PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Chars in Chat

Marc_Ruef
Aug 17, 2003, 09:58 AM
Hi!

I saw two different people on the european servers, that used japanese charset for the chat.

How is that possible? Is it needed that you switch your xbox language settings to japanese? Or can you switch during the gameplay?

Bye, Marc

asukaS
Aug 17, 2003, 10:07 AM
You need to change you xbox settings to JP. Then go into PSOX, set your up your shortcut chat. This can be difficult for some since menu is in JP now. But after you have done this, save, and then go back and change you xbox settings back to english. Now when you are in pso your shortcut chats will still be what you set them in JP( JP chars, stars, whatever).

Dhylec
Aug 17, 2003, 10:54 AM
i heard this drive the japanese crazy 'cus the made-up chars dont make sense http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

asukaS
Aug 17, 2003, 02:22 PM
Well since US xbox live can't play with JP xbox live, I dont think it should be a problem. But I can see how it would be annoying, like saying, "sisdgafgasfksdfas!!"

monkeyfist
Aug 17, 2003, 06:23 PM
you can do that on jp though. there is a cool smilie face and you can spell out TELEPIPE PLEASE although some people dont pick up on it

Savrak
Aug 17, 2003, 07:22 PM
Yeah someone did that and got complimented on their knowledge of Kanji. And went into this big praise about how they we're so talented for not being Japanese but knowing it. I finally told him when reached the high point of being a fool.

rena-ko
Aug 18, 2003, 10:24 AM
yes, most annoying is the 'shi-ro-shi'-lol.

the yu-yu-yu fishes with bubbles however are kinda nice...

*murmurs while fading away*

NeoLon
Aug 18, 2003, 12:10 PM
i don't see y the japanese should be annoyed...i mean they do use the letter W as a form of lol.

no1
Aug 18, 2003, 01:48 PM
Yes the symbols shiroshi can get annoying. My Japanese friend thought it was funny when I said one of the symbols looked like a fish. The little kanji man is one of my favourites. Some is the symbol for forest. It looks like a little monster or christmas tree if you aren't on a high res TV or monitor -.-