PDA

View Full Version : Pixel441's guide to Effective support FOrces

Pixel441
Aug 17, 2003, 09:57 PM
--------------------------------------------
Pixel441's guide to Effective support FOrces
--------------------------------------------

Hello, and thanks for reading my guide, I will talk about how to properly play a support FOrce. This is my first guide so please, feel free to make suggestions. You can contact me on AIM my handle is: Hybrid Chocobo and my email: [email protected]. I hope you like my guide and if you did, then please let me know! [NOTE: This guide is headed for those that want some tips and tricks on how to play a support FOrce, you will not find here how to make a meeling FOrce or other types of play, now with that being said, lets continue.]

------------------------
What is a support FOrce?
------------------------
Well, to start, a support FOrce is a FOrce that is always alert of what could happen to other characters or players. They specialize on techniques such as: Healing techniques: Resta [To cure the Hit Points, more commonly known as: HP], Anti [To cure status ailments such as: poison, shock, paralysis, confuse, slow, ATP down, DFP down and finally freeze], Reverser [To revive down allies] and Support techniques: Shifta [Increases your and your allies ATP], Deband [Increases your and your allies DFP], Jellen [Decreases enemy's ATP], Zalure [Decreases enemy's DFP] and last but certainly not least; Ryuker [Transports you and your allies to Pioneer 2]

----------------------------
Which FOrce should I choose?
----------------------------
Folks, definatly the best FOrce to play [in terms of support-role, character] is the FOnewearl. This cute mage excels in magic and have the highest mental strength / TP potential of any class. As a newman they regenerate their TP. At higher levels the rate of TP recovery also increases. They have a resta and anti bonus [x2] meaning that they have a great range and recovery rate of very efficient healing techniques, they have also a bonus on simple techniques [Foie, Barta and Zonde], meaning that they do a pretty decent damage; Megid penetrates.

FOnewearls can be a killing machine as well as a support character, it suits well in online mode as you can see thanks to their extra bonus, you can combine this bonuses to do a lot more damages and x2 range, with the different kinds of merges, such as deband and shifta merge, which compensates the lack of x2 range on these techniques, as soon as you level up your character you will see the amazing range of their techniques thanks to their high MST.

---------------------------------------------------
What is a section ID and which one should I choose?
---------------------------------------------------
A section ID is a way to "identify" your character; it depends on the name that you choose for your character. It is highly recommended that you choose wisely and carefully the name you are going to use for your character since the tekker and the type of items/drop rate as well as unique items depends on your Section ID.

Pinkal is definatly the best section ID for FOrces since they find: Wands, and high level Technique Disks which are definatly a good thing for your FOrce. If you can play PSO online then the section ID should not be of a big problem since you can trade items with your online buddies, you can always use the multiplayer mode, but it isn't going to be likely that you find some good rares from your friend next door.

------------------------------------------------
Tips and trick on how to play your support FOrce
------------------------------------------------
+Know your role: There a lot of heated debates on many PSO fan sites on whether you should: A] Keep everybody healed and S/D'ed
and don't do anything else because you might get in their way or B] You should nuke the room and finish with everything on it. The only thing that needs to be said here is: Being a force involves a lot of patience and requires you to be very aware of what?s happening on your surroundings. Your priority is to keep everyone healed and safe, but you can always throw some offensive techniques to support them and to get experience too! [Hunters and Rangers: Remember that FOrces are here to help as well as to play and enjoy the game, they are people like you and errr... me ^_^ they need to get experience too, and be patient with them]. A good way to get experience without using too many "offensive" techniques is to, use Jellen and Zalure they hit the enemy so, that means you get the same amount of experience as the other players of the team.

+Lay a pipe: In other way, cast Ryuker or use a telepipe when you get to bosses, these can be VERY helpful since you will not have to run through the levels again, specially when you are playing with under-level players or just simply not "playing too well".

+Don't carry too many meseta to Ragol: Remember this, you will get killed a lot, especially when you are not paying attention, deposit everything you are not using, otherwise you will loose all the meseta. This is a very sad/bad thing; believe me especially when you are a force and rasing a hungry MAG.

+Pay attention to your surroundings: Your radar is your best friend, especially on those dark rooms where you can't see nothing, be aware of the enemy's as well as your ally?s positions. Be sure that your friends are healed, and without any status ailments otherwise it could prove fatal.
Pay attention on the "speed" of the bad guys, some people like to shoot Foie and stay on the same place saying something like: "This is going to be the last Foie, this will kill him" Just to see him/her seconds later lying in the floor, waiting for someone to cast resta or use a moon atomizer. Be aware that when you die your weapon will automatically un-equip.

+Learn the weakness of the baddies and also which weapon is better on that situation: You know how this works, you cast some barta to some dimenians on ruins just to realize seconds later that Foie is way better. Different weapons brings differents status such as: 40% of Foie techniques, x2 shifta and deband range etc. Have some handy weapons and merges to combine them they will prove very useful on tight situations.

+Have a good sense of item usage, and believe in your mag: Before you go down to Ragol, be sure that you get plenty of di's and trifluids [Even monofluids works well], moon-sol-star atomizers as well as mates. Feed your mag regularly as it will provide you with plenty of nice treats such as: Invincibility for a short period of time, Shifta/Deband and can even cast reverser on you.

+It is always a nice idea to know the different kinds of maps, if your in a hurry, don't have too many items this will prove you very useful, use the healing rings often as they will save you from a trip to Pioneer 2 or the usage of some fluids and mates.

+But, I think the most important tip of all is to, have fun, play nice, and treat others with nice comments, make them feel special and don't be greedy with the rewards and items that you may find. If you find something that you can't or don't need, give it to somebody that might use if, after all you'll never know if they might do the same with you, and tell other about the nice way you play. Act as a team play like a team.

Thanks, I hope you liked it.

See you around. ^_^

clance
Aug 17, 2003, 10:01 PM
awsome guide http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

BablerMouth
Aug 17, 2003, 10:08 PM
yea, i think it took me longer to read it than you to write it XD
neway, good job.

ask lolita to add this to guide http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

LollipopLolita
Aug 17, 2003, 11:21 PM
you called?

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1293

monkeyfist
Aug 17, 2003, 11:29 PM
weeeeeeee. very nice guide. and quick work lolita, very nice too.

Aphrodite2003
Aug 17, 2003, 11:33 PM
Nice guide. i guess i thought that Fomarls would be better at (Support), due to their boost to S/D as well as R/A. Anywasy, great guide.

Da_Wrecka
Aug 18, 2003, 07:33 PM
On 2003-08-17 21:33, Aphrodite2003 wrote:
Nice guide. i guess i thought that Fomarls would be better at (Support), due to their boost to S/D as well as R/A. Anywasy, great guide.

Agreed. FOmarls have double Shifta, Deband, Resta and Anti range compared to a FOnewearl's double Resta/Anti and 50% Shifta/Deband ranges. For that reason they're excellent support Forces. Offensively they're limited compared to a FOnewearl but when it comes to support they are without peer. (FOmars take a 50% hit to their Resta and Anti range in exchange for their doubled Shifta/Deband range, making them far poorer for a support role than the FOnewearl - Shifta and Deband are needed infrequently but Resta and Anti are needed far more often) The FOmarl combines the best support features of the two with a boosted Grants, which can be handy for eliminating the more dangerous enemies. (Some of the most dangerous enemies, like the Gran Sorc and Hildelt, are vulnerable to Grants and take minimal damage from other techniques.

Ergo; the FOnewearl may be a good support FO but the FOmarl kicks her tail in that respect. FOnewearls DO excel in Ultimate Episode 2 though, where her Megid can be exceedingly effective. (Virtually everything in CCA and Seabed are Megid-vulnerable, even Morfos on Ultimate - and a FOnewearl's naturally penetrating Megid can eliminate threats before they make too much of a nuisance of themselves)

Nani-chan
Aug 18, 2003, 11:44 PM
Both are good. Fomarls have higher hp, atp, dfp, and ata but have lower evp and mst max at 1284.

I think many people prefer fonewearl since their mst max isn't so low. Higher mst can make techs do more damage and resta heal more.

In any case some classes aren't for some people but any class can shine if a person strives at at it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Night_Star
Aug 18, 2003, 11:53 PM
i personally have to agree with pixel441 on this
fonewearls are better because they have much more MST than fomarl, also they have some boosted techs. fomarls are only good in a group of 4 people and constantly using s/d/j/z as her only way of hitting the enemies
fonewearl has some boosted techs and can still be worth something in battle http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Symbios
Aug 19, 2003, 01:49 AM
FOmarls have the strongest grants.
Nuff' said.