PDA

View Full Version : best gun....

Steal
Aug 18, 2003, 01:17 AM
hey im new to the pso forum so if i screw up then its cuz i dont no any better lol anyway i have a ranger(RAmar)(i icon is my exact guy....weird lol) cuz i think they're the best class anyway i was wondering wuts the best gun so i can keep my eye out for it? rite now i would kill for a red scorpion but my guys on lv. 46 so i got a lot more to go lol

Dbc
Aug 18, 2003, 01:27 AM
guilty light is better then red scorpio to me beacause it has a good chance of freezing the character best combo is snow queen/guld milla combo

VulpesMundi
Aug 18, 2003, 02:15 AM
The best anything tends to vary from person to person based on preferences. If you want to get into sheer technical statistics, then the Spread Needle is currently the overall best gun in E1&2 (the S-rank Needle has yet to be released, but that was the best on ver.2). Why, you ask? Simple. It's fast, it hits multiple targets, and it has an extremely effective special attack that works great even in Ultimate. Shotguns can't even dream of doing what the Spread Needle can, since they're so slow. The Spread Needle is a unique rifle-class weapon with the five-shot capability of a shotgun. It has roughly the range of a mechgun burst, which is shorter than it used to be but still wide enough to be extremely useful. The Spread Needle's only fault seems to be a low maximum ATP. However, the Spread Needle doesn't need a lot of power to do a lot of damage. What it lacks in ATP it makes up for by being able to lock a mob of up to five targets simultaneously in place and keep them at bay. And bosses that have close-set target locations are no match against the Spread Needle. You want a killer weapon, the Spread Needle is the all-purpose go-to gun. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

LoreSeeker
Aug 18, 2003, 09:42 AM
I can second what Vulpes said. Spread Needles are simply awesome. My RAmar uses it almost all the time, only sometimes switching over to other weapons to solo enemies, freeze them, or drain HP/TP.

Kade
Aug 18, 2003, 10:35 AM
Heavins Punisher http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

silvermax
Aug 18, 2003, 11:31 AM
HP only when you got the right beet time... come on sinow reds you know you wana drop it for me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

i so want a Spread Needle...

Steal
Aug 18, 2003, 01:51 PM
nice thanx ppl. rite now i have a photon launcer+9 and a WALS-MK2 which on should i use(by the wayi can make the wals +7 but im not sure if i want to yet) currently im n the ruins on hard mode so iwnn no which gn is better.

St_Botchua
Aug 18, 2003, 02:01 PM
heavens punisher when you do the special it hits every guy in the room

PhoneyMcRingRing
Aug 18, 2003, 06:45 PM
i dunno about the best shotgun type weapon, spread needle is awesome so i dont mean to belittle its abilities. but a baranz launcher with a god/battle and a lot of money is one of my favorite weapons, the battle speeds it up and with the charge special the money helps a lot. Guld milla is another amazing gun although incredibly hard to find. i had to trade for the handgun milla so mine is, from what i know at least 50% legit. rifle wise, i love the yasminkovs 3000 and 7000. heaven punisher is pretty good but its usefulness dropped a lot on ultimate the damage i do is only about 170. charge vulcans do a LOT of damage to a single target but goes through money very quickly.

those are my preferances may not be everyone's but those are my favorite guns.

Genoa
Aug 18, 2003, 07:04 PM
On 2003-08-18 08:35, Kade wrote:
Heavins Punisher http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

beat me to it, I mean it says its the Ultimate gun on its description.

Bit
Aug 18, 2003, 07:08 PM
I'm surprised noone has said Frozen Shooter. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

That thing can easily rip through a level with little effort from the player. A few well placed shots, and you have yourself a frozen room. The only drawback is the random freezing thing, Which I actually found to be not so bothersome, I have yet to run into a situation where it actually bothered me.

Genoa
Aug 18, 2003, 07:17 PM
oh yeah, the frozen shooter. Well technicly it isn't the Strongest gun but with its ablility it is one of the best guns. But isn't paralysis better than freeze? (for a creature/machine that is) they should have a gun called... "Zap Cannon" a really good shock shot. And I love those guns that ryme. Master's Blaster, Shock Shot, ect...

Aero_Ruisu
Aug 19, 2003, 02:24 AM
I would recommend Spread Needle due to its versatility and it is incrediably easy to find. Between my friends and I we have found 13 Spread Needles so no RA is without one. lol

Da_Wrecka
Aug 19, 2003, 11:42 AM
The best guns in the game are possibly the Frozen Shooter and the Yasminkov 9000M. The Spread Needle is versatile but its special is useless in Mines (machines are immune to paralysis) whereas the Frozen Shooter works equally well no matter where you are. It's also nigh-guaranteed to freeze the target, unlike the Needle which is decidedly hit-and-miss. (Mostly miss) The Yasminkov 9000M may be a little lacking in the ATP department, but its range means you can start laying on the hurt long before you can with the Guld Milla or Red Mechgun. Combine the two and you can turn an enemy into an icecube then start beating on him with mechs from miles away.

For groups of enemies though, the Needle is without peer. It's a lot suckier compared to its v1/2 counterpart but it's still incredibly useful.

DesertFox
Aug 19, 2003, 12:34 PM
I bought charge vulcans last night with 35% hit from the shop, I do about 2/3 of my normal damage with my Bringer's rifle but the special is about double.

PABLOparavida
Aug 19, 2003, 12:40 PM
There are lots of really good guns out there go to item findings and go to your section ID and see what you can find.