PDA

View Full Version : What kind of MAG should my Fonewm have??

unknown2226
Aug 15, 2003, 08:41 PM
What stats should I raise for my MAG that would benefit most my Fonewm....As of right now I am thinking Mind only but should I raise something else like Defense or just Mind????

Kamatz
Aug 15, 2003, 08:46 PM
Well I guess that depends on how good you are. ^_^ If you're really good and know what techs to use on what monsters so you don't waste TP, then you'd probably to well suited to get a Mind mag and learn all your techs earlier. Though bear in mind that at SOME point you WILL be hit. (Falz' Rabarta/Rafoie waves... evil. Death Rain, more evil.) So some Def boost can't hurt. Also, bear in mind that each level of mind you mag gets is TWO points added to your MST score. That means a mag with 150 MIND will boost your MST by 300 points. And believe me, a good defense score can go a long way against some enemies... *Cough*Delbiter*Cough*

Big evil puppy that likes to pounce and trample you.

unknown2226
Aug 15, 2003, 09:08 PM
Should I boost any dex or pow???
Or just Mind and Def???
BTW I am a newbie player....

Lucas2k4
Aug 15, 2003, 09:19 PM
Mind....Thats all I would suggest....Dark Falz's Rafoie and rabarta def doesn't help against...

Kamatz
Aug 15, 2003, 09:34 PM
True, true, but still everyone gets hit some time. I'da died many times by now if not for my mag's lv 25 def. (Scraped away with <5 HP in many instances)

Anyway, I can't see good justification for raising the DEF above 50. Though I'm still working on a little MAG experiment where I'm raising a mag with nothing but a single stat maxed out. A LV 200 def mag could rock for all I know, but it'll be a while yet before I can see.

Aaaanyway, I'd just go with 150 mind, minimum, and maybe raise the other stats just a touch if you find that you need bonuses for them. (Just play a while before deciding.)

For a Force, Pow and Dex are absolute back-seat stats. The only instance in which these matter is if you're trying to equip a Handgun or Sabre.

(Akiko's Frying Pan is a dandy tool for forces, but it still bows down a good Handgun-serries or Mechgun-serries weapon with the Giest attribute.)

Stalfos333
Aug 15, 2003, 09:58 PM
I prefer a mostly mind mag, with points in Dex instead of Def. A Nidra makes for a nice mag for a Fonewm, as the invincibility is more useful than S/D. Get a mind mag, but only use more powerful disks if it would let you kill an enemy faster.

A Fonewm is a killing machine. My level 110 Fonewm has only been hit fighting Falz and Olga Flow. EVER. He either kills enemies too fast, or I exploit weaknesses to avoid damage (Delbiter can't go up ramps, Garanz can't shoot across gaps, Delsaber freezes extremely easily, Belras get confused if you run behind them). The only problem is TP, which is why I use the Dex. You can suck TP by the hundreds from a hapless stationary enemy, but only if you can hit it.

Weif
Aug 16, 2003, 08:43 AM
i would say drill ur strong spot now and get some mind but with a little def (20+) and when its done see wht u like

Droit
Aug 16, 2003, 12:54 PM
i would say make it have the stats : 25/20/50/100
that will allow you to have decent gun use, decent defense, and a good amount of mind.