PDA

View Full Version : The Corruption Lab

AUTO_
Aug 17, 2003, 02:57 PM
I basically wanted to make this thread for people to share anything they know about FSOD-X. If you don't quite understand what I mean, I'll start off with some questions.

1. Does having more characters (like 4) on a memory card increase your chances of corrupting?

2. Does a higher Guild Card count increase your chances of corrupting?

3. If higher guild cards DO increase the chances of FSOD-X, does the game take longer to save the guild card file? Thereby DECREASING your chances of losing your character information?

4. Has anyone ever corrupted different then the FSOD-X during the double save? Is there any other common way to corrupt?

5. Is there any way to decrease your chances of corruption when joining LAST in a game?

6. Is it true you can take a snapshot as you enter a game LAST thereby saving your file before the double save is implemented?

7. If you FSOD-X during saving, what would happen if you pulled out the memory card?

8. What causes the actual freezing during the save? Is it due to the other 3 users all talking when the fourth enters? Is there no reason why people freeze in the last spot?

Monomate
Aug 17, 2003, 03:11 PM
i can answer number 4. offline people can corrupt too. I've done it twice, the first time i was able to retrieve it the second i couldn't. dunno how/why it happened but no double save.

AUTO_
Aug 17, 2003, 03:42 PM
I wonder how you corrupted offline...

Maybe the card came loose while you were saving...

O_o;

Bit
Aug 17, 2003, 03:48 PM
You can get corrupted if the power of the GameCube is turned off in any way while saving.

This includes hitting the off switch, or just a lightning storm knocking your power out.

AUTO_
Aug 17, 2003, 03:53 PM
On 2003-08-17 12:57, AUTO_ wrote:
6. Is it true you can take a snapshot as you enter a game LAST thereby saving your file before the double save is implemented?

Anyone ever tried this?

Dgo
Aug 17, 2003, 05:13 PM
I have it has problems or i'm just doing wrong but no fsod yet not like i want that s@#$ i pray i don't get it,but anyway hmm ok this happends to me i join a game and do the trick but some one joins after me and weridly enough its say please wait while blank joins game after he joins the game i still have the blank joins game thingy on my screen so i have to leave the game and come back for it to leave.Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?