PDA

View Full Version : Megrid HELP!!

JayHale
Mar 25, 2001, 07:59 PM
Today while playing I decided to use Megrid because Grants was getting old, and since it's a high lvl tech I though, why not? Well one of the people I was playing with asked me how to use it, because they had it, but couldn't use it. Well, I was like totally dumbfounded, because I didn't know how to use it either. I've used it so many times, but it's never worked like it was supposed to. It's supposed to be a one hit kill Tech, but from what I've seen it's just a waste of TP, which brings me to my point. How can you get it to work on a regular basis, or at all, it's never worked for me once. Is megrid a waste or a valuable tech that many of you can't do without?

Fargo
Mar 25, 2001, 09:06 PM
I also have this Megid annoyance - it never seems to work - however, I have literally just this moment thought of a possible solution - you know it sort of slowly drifts away from you when you cast it? Well, how about pressing the same button you used to cast it, when it reaches your intended target, sort of like a detonation thing? I might be barking up the wrong tree here, but hopefully, some lovely people here will provide us with the bona-fide answer...

SaitoH
Mar 25, 2001, 09:07 PM
I don't use megid too much myself. I have lvl 9 and it works about 30% of time. Maybe lvl 15 would kick butt?

Gericault
Mar 25, 2001, 09:50 PM
Megid has a base chance of working that is 45% +4% per level of spell MINUS the Dark resistance of the enemy you're using it on. So let's say you used Megid 1 on a monster with a 35 resistance to Dark. The Megid only has a 10% chance of working. You need high-level megid to use it at all, and even then, I'd just save it for Pan Arms.

Fargo
Mar 25, 2001, 09:59 PM
So this would mean it's basically useless in the Ruins...? Makes sense. They don't much like Grants. But okay in the Caves...? and against Pan-Arms? cool. Maybe I won't have to halve my TP bar with Rabarta level 13 every time I come across them and try to take them out when they're together (for panarm blades naturally - still haven't got them, despite having killed about 60 conjoined Pan Arms...)