP and DFP of the FOmar and FOmarl are better suited.

As far as weapons go, high-powered Sabers are good for starting, and the Kaladbolg is an exellent weapon (requires 340 ATP, grinds up to +55) for mid-level characters, the Double Saber and Soul Eater are very good for low-level characters. For higher-level (90+) the Elysion, Grass Assassin Sabers, and Angry Fist are very good and very powerful weapons for Forces.

Of course, you'll need good Shifta, Deband, Jellen, Zalure, and Resta to be even more effective.

DualHydra
Aug 18, 2003, 06:18 AM
On 2003-08-17 23:56, Kent wrote:

ive done melee before with my FOnewearl.

*facepalms*

Yet another newbie who doesn't know what they're doing.

First off, if you plan on going the melee route with a Force, your best bet is either a FOmar (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1179) or FOmarl (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1180), for obvious reasons.

Second, if you're planning on going melee with your Force, you have to focus on it. You'll need a MAG with high power and dex, and you'll need a good weapon. The FOnewearl's measly 583 max ATP just isn't going to cut it (lowest ATP of all the characters); the FOmar and FOmarl's max ATP (1002 and 872, respectively) are much, much better suited to this character sub-type, and the FOmarl only has 16 less ATA than the FOnewearl (highest Force ATA at 186) and the FOmar's is at 163, only 23 less. The FOnewm's ATP and ATA are suited to some melee damage, to an extent, but the higher ATP and DFP of the FOmar and FOmarl are better suited.

As far as weapons go, high-powered Sabers are good for starting, and the Kaladbolg is an exellent weapon (requires 340 ATP, grinds up to +55) for mid-level characters, the Double Saber and Soul Eater are very good for low-level characters. For higher-level (90+) the Elysion, Grass Assassin Sabers, and Angry Fist are very good and very powerful weapons for Forces.

Of course, you'll need good Shifta, Deband, Jellen, Zalure, and Resta to be even more effective.

you do know ive only used on melee v-hard ruins and under....i dare not to use a FOnewearl on ultimate melee...anyway i used 100 power 60 dex 10 def 30 mind sato. 2 god abilties 1 god battle 1 cure freeze 40hit% vulcans. the s/d/j/z thingy anyway kthxbai.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tidus_415 on 2003-08-18 04:20 ]</font>

DualHydra
Aug 18, 2003, 06:22 AM
o yea i only go melee when im bored and when i wanna help a friend lv up other than that...if you use melee normally....thats pretty stupid.

Kent
Aug 18, 2003, 09:39 AM
Using melee on a normal basis as a (capable) Force isn't as stupid as trying to melee with a FOnewearl which, very much unlike the FOmarl and FOmar, was made for pure casting.

_Sinue_
Aug 18, 2003, 01:21 PM
I melee with my FOnewearl in Ultimate, and she does quite well actually despite her handicaps. She's one of those characters where you really have to pay attention to what it is you're doing at all times or else you'll end up eating dirt and probably a few of your own teeth in the process. Her normal damage output is around 2,400 to 2,900 dmg - but when you get a 4-way Mag combo S/D on her, she can easily top 3,000 to 3,500 per combo. The highest I've seen her ATP is around 1,700 and the highest damage I've seen her do is about 850 on a critical hit... and with maxed luck, I get a lot of critical hits.

Her ATA is high enough, also, that I can pretty much toss the "Light" attack and replace it with another spell because she almost always lands a Hard Attack on her first go.

Equiptment:

P-Arm Blades +25 or Inferno Bazooka
Custom Frame v.00
-Metal/Body
-Elf/Arm++
-Wizard/Technique
-God/Battle
Custom Barrier v.00
Savitri (20/50/130/0)

I need to make a new mag, and put the 50 POW on MIND since her ATP is maxed already.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Sinue_ on 2003-08-18 11:25 ]</font>

Viperdude472
Aug 18, 2003, 02:08 PM
meelee forces make no sence just stick with guns and techs

Milky
Aug 18, 2003, 06:36 PM
Ok, this is a bit random, but did/does anyone play Diablo 2? Anyone seen/made a good throwbarb? I stumbled accross them, and made a bout 5, trying to get it "perfect". I dunno, it just seems like melee forces are the throwbarbs of PSO. No one gets them, misunderstood, a decent percentage of them suck(due to player skill), they're hard to play, but really fun.
Maybe I'm just nuts

Kadou
Aug 18, 2003, 06:53 PM
This may be a little off topic, but can a Mag increase a stat past the max base, or materials maybe? The reason I ask is that I've heard many times that going past your maximum base atp (example) is impossible unless you're a talented hacker, but some weapons (or maybe just one. I don't know.), such as an S-Rank Twin, require a base atp of 800. The strange thing is that FOmars (base atp of 700-something) are capable of equipping it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadou on 2003-08-18 16:55 ]</font>

Kent
Aug 18, 2003, 07:23 PM
On 2003-08-18 16:53, Kadou wrote:
This may be a little off topic, but can a Mag increase a stat past the max base, or materials maybe? The reason I ask is that I've heard many times that going past your maximum base atp (example) is impossible unless you're a talented hacker, but some weapons (or maybe just one. I don't know.), such as an S-Rank Twin, require a base atp of 800. The strange thing is that FOmars (base atp of 700-something) are capable of equipping it.

MAGs and materials cannot increase any maximum base statistics, they can increase your base while equipped up to, but not past, the maximum.

And the FOmar's maximum base ATP is 1002, not 700-something. FOmarls can equip the S-Rank Twin as well, as their max base ATP is 872. You can look these up in the Characters section of the site for future reference.