PDA

View Full Version : RAcaseal or HUcaseal!?!?

joluh
Aug 17, 2003, 03:01 AM
Well i'm about to create a new character, not too soon of course, but i guess it'll be an female android so i just have 2 options but i like them too much, both so i was wondering, can you please help me to pick one, just vote and if you can leave a message about why you pick that one!!!

thanks =)

TangledWeb3917
Aug 17, 2003, 03:12 AM
ive made both around the same time to see which one id like better and my RAcaseal won by a long shot. I just like playing as a ranger better then a hunter.

RuneScapeMan
Aug 17, 2003, 03:53 AM
You can't compair a Hunter to a Ranger.
But i myself love Rangers.

clance
Aug 17, 2003, 04:30 AM
RAcaseal, blatenly for the fact that rangers are the best http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Feist
Aug 17, 2003, 04:44 AM
I find that Rangers are insanely boring to play and cowardly characters besides. HUcaseal gets my vote.

Neoluke12
Aug 17, 2003, 04:46 AM
hucaseal I dont like rangers!!!

AYY-BEE-CEE
Aug 17, 2003, 06:52 AM
There's no contest.

RAcaseals are boring with no outstanding features while HUcaseals have great accuracy, power, hp and defence, when I played as one I thought it was too good for the rest.

Tilldawn
Aug 17, 2003, 07:01 AM
in my opinion hucaseal will level up faster since they do more damage than a crappy ol gun *MAN GO IN WITH A HUCASEAL AND DO WHAT EVERY1 DOES BEST MINDLESS SLAUGHTER!!!!! RARGGHHHH* u dont need no crappy gun to survive u need instinct and power and a blade !!!!! so hucaseal gets my vote *rangers are girls to scared to take a hit*

_Sinue_
Aug 17, 2003, 07:13 AM
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor son of a bitch die for his country. - Gen. George S. Patton

Being brave and taking your lumps is nice and all.. but the advantage to staying back out of counterattack range is that you live longer. You can't very well slaughter monsters when you're lying in a heap on the floor, spewing blood from that massive hole a Sinow Speigil just punched into you. RAcaseals not only have the advantage of distance, but they have moderate ATP for a RAnger, and they can also take a hit when the unexpected monster spawns in from behind. They have good ATA as well, giving you a more reliable hit ratio compaired to the HUcaseal.

I vote for RAcaseal.

Dhylec
Aug 17, 2003, 09:48 AM
argh.. get both! play both, like me..
so u dont have to fight over who's better http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Newbie100
Aug 17, 2003, 10:23 AM
Use the hucaseal, hunters can used ranged to. I think hucaseal has the best accuracy of the hunters, so you can still use mechguns and handguns. Its a lot harder for rangers to melee though because of there poor atp and hp, you can still range though with hucaseal because of her good ata. If you really want a android ranger then pick racast he has the best atp and hp of the rangers.

Obscenity
Aug 17, 2003, 12:27 PM
On 2003-08-17 02:44, Feist wrote:
I find that Rangers are insanely boring to play and cowardly characters besides. HUcaseal gets my vote.

Anyone with an avatar of a Force has no room to be saying that Rangers are cowardly characters. Forces are by far the easiest class to play. YOu don't even have to aim your techs half the time.

Neverwinter
Aug 17, 2003, 01:04 PM
I voted for RAcaseal, i have both but i think that the RAcaseal is WAY more better, high DFP, Good EVP and ATP, shes clearly the better android. Also a ranger and they rule(2nd to forces).

DualHydra
Aug 17, 2003, 01:08 PM
wow its 11-11. should i be the tie breaker? naw i cant decide which is better.

Feist
Aug 17, 2003, 01:43 PM
On 2003-08-17 10:27, Obscenity wrote:

Anyone with an avatar of a Force has no room to be saying that Rangers are cowardly characters. Forces are by far the easiest class to play. YOu don't even have to aim your techs half the time.

The other day I beat Vol Opt to death with a Heart Rod and Foie. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Joe-Azlin
Aug 17, 2003, 01:48 PM
hucassy cuz rangers are so boriung and hunters are not

Kujin
Aug 17, 2003, 01:50 PM
HUcaseal, because i get mad when i see another RAcaseal besides my own.

HighElf9310
Aug 17, 2003, 02:04 PM
No contest...HUcaseal...once you see her dagger movements, you won't want to try any other character...

-Scope

K9999
Aug 17, 2003, 02:20 PM
Racaseals are fucking pimp

MAGusZ87
Aug 17, 2003, 02:30 PM
HUcaseal by far- they remind me of female ninjas (they have a special name, i forgot it) while RAcaseal.... uhh "focuses on DEF"?? lol like a RA needs DEF and they look like "maid's on crack" (i forgot where i heard that one)

and also... that guy who said FOs dont have to aim!??!? WTF and ur saying RA DO have to aim? no one in this game "aims" it's ridiculously easy to hit sumthing, u just dont like FOs for some reason, mebbe cause they're more fun than any RA ever can be >=P

Feist
Aug 17, 2003, 03:00 PM
More thoughts on the whole Hunters versus Rangers bit, while I'm thinking them...

I dislike Rangers because of their dependence on long range weaponry. They fight from a distance, with little chance of taking damage. There's no risk involved, which makes the game boring for me. I'd prefer to play a Hunter, in the thick of things, where I have to pay attention and keep my wits about me to survive. My Forces are consistently broke as a joke due to lack of treasure in multiplayer games (My teammates tend to take the treasure from under me) as well as the expense of buying Fluids/Technique disks, so they get to play melee with Heart-series weapons (a rod for my FOnewearl and a Double Saber for my FOnewm). Both my Forces have pretty horrible accuracy, so Handguns aren't really an option for me. That puts them in the same position as my Hunter characters, but with the added risk of my TP running out at an inopportune time, like when I'm surrounded with Garanzes or Delsabers. Fun fun. ^___^;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feist on 2003-08-17 13:02 ]</font>

TangledWeb3917
Aug 17, 2003, 03:03 PM
Anyone with an avatar of a Force has no room to be saying that Rangers are cowardly characters. Forces are by far the easiest class to play. YOu don't even have to aim your techs half the time. hey now i dont agree ... my ranger is alot easier to play with then my force ... you have to remember what techs to use on what enemy ... so you have to recustomize your bottons with each lvl you go to ... and the way i play i keep everyone's health and s&d up so you have to make sure your in there with everyone else ... with my RAcaseal i just have to decide what weapon i want to use ... now dont get me wrong i love my RAcaseal ... i just find it more complicated to play as my FOnewearl

Miller
Aug 17, 2003, 03:04 PM
It depends what char you have now if you have a ranger go HUcasel or vice versa.

MAGusZ87
Aug 17, 2003, 03:11 PM
hey tangledweb3917 i just sent that guy a PM about that (he keeps saying that in almost every single of his posts) he said that he has a lv109 FOmar and all this BS (he also said he didnt read 2 lines of my drivel.....lol) well he certainly liked to blather about nothing in particular so i blocked his PMs to me.

Obscenity
Aug 17, 2003, 03:17 PM
On 2003-08-17 13:03, TangledWeb3917 wrote:

Anyone with an avatar of a Force has no room to be saying that Rangers are cowardly characters. Forces are by far the easiest class to play. YOu don't even have to aim your techs half the time. hey now i dont agree ... my ranger is alot easier to play with then my force ... you have to remember what techs to use on what enemy ... so you have to recustomize your bottons with each lvl you go to ... and the way i play i keep everyone's health and s&d up so you have to make sure your in there with everyone else ... with my RAcaseal i just have to decide what weapon i want to use ... now dont get me wrong i love my RAcaseal ... i just find it more complicated to play as my FOnewearl

Playing a Force comes down to memory and button-mashing, but not a lot of skill, unlike a Hunter or Ranger.

Feist
Aug 17, 2003, 03:28 PM
I don't think it takes any more or less skill to time a 3-hit combo than to remember which spell to cast. I understand the button-mashing comment though...lots of players just hit the button as fast as they can to get the spell cast as many times as possible in the shortest amount of time, thusly doing the most damage possible as quickly as they can to kill their enemies before the enemies can attack (Jeez, I said a mouthful. o.o). Such players also tend to cast one or two extraneous spells after their foes have died and coughed up their EXP, which is a waste of precious TP. A good Force will manage their TP, which is where alot of the challenge comes in (for me, anyway).

Obscenity
Aug 17, 2003, 03:38 PM
On 2003-08-17 13:28, Feist wrote:
I don't think it takes any more or less skill to time a 3-hit combo than to remember which spell to cast. I understand the button-mashing comment though...lots of players just hit the button as fast as they can to get the spell cast as many times as possible in the shortest amount of time, thusly doing the most damage possible as quickly as they can to kill their enemies before the enemies can attack (Jeez, I said a mouthful. o.o). Such players also tend to cast one or two extraneous spells after their foes have died and coughed up their EXP, which is a waste of precious TP. A good Force will manage their TP, which is where alot of the challenge comes in (for me, anyway).

There's more to playing a Hunter than just 3-hit combos. You have to have good timing and a be a good judge of distance so you can intercept an enemy that's walking toward you with a few hits before it gets close enough to hit you back. Or knowing when to use Normal attacks for the 2nd hit in a 3-hit combo to make sure the 3rd doesn't get cut off by a retaliation. With a Force, you can stand in one spot and wait for the lock to appear, and then start casting. I'm not saying I don't like to play Forces. I do. I just don't like the people who play them who seem to think they're doing a group of Hunters/Rangers some giant favor by joining their game. And I also think there's less skill involved in playing them, especially later in the game.

MAGusZ87
Aug 17, 2003, 03:47 PM
acually it would be a giant favor, just as big a favor as if a game w/ only a hunter and a force and then a ranger joined. Each class has their own ups and when there is a game w/ all three classes and good players behind those characters then they would prolly have an easier, yet still fun game because of diversity.

Obscenity
Aug 17, 2003, 03:54 PM
On 2003-08-17 13:47, MAGusZ87 wrote:
acually it would be a giant favor, just as big a favor as if a game w/ only a hunter and a force and then a ranger joined. Each class has their own ups and when there is a game w/ all three classes and good players behind those characters then they would prolly have an easier, yet still fun game because of diversity.

Like I said, it's not the class I have a problem with, it's the general attitude of the people that play the class. Pushing the buttons of people like that is fun, and the easiest way to do it is to pick on their precious Forces. Fun!

Edit: And yes, I agree. It's more fun to be in a mixed-class party, but not if the people have ego problems, and I seem to run into that a lot more with Forces than anyone else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obscenity on 2003-08-17 13:55 ]</font>

Lucas2k4
Aug 17, 2003, 04:02 PM
On 2003-08-17 13:11, MAGusZ87 wrote:
hey tangledweb3917 i just sent that guy a PM about that (he keeps saying that in almost every single of his posts) he said that he has a lv109 FOmar and all this BS (he also said he didnt read 2 lines of my drivel.....lol) well he certainly liked to blather about nothing in particular so i blocked his PMs to me.

Are you saying it's not possible to have a level 109 FOmar? They don't stop at level 108. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MAGusZ87
Aug 17, 2003, 04:06 PM
my point wasn't that it isn't possible to have a 109 FOmar (i believe that's very possible) my point was that by lv 109 that guy(....) should have understood a little more about FOs

Obscenity
Aug 17, 2003, 04:10 PM
On 2003-08-17 14:06, MAGusZ87 wrote:
my point wasn't that it isn't possible to have a 109 FOmar (i believe that's very possible) my point was that by lv 109 that guy(....) should have understood a little more about FOs

I understand plenty about Forces. I understand they they're easier to play later in the game than the other two classes. And that isn't just my opinion, but the opinion of almost anyone who has played all three classes extensively, which I have. When you get yours past 80-something, you'll see for yourself. And don't bitch about it being harder because you're playing a melee Force, either. That's your own fault. That would be like saying a Hunter is harder to play because you decided to fight with your bare hands.

Quo
Aug 17, 2003, 04:12 PM
Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor son of a bitch die for his country. - Gen. George S. Patton
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being brave and taking your lumps is nice and all.. but the advantage to staying back out of counterattack range is that you live longer. You can't very well slaughter monsters when you're lying in a heap on the floor, spewing blood from that massive hole a Sinow Speigil just punched into you.

Makes sense except that when you die in pso you just hit "yes" in the dialoge window, get your hp/tp/traps refilled, go back and slaughter some more. If you stayed dead everyone would play a ranger. And you guys dissing forces cut it out. A good force player doesn't play long range. He lures enemies into a trap by running near them untill they're all in a tight group and then deals death in spades by means of a strong omni-hitting tech. He takes the same risks a Hunter does.

Now to get on topic. There are two sides to the Hu/Ra arguement the Hunters say rangers are boring. The rangers say hunters aren't as good at killing because they have to get in close. But the hunters can admit the rangers are right (but they won't because it's not true) but no one will say a hunter is boring. The point of the game is to have fun and even if the rangers are better at killing (which they're not) they don't make death as entertaining.

Go with the HUcaseal even if you think the above message is a load o' crap because besides being more fun the HUcaseal is more attractive.

Obscenity
Aug 17, 2003, 04:16 PM
On 2003-08-17 14:12, Quo wrote:

Makes sense except that when you die in pso you just hit "yes" in the dialoge window, get your hp/tp/traps refilled, go back and slaughter some more. If you stayed dead everyone would play a ranger. And you guys dissing forces cut it out. A good force player doesn't play long range. He lures enemies into a trap by running near them untill they're all in a tight group and then deals death in spades by means of a strong omni-hitting tech. He takes the same risks a Hunter does.

Actually, no he doesn't. You proved it already by saying that all they do is run around and then cast techs, whereas a Hunter actually has to physically strike his/her enemies.

Quo
Aug 17, 2003, 04:23 PM
Yeah but you've gotta time it right too or else you get smacked and your dead cause forces have no HP.

And I like hunters too. they're my favorite class

SenzuBean
Aug 17, 2003, 04:47 PM
Id pick none of them because they are shit...but if I had to choose,it would be HUcaseal

Solidus_Snake
Aug 17, 2003, 05:16 PM
Sure cleavng your enemy limb from limb is fun but i like to fill them full of holes. And plus whenyour on the xbox and are in a game with TJs and BKBs your gonna need range if you have any hope of getting exp. plus its fun to piss them off when they say that your killing everything before they can lol. I prefer RAcaseal just because im more suited for rangers than anything else

PSO_4_LiFe
Aug 17, 2003, 05:19 PM
HUcaseal no question about it!!! Give her a pair of daggers and she's deadly. Kinda sexy too lol...

joluh
Aug 17, 2003, 06:08 PM
First: WOW!!! i didn't knew that my topic was going to have many posts and well, 50% of my topics end like this X_x' but no problem i like it

Well i must say that more than OMG LOOK THAT ATA!!! that's the best character, but look THAT CHARACTER OVER THERE HAS THE BEST HP!!! pick that one, no i don't pick them that way, i put more attention on how they look ((and yeah my main and only character is a FOnewm, don't ask =P)) so that's why i didn't knew which one to pick, HUcaseal is damn good looking, how she use daggers or how she looks like a ninja, that's nice, but there's the RAcaseal, so cute XD more with those huge weapons, so i didn't knew, that's why i asked cause i knew all of you were going to post about their stats ((which can help me since i like both)), anyway i'm still confused, anyway i'll make her in a week or so, since tomorrow school start again for me, btw thanks for all the info guys, keep it coming

and about all those posts fighthing about which class is the best and which one sucks, well i like all of them

Hunters, those amazing swords, close combat, that's a challenge and fun, totally fun, more when you just have a saber type weapon and you're surrounded by many enemies, well you have resta... wait you're an android ((more challenge))!!!

Forces, well you should play as one to understand that they rock, no mather which one of the four, and about the aiming or just casting like idiot hitting everything, well looks like you'll never been in the middle of a group or 2 delsaber, 3 demians, 2 la demian, 3 so demian and 2 beltras, no a gifoie won't kill them, maybe for the demians, but then you need barta for delsaber and la demian, which will take much hp from them, but a beltra is weak only to zonde attacks, so it's a challenge to learn all that and more when you have not fluids, and your tp is running down, you don't know ryuker and have no telepipes, so it's not easy being a force, not boring at all

Ranger, well i used RAmarl that got to level 25 ((she was lost with my lv80+ Humar because of a memory card change)) and it was really fun specially with shotguns, but after some time she got kind boring because they have no animation attacks, just bang bang bang, more bang bang bang, uh the enemie is getting close, got hit, 1/2 hp down and you on the floor, damn that sucks, but they still really good, maybe i didn't use them enough

and after all that i still confused about which one to pick so keep voting and posting people...

((thinks: i wrote too much, no one will read my post...))