PDA

View Full Version : Read this and share

Runuragged420
Mar 25, 2001, 05:11 PM
ok here it goes...
i would like to say i love this game...no not basketball...PSO
to me it is one of , if not the best and most fun games i have ever played.
so with this being said a day w/o PSO sound s crazy to me.
well while at work yesterday(terribly hung over :< )I was skipping around the best board for PSO i have found(this one)and decided to check the barter board.
to my luck a guy was looking to trade for a weapon i have and give me a holy ray. this was way cool cause i have been kinda wanting one. so in anticipation i was excited about using my new gun when i came home from work.
me and the guy set up a time to meet and a place and the deal was ready to go.
so when i finally got off of work i raced (literally raced) home and went to boot up the old but never faithful DC and low and behold ...(girls you may not want to read further what is about to be said has crippled the strongest men in pro wrestling before) MY COPY OF PSO WAS UNDER THE LEG OF MI HEAVY AS H*LL OAK COFFEE TABLE AND IT WAS SMASHED TO BITS.

<sigh>Apparently in a drunken stupor(kids dont drink its bad...case in point)i decided to take out PSO from my DC and get on the web w/ it to check out Crown Royal.com(i know...im a dumba$$)i seem to have layed it on the floor an when i pulled the futon out for my friend i set the coffee table start on it.
(its ok to cry.....i'll continue once your done)

done?
ok. well i a instant of desperation(or brilliance) i came up with the idea of trading off my old DC games to get another copy.
So i called to used cd stores. First one said they dont carry pso because of the code needed to get only is DC specific and the online feature would be useless and the other said they had one so i told them to hold it i would be there to trade some game in for it....he said which ones...i listed about 6 games and he said "tell you what..you give me Hydro thunder and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and you can have PSO." i then ran around my house in joy shouting the praises of used cd stores. so i gathered up my games and headed out. on my way i stoped for some gas and jolt cola so i could first get to the cd store and also stay up playing PSO.
i got to the cd place and realized that i had only taken the cd cases and not the games w/ me to the store.
i felt like a moron but i quickly went back home and got the games and went back to the store where mister ponytail man said he could not take the cds cause of minor scratches (which did not prohibit play in the least bit).
I WAS CRUSHED!!!
then somewhere between the door of the cd place and my car i remembered the other cd place was around the corner and they had a industrial cd buffer and cleaner. they were bond to give me the money for the cds and i could return to the other store to clam my new copy of PSO. well turns out i was RIGHT HAHAHAHAHA. they gave me 50 bucks for gran turismo 1, sf 3, doa 2 and, fishermans bait! i took my money and went back to the cd store where the ponytail man said, "Had to have it huh? Well, tell you what for the trouble...i will take 29.99 for the game."
So not only did i have my new and UNcrushed copy i went home and emailed my holyray contacted and set a new date and time for thew exchange. oh..i also played till 5:07 this morning.
A gripping story i know.

But what would you do for a..... PSO?
---
WWW.STONEGROUNDKELLY.COM
CHECK THEM OUT

ACE
Mar 25, 2001, 06:04 PM
That is PSO devotion to its fullest.

Nex_Nergal
Apr 3, 2001, 04:30 AM
Great story there...

AdamW
Apr 3, 2001, 05:21 AM
Yes, something very similiar happened to me, but not quite as long. Basically, I bought a copy of PSO when it first came out and soon determined that my DC did not work properly online. Mind you, I had already had the game online, just not a whole lot. Therefore the registration code was already well...registered. So I went out and bought a brand new DC and a brand new copy of PSO. And I still have the exact same damn problem. I guess I need to call SegaNet and see what the dillio is.

zanza
Apr 3, 2001, 05:42 AM
YOU AND ADAMW'S STORIES ARE WHAT
DEVOTION TO PSO ARE ALL ABOUT!
GO ON WITH 'YO BADSELVES!http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif
GREAT STORIES BY THE WAY!
2 THUMBS UP!

Excalibur
Apr 3, 2001, 06:48 AM
The story sounds great. U possibly described me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif

But one stupid question stays in the room.
How could u reuse ure character with a new PSO-Game??

Is that possible???

greetings from switzerland
Excalibur

Torment
Apr 3, 2001, 08:14 AM
Thank you, Excalibur, for mentioning that last line. I thought I was the only one here thinking that. Just to reiterate, you cannot use a PSO character from one copy of the game on another copy of the game. I tried it. It doesn't work. Whenever my friend comes over every week, he has to bring his entire DC and his own copy of PSO with him because he cannot load his character up on my DC, nor can we just swap out my copy of PSO.

In other words--and not be offensive or to call you a lier--your story is BS. =D

Runuragged420
Apr 3, 2001, 03:42 PM
I had no probs using my old char.
and i had the same dc an case to my first copy of PSO so i have no online probs.

everything is cool...life is great...and PSO LIVES ON!!!!!!!!!!

Torment
Apr 3, 2001, 11:03 PM
AH!! So that's how you get around it....use the same serial codes for the new copy of PSO that your old copy had. My appologies for calling your story BS. It's good to know that there's a way around Sega's rediculous lockout system. =D

Ice_
Apr 3, 2001, 11:30 PM
wow talk about going from the bottom of heal to the top of heaven at the end of ur day!!!! lol

Runuragged420
Apr 4, 2001, 03:19 AM
<h1>Thanks for all the Replies</h1>

Anyone else w/ a story?

SHOW YOUR DEVOTION!!!!

Mazarin
Apr 4, 2001, 03:29 AM
I beleive the DC serial# is what stops it. If you swap discs, but use the same DC and VMU save, you're fine ^_^