PDA

View Full Version : Should my new RAmar's MAG have Mind on it?

Siphon
Aug 18, 2003, 12:49 PM
So I can cast better S/D? I want a Nidra for him.

Ketchup345
Aug 18, 2003, 12:53 PM
On 2003-08-18 10:49, Siphon wrote:
So I can cast better S/D? I want a Nidra for him.

Use either FuryBagi's max stat guide or the Reccomended class mag at this site, I can't give a link right now but its in the Character guides.

You might want some, but you might want to have M&Y on there to do that for you.

Edit: You might also want to think about getting a Mag with abilities like Rati Instead, since being a RAmar you are out of the action anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-08-18 10:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-08-18 14:43 ]</font>

muff
Aug 18, 2003, 12:54 PM
I really wouldn't bother putting mind on a ramars mag, his s/d doesn't make that much off a difference btw.

Garm
Aug 18, 2003, 12:57 PM
dowload a magfarmer and check how to get max stats, feed him like that and don't use 2 much mats

St_Botchua
Aug 18, 2003, 02:04 PM
i personaly like have having mind on my mag it helps in the early levels more resta

joncushing
Aug 18, 2003, 04:35 PM
perhaps you should make a mag with some mind and alot of dex (for ata) and some power (for atp)

Para
Aug 18, 2003, 05:10 PM
i think RAmars dont really need mind..

Though I do have a RAmarl Mag which has these stats
140 pow 40 dex 10 mind 10 def with estella, pilla and mylla youlla and its a purple nidra ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2003-08-18 15:11 ]</font>

Stalfos333
Aug 18, 2003, 05:29 PM
10 mind might as well be none, and I can't say I approve of the extra 5 defence...

The fact is, a Ranger Mag and a Hunter Mag are practically identical, until you start having to worry about stat maxing. Lots of Power, some Dex, and not much else worth going on the mag.

Hunters have the Def to stay close, Rangers shouldn't be getting hit all that often. In multi play, a Ranger can pretty much stay in a doorway while a hunter draws fire, using weapons like a Frozen Shooter (which is pretty easy for even a legit to get, and worth its weight in gold) or a Spread Needle (Worth more, less easy). You don't need Def at all except for bosses if you play mostly multiplayer, and can rely on your armor and barrier to protect you offline. Don't put it on your mag.

Dex is what Rangers rely on to equip weapons, and to do damage. A Ranger should be using Hard attack and specials more than a Hunter, so extra Dex is important. Hunters need it to hit at all, Rangers need it to hit better.

Magic is not a Hunter or Ranger's forte. You'll use your TP for Resta and Ryuker. If you have it, S/D, and J/Z at bosses. That's pretty much it. A foie ball is going to do less damage than your three hit combo, and won't boost a Ranger's range any. Mind on a Mag is a waste, especially for a RaMar.

Ketchup345
Aug 18, 2003, 05:35 PM
Magic is not a Hunter or Ranger's forte. You'll use your TP for Resta and Ryuker. If you have it, S/D, and J/Z at bosses.

You can't J/Z bosses.

strongmad89
Aug 18, 2003, 05:35 PM
The mind helped me. It gives you a lot more Resta. You don't really need Shifta and Deband. Don't forget to give some to POW and DEX and if you really need it, give a little to DEF. Hope that helps! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Bit
Aug 18, 2003, 05:36 PM
On 2003-08-18 15:35, Ketchup345 wrote:

Magic is not a Hunter or Ranger's forte. You'll use your TP for Resta and Ryuker. If you have it, S/D, and J/Z at bosses.

You can't J/Z bosses.

I J/Z Ultimate Olga Flow, So it's quite possible.

Stalfos333
Aug 18, 2003, 05:48 PM
I J/Z all the bosses...At least the icon appears next to their name, I do more damage, and it makes the spell connect sound...

Ketchup345
Aug 18, 2003, 06:04 PM
OK, I was wrong, it does work.

Genoa
Aug 18, 2003, 06:30 PM
I "had" a level 89 RAmar (ult caves) his mag (asparas with 115 mind) had level 20 on all his techs. I had shifta and deband on all the time. And my custimazation was:
B = Dimate
A = Attack
X = Heavy Attack

R Menu
B = Resta
A = (either Rafoie, Rabarta, or Razonde...depended where I was)
X = Difluid

I'm so hooked on those settings, if someone changed them I'd probably die. But yes, Mind is good for a RAmar, seeing they lack it so much. oh by the way, never worry about there ata. Unless you play online and get some dubed special weapon gun that requires alot of ata, but if you play offline, I doubt you'll find a gun out of your ata reach.

Ketchup345
Aug 18, 2003, 06:43 PM
On 2003-08-18 16:30, MegamanX wrote:
I "had" a level 89 RAmar (ult caves) his mag (asparas with 115 mind) had level 20 on all his techs. I had shifta and deband on all the time. And my custimazation was:
B = Dimate
A = Attack
X = Heavy Attack

R Menu
B = Resta
A = (either Rafoie, Rabarta, or Razonde...depended where I was)
X = Difluid

I'm so hooked on those settings, if someone changed them I'd probably die. But yes, Mind is good for a RAmar, seeing they lack it so much. oh by the way, never worry about there ata. Unless you play online and get some dubed special weapon gun that requires alot of ata, but if you play offline, I doubt you'll find a gun out of your ata reach.

A RAmar can onlyu use Techs to level 15. And what is the point of having Dimates and Resta in your action bar?

Genoa
Aug 18, 2003, 07:08 PM
15, are you sure? Well if it is then I meant 15 cause I remember I had the disk right for the next level and it had an X on the side. Been too long since I had a RAmar. Guess I got confused with my RAmarl. and I have Dimate and Resta there so I can heal?!?!? makes sence. Dimate there because if I get hit and I know that I won't have time for Resta. And resta's there cause I get hurt alot...

Ketchup345
Aug 18, 2003, 07:24 PM
On 2003-08-18 17:08, MegamanX wrote:
15, are you sure? Well if it is then I meant 15 cause I remember I had the disk right for the next level and it had an X on the side. Been too long since I had a RAmar. Guess I got confused with my RAmarl. and I have Dimate and Resta there so I can heal?!?!? makes sence. Dimate there because if I get hit and I know that I won't have time for Resta. And resta's there cause I get hurt alot...

HUmars and RAmars can only learn techs to level 15 and can't learn one set of the Support type spells. Anyway RAmars have the lowest MST in the game, besides androids of course. And I guess it is ok to have the Dimate and Resta, but I find it more useful to have the controls as:
(R)
B: Special Resta
A: Hard Spell (Normally Rafoie)
X: Weak Spell (Normally Anti)

and I use the fast item menu for quick heals.

Genoa
Aug 18, 2003, 07:32 PM
Special Resta? Now you lost me... I don't have I high level anti so I only use it if poisoned (rare) cause I shoot lily's from far away. and seeing that I was on ult, I didn't get poisoned from Lily's ... or killed cause I had atleast 100 resistence to dark (shield of delsaber, holiness armor, and 4 Resist/Devils) and I'm not real good at the quick bar thing.

Ketchup345
Aug 18, 2003, 07:36 PM
On 2003-08-18 17:32, MegamanX wrote:
Special Resta? Now you lost me... I don't have I high level anti so I only use it if poisoned (rare) cause I shoot lily's from far away. and seeing that I was on ult, I didn't get poisoned from Lily's ... or killed cause I had atleast 100 resistence to dark (shield of delsaber, holiness armor, and 4 Resist/Devils) and I'm not real good at the quick bar thing.

Ok, this thing messed up my post. The things to the right are the buttons when you hold R. So I would have the B button as the special attack and R+B would be Resta.
Oh, and this is with a RAmarl, but most spells are level 14 right now.

Genoa
Aug 18, 2003, 07:44 PM
ooooooooooh... Thats y. Well I got a Ramarl... Its on my sig. I gotta change that... she's 77 now. She's doin alright for now... She's wearin the followin:

Justy 23ST (0/40/0/0/40), Vulcans+9 (0/25/0/0)
Holiness Armor
1. Ogre/Power
2. Metal/Body
3. Wizard/Technique
4. Wizard/Technique
Celestrial Shield
Kama (lvl. 190... DEF=30, POW=120, DEX=20, MIND=20)