PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Question: About the X-Box version.

PARANOiA
Aug 17, 2003, 04:17 AM
I own the GC version of the game, and I know I can play offline with GC version, but is there an offline mode for the X-Box version? Or is it strictly online?

Salvashion
Aug 17, 2003, 04:21 AM
I heard that there is an offline version but u still need x box live to play it for some reason.

asukaS
Aug 17, 2003, 09:37 AM
The first thing you have to do after hitting the start button at the beginning of PSOX is pick your gamertag. This is why xbox live is required. Although I play online, I think this sucks for anyone who doesnt wish to play online. That means they have to buy the Xboxlive kit regardless. Anyone who plays PSOX offline only please correct me if im wrong about this. But I dont see a way to get around it.

Another problem with xbox live is the number a chars you can have under your gamertag(only 12). I have 12 chars http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif If i want to have more than 12, I heard that I have to get another gamertag(that means another $50 bucks for the kit and another 8.95/mo)

Psox won't let you create a new char on a memory card, only on the hard drive. It only lets you move chars temporarily to another xbox with a memory card.

Zinger314
Aug 17, 2003, 10:05 AM
Why do you need more than 12 characters? That's about 1 per section ID!

Anyways, I have no clue why you need Xbox live.

asukaS
Aug 17, 2003, 10:09 AM
On 2003-08-17 08:05, Zinger314 wrote:
Why do you need more than 12 characters? That's about 1 per section ID!

because I am addicted.

primer567
Aug 17, 2003, 01:30 PM
Another problem with xbox live is the number a chars you can have under your gamertag(only 12). I have 12 chars If i want to have more than 12, I heard that I have to get another gamertag(that means another $50 bucks for the kit and another 8.95/mo)

Not really, there are 4 slots for gamertags and you can use one gamertag in each slot for a maximum of 48 characters. Only problem is when you use another slot you dont have everyones card but they have yours.

HighElf9310
Aug 17, 2003, 02:14 PM
Another problem with xbox live is the number a chars you can have under your gamertag(only 12). I have 12 chars http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif If i want to have more than 12, I heard that I have to get another gamertag(that means another $50 bucks for the kit and another 8.95/mo)

I know that my friend has two accounts on his XBOX...neither are full, but they are the same gamertag. His g/f wanted to play, and created a second slot on the start-up screen with the same gamertag. So you might be able to get more than 12 characters...

asukaS
Aug 17, 2003, 02:19 PM
Not really, there are 4 slots for gamertags and you can use one gamertag in each slot for a maximum of 48 characters. Only problem is when you use another slot you dont have everyones card but they have yours.

Im gonna give it a shot. Thanks! I just assumed that your had to pay more for another gamertag. Guess thats what i get for assuming