PDA

View Full Version : Mag: Tricked out homebrew force mag!!!!

DirtyDan311
Aug 15, 2003, 10:52 PM
Yo, i am raising the most tricked out mag for my FOmar. i plan on it being a nidra with the following stats:
DEF - 5
DEX - 45
POW - 50
MIND - 100

I already have a sato with 138 Mind on it so he can lean spells and shit like that, but once my FOmar(currently level 30) gets higher in level, i want to start using My Geist Vulcans and a Double Saber to go melee eveyr once in a while.

Bit
Aug 15, 2003, 10:53 PM
Hmm.. Good Luck, eh?

Melee forces can be fun, if raised right.

BablerMouth
Aug 15, 2003, 10:56 PM
yeh, can force use elysion ? if yes, well that the weap made for em http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Stalfos333
Aug 15, 2003, 11:01 PM
I have little respect for the FoMar class, but I can offer some advice to help out. First, in Ult, that 50 Pow isn't gonna mean anything, and your weapons will just be sad. I doubt you'll be using Vulcans with the low ATA of a FoMar, not with so little on your mag, and even if you can equip them, you won't be doing much damagewise with them, provided you even manage to hit things. Besides, you'll want a partisan if you're meleeing, unless it's a suicide mission...

My suggestion: Pump that Pow into either Mind or Dex. Mind, to do damage with techs, Dex, to actually equip guns and hit with them, and do more melee damage. If you feel the need to melee, build a second power mag.

Blue-Hawk
Aug 15, 2003, 11:04 PM
I don't know. Personally, I like the force mag i raised. Granted it's only an Illa, but it does have 173 mind on it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lucas2k4
Aug 15, 2003, 11:06 PM
I'm gonna raise myself a tricked out Nidra also, except, I think it will be a Sato.

Slicer238
Aug 16, 2003, 03:35 AM
I have an Ila that will be raised to have 185 mind. WOOHOO alot of tp and mst from it.

Milky
Aug 16, 2003, 05:36 AM
50 dex on a mag will max out a FOmars ATA(if I remember rightly).
Unless stats on a mag can take stats past their max? I thought they added to your base stat, like mats. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif
Anywyays, if you want to use those weapons, you'll probably be better off with a couple of mags, one more pow/dex focussed, and one pure mind for learning techs as soon as you can, and possibly one somewhere in the middle, depends on the situation I guess.

Blue-Hawk
Aug 16, 2003, 07:37 AM
On 2003-08-16 03:36, Milky wrote:
50 dex on a mag will max out a FOmars ATA(if I remember rightly).
Unless stats on a mag can take stats past their max? I thought they added to your base stat, like mats. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif
Anywyays, if you want to use those weapons, you'll probably be better off with a couple of mags, one more pow/dex focussed, and one pure mind for learning techs as soon as you can, and possibly one somewhere in the middle, depends on the situation I guess.

No, it wont. 50 dex on a mag translates to onl a 25 ata boost. For every 2 levels of dex on a mag, you get 1 ata.

Kupi
Aug 16, 2003, 11:01 AM
The thing is, FOmars only need 25 ATA to max (at L200)... so 50 Dex on a Mag maxes them out. ^_^

Kadou
Aug 16, 2003, 11:12 AM
If your using a FOmar than you'd probably be best off creating two MAG's, niether of which ought to possess those stats. The first should be a mind mag with stats of about 15-20-5-160. The small bit of power would be if you let an enemy get to close and you don't have enough time to cast. The second would be more or less a power mag with stats of 15-140-25-20. Obviously this would be for melee fighting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadou on 2003-08-16 09:19 ]</font>

Neoluke12
Aug 16, 2003, 11:15 AM
On 2003-08-16 09:12, Kadou wrote:
If your using a FOmar than you'd probably be best off creating two MAG's, niether of which ought to possess those stats. The first should be a mind mag with stats of about 5-30-5-160. The small bit of power would be if you let an enemy get to close and you don't have enough time to cast. The second would be more or less a power mag with stats of 15-140-25-20. Obviously this would be for melee fighting.

Bang on what ive done power mag and mind mag, mind mag needs defense (as it can get tricky and mind and the power needs power and dex (too hit with).

Stalfos333
Aug 16, 2003, 10:13 PM
Yes, but more Dex won't max out, say, a level 150. Or a level 30, as he is now...Level 200 isn't easy to get to, and you have PLENTY of time to make a maxed stat mag between 180 and 200. On the other hand, a mag created for maxing stats makes it hard to play through the game at a low level...

Unless max stats level up with time? If it does, I've yet to hit the max, myself...

A little bit of power isn't going to help you get away, it'll get you killed if you think to melee with a FoNewm, even against one enemy. Nor is a little bit of defence going to make a HUGE impact on how much damage you take. You'll still have to heal after practically every hit, as a Fonewm, but with Deband you can usually manage not to die in one hit. So skip the Def, at least until you are level 150+. Instead, rely on techs to kill enemies, and use your partners as a defensive shield in multiplayer. You can save and help them with high powered resta, shifta, and deband, and distract enemies with your techs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stalfos333 on 2003-08-16 20:21 ]</font>

LoreSeeker
Aug 16, 2003, 10:23 PM
With that mag, you should be able to go back to low difficulties and impress newbies with your melee ability. When Ultimate comes, however, you're going to be wishing that you didn't waste your time on power or dexterity. Defense is always a good thing for any class. Why not put some more into that?