PDA

View Full Version : devil/technique problem

SAYAN
Mar 25, 2001, 04:40 PM
ok heres the story. i found a devil/tech in a red slim in caves3 on hard i think it was along time ago and ive used it 4 a very long time. i was showing it 2 a friend b4 and he said that 4 him it showed up as a priest/mind and not a devil/tech we both thought this was weird but it didnt matter 2 me cus it was a devil/tech 4 me and thats all that matters. then just a while ago i was playing online w/this other guy who i trust (or i should say trusted). he mailed me and asked if i had a devil/tech and i said yeah and would trade it 2 him so he came in the game and we made the deal and i gave him the devil tech and he said it wasnt a devil/tech but a priest/mind so this problem arouse once again that only i was able 2 c that it was in fact a devil/tech so he gave it back and i re-equipped it and he didnt believe me that it was a devil tech 4 me so i showed him again and he tried equipping it 2 c if it would change, and it didnt so he gave it back and it was still a devil/tech 4 me, then he said wait let me c it once more so i gave it 2 him again and he went 2 the store and came back and asked me what i saw it as now and 2 my outrage it was a priest/mind now, 4 both of us so he left in2 the forest and left me standing there w/my new priest/mind that was once a devil/tech. i figured he did something 2 it but idk what since u cant buy a priest/mind on v-hard 2 switch it with but i still think he musta done something to it. does any1 know y the devil/tech wouldnt show up as that 4 others and then y it would appear as a priest/mind 4 me after what starpilot did 2 it, whatever it was

purhaze
Mar 25, 2001, 08:24 PM
i use devil/teck and every one that wants to see it, that i trust see's it as a devil/teck i think he probly switched it on u cause if you saw it as devil/teck that is what your always going to see, he scammed u

Mistkerl_Zwo
Mar 25, 2001, 08:49 PM
Sounds like he pulled a bait and switch on you, he prolly bought the priest mind and gave it to you, and he still has your devil tech and is having fun with it, doh!

SAYAN
Mar 26, 2001, 12:42 AM
i asked a couple others about y it wouldnt show up as devil/tech 4 any1 else but me and he said it was a glitch cus his devil/tech is like that 2 and ur supposed 2 put it in the bank and take it back out and it'll work, but even still i did that and it didnt change back 2 a devil/tech. i met up w/the guy later and interrogated him some more and he really isnt the type 2 steal but it doesnt matter any more cus my devil/tech is gone and i miss it like a... ummmm hmmm like a clown misses his squirty flower thing? no thats no good how about like a....... gamer misses his/her favorite game, meh thats good enough. where was i oh yeah so i says 2 the guy i says rectum? damn near killed him ha ha ha ehh

Vittorio
Mar 26, 2001, 12:55 AM
not sure if this is the same thing, but i was gonna trade a god/tech with a person, and to me it was nothing more than a priest/mind. not sure if he was lying to me about the nature of the item. until now i thought he was lying, now i am not sure. hmm dont know
see ya

Drahktar
Mar 27, 2001, 07:47 PM
Any real answer to the question would involve the person answering said question banned. Sorry, you might want to try a different board, or ask online.

0windcalibur0
Mar 27, 2001, 09:11 PM
On 2001-03-25 13:40, SAYAN wrote:
ok heres the story. i found a devil/tech in a red slim in caves3 on hard i think it was along time ago and ive used it 4 a very long time. i was showing it 2 a friend b4 and he said that 4 him it showed up as a priest/mind and not a devil/tech we both thought this was weird but it didnt matter 2 me cus it was a devil/tech 4 me and thats all that matters. then just a while ago i was playing online w/this other guy who i trust (or i should say trusted). he mailed me and asked if i had a devil/tech and i said yeah and would trade it 2 him so he came in the game and we made the deal and i gave him the devil tech and he said it wasnt a devil/tech but a priest/mind so this problem arouse once again that only i was able 2 c that it was in fact a devil/tech so he gave it back and i re-equipped it and he didnt believe me that it was a devil tech 4 me so i showed him again and he tried equipping it 2 c if it would change, and it didnt so he gave it back and it was still a devil/tech 4 me, then he said wait let me c it once more so i gave it 2 him again and he went 2 the store and came back and asked me what i saw it as now and 2 my outrage it was a priest/mind now, 4 both of us so he left in2 the forest and left me standing there w/my new priest/mind that was once a devil/tech. i figured he did something 2 it but idk what since u cant buy a priest/mind on v-hard 2 switch it with but i still think he musta done something to it. does any1 know y the devil/tech wouldnt show up as that 4 others and then y it would appear as a priest/mind 4 me after what starpilot did 2 it, whatever it was[addsig]

Yeah, I know what happened to you, it is a game bug. I was showing my freind devil tech and he saw it as preist mind too, what you have to do to fix it is just go and put it in bank then take it out. Drop it then he should see it as devil tech, oh and that kid did fool you he mustve kept the preist mind knowing it was really a devil tech...

Russian
Mar 28, 2001, 02:34 PM
OMG!!! THE EXACT same thing happened to me!!! This was only a couple of weeks ago. I fought a Red Slime in Cave3 hard mode offline. It dropped a Devil/Tech and I was happy as a clam. I was playing my Ranger, who had no use for one, so I gave it to a trusted Guild member (along with a few other items) to transfer over to my Force this past weekend. When he dropped all my items, there was no Devil/Tech... but there was a Priest/Mind.

He said I never dropped a Devil/Tech. Then I remembered hearing about a glitch involving the God and Devil/Tech items. I tried switching back to my Ranger, but he still saw it as a Priest/Mind too. I tried equipping and unequipping it, putting it in my bank... everything. Nothing worked. It was stuck as a Priest/Mind.

I was really upset. Now I know I'm not alone.

Russian

DCKaz
Mar 28, 2001, 03:17 PM
Pity the 'devil/tech' as coded must be crappy then. On a side note I met my first rare in vhard caves last night.. what did it drop?

A telepipe.

Oh well, was neat seeing a red plant tho.. heh.

DCKaz
Terra Prime 65 FOmarl