PDA

View Full Version : Redria or Skyly?

RnDmThTs675
Aug 15, 2003, 06:29 PM
I have both, HUcasts, Skyly just started at lvl 8, Redria is 74 with a deva, but cant skyly find better rares?

Aurra
Aug 15, 2003, 06:33 PM
Well, almost all of Skyly's Ep1 is a total joke. Caves is very nice, but once you find everything in there there's really no reason to play more of it. There are a few ultra-cool things Skyly has to offer (like Partisan of Lightning, Sealed J-Sword), but don't count on them dropping. Skyly is a more hardcore ID, you have to totally kill yourself to find anything vaulable from it. Redria is good for hunters, it finds God/Battle and a nice assortment of other good swords. I'd say stick with Redria unless you really hate its finds.

Bit
Aug 15, 2003, 06:33 PM
Skyly rares:

http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php?by=sectionid&sectionid=3&version=v3

Redria rares:

http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php?by=sectionid&sectionid=7&version=v3

Blue-Hawk
Aug 15, 2003, 06:34 PM
Don't let anyone fool you into thinking you can actually get a god/battle from redria. My redria has crossed the line. I am going to remake her as a blueful soon. Thats the last, and 15th, photon drop from a hildelt in redria I am going to get.

RnDmThTs675
Aug 15, 2003, 06:35 PM
lol Bit, always the first to reply on my posts, and normally with a link...

excecutor
Aug 15, 2003, 06:39 PM
On 2003-08-15 16:34, blue-hawk wrote:
Don't let anyone fool you into thinking you can actually get a god/battle from redria. My redria has crossed the line. I am going to remake her as a blueful soon. Thats the last, and 15th, photon drop from a hildelt in redria I am going to get.

blue hawk, i feel your pain, but i recomend comming back to the area after playing somwhere else. this really works, or for me at least. 120+ FoS runs with my yellowboze yeilded 8 photon drops. i got sick of it then went hunting for holy ray, 26 runs later on de ral lie, i scored it. then i went SG hunting in the mountain are in ult. didnt get that yet, but i decided to go and try to get a luminous field again. on my 2ND RUN, i scored a luminous field, i would recomend not recreating her, just playing somwhere else, as in my experience, playing somwhere else then coming back seems to help a lot. if you just make straight runs though, drops seem to get tougher and tougher to get.

Blue-Hawk
Aug 15, 2003, 06:43 PM
On 2003-08-15 16:39, excecutor wrote:

On 2003-08-15 16:34, blue-hawk wrote:

blue hawk, i feel your pain, but i recomend comming back to the area after playing somwhere else. this really works, or for me at least. 120+ FoS runs with my yellowboze yeilded 8 photon drops. i got sick of it then went hunting for holy ray, 26 runs later on de ral lie, i scored it. then i went SG hunting in the mountain are in ult. didnt get that yet, but i decided to go and try to get a luminous field again. on my 2ND RUN, i scored a luminous field, i would recomend not recreating her, just playing somwhere else, as in my experience, playing somwhere else then coming back seems to help a lot. if you just make straight runs though, drops seem to get tougher and tougher to get.

Well, considering my redria is lv 103 and has been doing forest and fos runs since lv 55, on and off, I think its safe to say that I am never going to get one. Like I need it anyway. Its completly useless. I just wanted it for effect.

excecutor
Aug 15, 2003, 06:51 PM
yes, thats excactly what im saying! you said that you spent most of your time in the forest and FoS from level 55-103. thats excactly what im saying! play in a different area for a while, perhaps a long while to even out the playing time, explore the caves, mines and ruins, even episode 2. then after a while come back! its just a suggestion though, and i may to totally full of it....

Blue-Hawk
Aug 15, 2003, 06:56 PM
On 2003-08-15 16:51, excecutor wrote:
yes, thats excactly what im saying! you said that you spent most of your time in the forest and FoS from level 55-103. thats excactly what im saying! play in a different area for a while, perhaps a long while to even out the playing time, explore the caves, mines and ruins, even episode 2. then after a while come back! its just a suggestion though, and i may to totally full of it....

Dont have the mines and ruins for her yet. Been too lazy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I have been making adicting food runs in hopes of an asuka, but no go. Just 2 more demo comets. Those are useless to me now as well. I already have one. None of them have % on them.

Genoa
Aug 15, 2003, 08:36 PM
I'm a Skyly and I find pretty nice rares. Even though I'm a Ranger I still find nice Hunter Weapons. you'll find lots of Special Weapon Swords and Rifles. Mostly Swords though

vegeta000110
Aug 15, 2003, 09:30 PM
My skyly (Fo anyway so I don't really care) has only found Flownen's Sword about 13 times in H. I swear if I don't find something other that FS, PD, or Brave Knuckle..................

Nickwillnotbe
Aug 15, 2003, 10:28 PM
Well, considering my redria is lv 103 and has been doing forest and fos runs since lv 55, on and off, I think its safe to say that I am never going to get one. Like I need it anyway. Its completly useless. I just wanted it for effect.

I used to think like that. I have a Blueful HUmar (lvl 136) and I pretty much only leveled in the ULT forest from 75 until about 120. I never EVER got a Gulgus Gue to drop an Imperial Pick for me. So I stopped looking and went and played other levels until I reached the level I am now. Earlier today I decided to do a forest run in hopes of finding a Photon Drop and low and behold a Guglus Gue left me my Imperial Pick. Just take a break and try later. It is nothing to delete your character over.

Grimsoar
Aug 15, 2003, 10:36 PM
All I have to say is my Redria got TWO God/Battles off of the Forrest of Sorrow quest. Not to mention a few Hildetorr's. There are 11 or 12 Hidelt's in that quest.

Blue-Hawk
Aug 15, 2003, 11:00 PM
On 2003-08-15 20:36, Grimsoar wrote:
All I have to say is my Redria got TWO God/Battles off of the Forrest of Sorrow quest. Not to mention a few Hildetorr's. There are 11 or 12 Hidelt's in that quest.

2 things about this.
1- I am SO sick of that quest.
2- I think I know how many there are. I wrote the experience guide. >_<

RnDmThTs675
Aug 15, 2003, 11:23 PM
My OLD Skyly (also a HUcast) that i had when the game just came out for GC, I found maybe 3 DB's sabers and the same amount of flowens swords and visk's, but that one didnt last much longer then that

Dunedain
Aug 16, 2003, 10:26 AM
Skyly is, as others have said, a more hardcore id. If you want a more practical one I recommend redria more... I didn't start getting any decent EPI rares until level 185ish, which now include god body, luminous field, and meteor cudgel. About time I get *something* from those darned enemies...