PDA

View Full Version : How many runs for a GOD/BATTLE

rayner
Aug 18, 2003, 01:45 PM
I play on the GameCube and I have a REDRIA HUcaseal at level 82. I know the Hildelt drops it in Ultimate Forest and I want to do some offline Forest of Sorrow runs to try to find one. How many Hildelts do you estimate I have to kill to score me a GOD/BATTLE??

Reiya
Aug 18, 2003, 01:55 PM
i got mine from my 11th run

RoninJoku
Aug 18, 2003, 01:56 PM
I dont have a redria, but i do have a redria friend whos just about the luckiest person ive ever seen who has already found 5+ god battles... All legit... Im pretty sure all he did was east tower and hs...

rayner
Aug 18, 2003, 02:09 PM
I hope I find one within the first 20 or so runs. I wouldn't consider myself the luckiest PSO player... I did find 2 Hildetorr's in one day without doing the tele-pipe trick. LOL

Keiro_Habiki
Aug 18, 2003, 05:29 PM
Ive done about 15+ runs with my HUmar and still no god/battle >.< o well at least im leveling up...... good luck with it though.

Rep0
Aug 18, 2003, 05:33 PM
Got mine on my 4th run

Stalfos333
Aug 18, 2003, 05:51 PM
Every 5-8 complete FOS runs, I'll get one.

Da_Wrecka
Aug 18, 2003, 07:40 PM
With regular FoS runs I'd normally give up after about 8 tries with no God/Battle. However, I'd precede my God/Battle runs thereafter with a Mil Lily hunt in Waterfall Tears. Once I found a Mil, then no matter what it dropped I'd start doing Forest of Sorrow. I'd normally get one 3 runs laters.

Lately though, (my REDRIA is pushing close to L148 now) I've seen far fewer God/Battle runs, even with the preceding Mil hunt.

My theory is that certain rares come at certain points, and after that you won't see them as often. My five God/Battles (all legit) came around the L130-140 mark. If you can Mil hunt then turn up no God/Battles in FoS afterwards, I'd suggest trying to level closer to 130 or so and giving it another go. If nothing else the levels won't hurt.

LoreSeeker
Aug 18, 2003, 07:56 PM
I got mine after about 5 regular runs through Ult Forest. I guess I got lucky.

Musashi-Slasher
Aug 18, 2003, 08:13 PM
I did twelve runs through Forest Of Sorrow. I think it was twelve. I got like 3 photon drops form hildelts i thought were gonna be god battles.

LoreSeeker
Aug 18, 2003, 08:18 PM
On 2003-08-18 18:13, Musashi-Slasher wrote:
I did twelve runs through Forest Of Sorrow. I think it was twelve. I got like 3 photon drops form hildelts i thought were gonna be god battles.

That's cruel and unusual punishment!! How could ST program their game to do that? PD's really shouldn't drop in a red box...

Rep0
Aug 18, 2003, 08:33 PM
On 2003-08-18 17:40, Da_Wrecka wrote:
My theory is that certain rares come at certain points, and after that you won't see them as often. My five God/Battles (all legit) came around the L130-140 mark. If you can Mil hunt then turn up no God/Battles in FoS afterwards, I'd suggest trying to level closer to 130 or so and giving it another go. If nothing else the levels won't hurt.

I dunno where people get this theory, as rare drops are totally random.

Da_Wrecka
Aug 18, 2003, 08:47 PM
On 2003-08-18 18:33, Rep0 wrote:
I dunno where people get this theory, as rare drops are totally random.

I got it from actually PLAYING THE GAME. I've definitely observed a correlation between the time I've played and the rares I'll get from an area. (At least in v2.) Damned if I can quantify it though.

Noone
Aug 18, 2003, 09:59 PM
Does everyone that does the FOS run kill all the enemies in the first forest? The reason i ask is that i have leveled up from level 60 to level 90 by going through the FOS run just to get the god/battle thing, i feel kind of dumb now because not one damn Hidelt have dropped a god battle only a damn photon drop. Yeah, i'm a redria.

Orange_Coconut
Aug 18, 2003, 10:21 PM
I actually got two God/Battles in one run, then got another two runs after that. Lucky? Probably, heh, but it just goes to show that anyone can have that kind of luck. Just keep trying is all I can say, you'll get one evenutally http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

rayner
Aug 19, 2003, 07:12 AM
On 2003-08-18 20:21, Orange_Coconut wrote:
I actually got two God/Battles in one run, then got another two runs after that. Lucky? Probably, heh, but it just goes to show that anyone can have that kind of luck. Just keep trying is all I can say, you'll get one evenutally http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

What level were you when you found both GOD/BATTLE? I did 7 runs last night and no GOD/BATTLE... actually no rares for that matter just 1 photon drop. Does game-time and/or character level have anything to do with rare drops... at least in Ultimate. I've gone from level 66 - 85 in the Ultimate Forest and I've only gotten a DIAKA OF BRAVEMAN from the Sil Dragon... that's it. All other rares were from area boxes.

Noone
Aug 19, 2003, 08:48 AM
I don't believe character level or beat time has anything to do with rare drops, they're random as far as i know. But... what do i know? i didn't even get one god battle after doing so many FoS runs i can't even count...

rena-ko
Aug 19, 2003, 10:15 AM
one so far, with redria... dozens ult forest runs, around 15 FoS runs, dropped around the 13th run, dunno anymore...

Blood-Rayne
Aug 19, 2003, 01:01 PM
Friend has Redria... 170+ runs... no god/Battle... he says hes giving up on his HUmar as he doesnt like him online... hed rather have a Fonewearl. raising her at a pretty fast rate http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

rayner
Aug 19, 2003, 01:29 PM
On 2003-08-19 11:01, Blood-Rayne wrote:
Friend has Redria... 170+ runs... no god/Battle... he says hes giving up on his HUmar as he doesnt like him online... hed rather have a Fonewearl. raising her at a pretty fast rate http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

OMG That's insane... That's like killing 2720 Hildelts... There's no way I'm doing over 100 runs of Forest of Sorrow. lol So far I've done 7 and have gone up 3 levels. hehe