PDA

View Full Version : teeth whitening products

Vanango
Aug 16, 2003, 12:41 AM
anyone else use these products? I just bought the Colgate Simply White (the one that looks like a whiteout bottle) you just apply it to your teeth and it makes them whiter.

I've used it 3x now and my mom all ready noticed the difference (she didn't know I bought the stuff)

Yay! This was on sale at k-mart for 8 dollars so I decided to give it a go. My teeth weren't horribly yellow but I do drink coffee and tea on occassion... yay, pearly white without having to have the Dentist drill off a layer!

There's a bunch of people that make this stuff.. Colgate, Crest, Rembrant... anyone else with some experience?

LollipopLolita
Aug 16, 2003, 06:41 AM
you do realize it's wearing down and eroding your enamel? not to mention bleaching it? that's why it works.

darthsaber9x9
Aug 16, 2003, 06:49 AM
you sound experienced lolli.

LollipopLolita
Aug 16, 2003, 07:51 AM
never used it. godparent's best friends are dental surgeons. veneers, if you can afford it, are the best way to go.

hollowtip
Aug 16, 2003, 08:27 AM
No, the best way to go is to using the new luminescent laser technology. It is somewhat expensive, but you get the best results without damaging your enamel or resorting to artificial veneers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2003-08-16 06:27 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Aug 16, 2003, 09:05 AM
well i never thought a discussion
such as this would ever make it anywhere near these boards!

Vanango
Aug 16, 2003, 01:25 PM
On 2003-08-16 04:41, LollipopLolita wrote:
you do realize it's wearing down and eroding your enamel? not to mention bleaching it? that's why it works.

*wonders if there is anything Lolli doesn't know.*

polishedweasel
Aug 16, 2003, 02:33 PM
I told myself ages ago to get those Crest whitening strips, like when they were 40$ for the pack, I forgot and just never got around to it, I think I'll try something like that though.

LollipopLolita
Aug 16, 2003, 03:45 PM
On 2003-08-16 06:27, hollowtip wrote:
No, the best way to go is to using the new luminescent laser technology. It is somewhat expensive, but you get the best results without damaging your enamel or resorting to artificial veneers.

except it isn't regulated, there is no sanctioned mandatory requirements for performing it and there is no proven study of long term effects or length of effectiveness since it hasn't been around that long. maintenance wise after the fact veneers take the least. both enamel eroding agents and lasers are not recommended for people who have sensitive teeth.
just take good care of your teeth, don't smoke, don't eat/drink caffeine foods or drink bla bla bla

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-08-16 13:45 ]</font>

AUTO_
Aug 16, 2003, 04:54 PM
Lolli for pres.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bday.gif

polishedweasel
Aug 17, 2003, 05:52 AM
Damn lollie owns!